Default Sycamore speedway sat night

I know that many don't know about sycamore, but what happened between harts well and olson? Heard it got ugly with both or one? Crashing into each other under caution.

Now my interest is peaked. Hartzell is a good guy and extremely laid back...would take a lot to set him off.

I heard Olson got into hartzwell passing him and it brought out a caution, and under the caution hartzwell went across the track full speed and t boned olsons car by the rear tire. There are pictures of the aftermath on sycamore speedways Facebook page. Hartzwells car is toast. Also heard Matt frabizee (sp) punched brindle after the race because Matt didn't like they way brindle lapped him in the feature. This is all 2nd hand info and was wondering if anyone was there to set the story straight. I went to lasalle but sounds like I should of went to sycamore.

Racecar1127, it is clear that you are just trying to stir the pot with this post. The fact that you don't even know the names of the people you are talking about here makes YOU look like a total idiot. Social media and morons like yourself are a big part of why local racing is struggling. Next time maybe you should consider keeping your mouth shut if you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

Didn't know trying to find out what really happened is a problem. Thought this was a racing board to find info. As stated this is what I heard and just seeing if anyone was there. The reason racing is struggling goes way beyond people talking on a forum board. Maybe the crazy cost of racing has something to with it. Ha. I would like to see sycamore speedway grow and become a major dirt speedway but if the things I heard have happened then it will keep that from happening. With an all ready small car count week to week we don't need drivers destroying cars under caution. (If that's what happened). Sorry if I ruffled your feathers doneypunch4u. I guess sycamore speedway is meant to stay in the Stone Age and waste away to nothing like many other great tracks have. So sad...

Curious fans and social media are hurting racing?????????

A curious fan would have asked who was the fast qualifier or who won the feature, not post a bunch of crap about people he doesnt even know their correct names and what they alledgedly did. When all this crap is posted on these sites it casts a negative light on the track and the sport.

Quote Originally Posted by donkypunch4u View Post
    A curious fan would have asked who was the fast qualifier or who won the feature, not post a bunch of crap about people he doesnt even know their correct names and what they alledgedly did. When all this crap is posted on these sites it casts a negative light on the track and the sport.
    So racing is a pretend world of milk and honey so the race fanatics will not feel threatened? Sorry but everything good or bad is reality.

If there is no further info about the so called incidents then it will fall on it's own merits. If there is more info I don't really see where it changes any ones minds about going to the races.

Well did a problem occur? I like to here everything that happens at a race track good or bad. So what if he doesn't know the names. He asked a question about what he heard. Do you have the answer? If not just say so. He said he didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. But you continue to avoid asking his question. I could care less who is fast qualifier. Or where they start.

And not to jump on the dog pile, but he was pretty close on the names. "Hartswell" is not far from Hartzell, and "Frabizee" actually sounds like a cool nickname for someone whose name is Fabrizius. If the grammar and spelling police take over on here, we're all in for a world of hurt!

Just had some friends at the track who nothing about racing (they go for the beer and a reason to get out of the house) texting me the action and was trying to find out facts of what went down. I get out there about 5 times a year but try to keep up from the week to week stuff. I was just surprised that there was no thread about what I heard happened. I see threads from every other track ( it's what keep tracks in the spot light) I remember seeing a thread about something like this happening at the start of this year ( maybe east moline area) and there being much discussion about it, and as A race fan I think it is important that happens. It's what us race fans do, talk about the action and give our thoughts on what happened. Sometimes we agree sometimes not. Look at the whole fals thread about weaver. If no one reported it I would of never know it happened and it keeps me interested in the going ons at different tracks. For positive stuff on sycamore track, when I have been out there this year the racing has been top notch with the 10 car in late models going for his 2nd track championship in row and the 15 car in the super lates going for his second track championship in a row. With the 4 bars only running every other weekend I would like to see Olson and Hartzell try some other tracks. I know the M car and the blue and white 7 car have run other tracks along with sycamore and I remember seeing them at the PDC this year. It's cool to see that and wish sycamore could draw a Kevin weaver or rich bell or guys like that to sycamore once in a while. I take full blame for not looking up the spelling of the guys names and for that I am sorry. If you get a chance at the end of the year sycamore runs this race called race what you bring and it was a wild time last year with guys doing all kinds of crazy stuff to their race cars. Pretty fun to see. Get out there if you can

I love the posters that say it's the forums that are ruining their home track........

Like saying cspan ruined Washington.
    EVERYBODY HAS A GAME PLAN, UNTIL THEY GET PUNCHED IN THE FACE.......M.T

Olson raced at LaSalle enough this year that he ended up in the top ten in points. Hartzell races LaSalle quite a bit and I even saw him in the results for Peoria not too long ago. I don't know much about Olson's background but Jeff has raced in our area for a long, long time. For what the situation appears to be on the surface it's not good for racing in general. If Sycamore paid more throughout the field and raced that class every week, you'd probably see more cars. My quick fix would be to find a way to combine their (so called) SLM class with the four-bars (their name for actual SLM's). Most of their current SLM are the real deal anyway, just on a three-link rear suspension (and steel block).

Cool Thanks for the info. I was there for the ump show at LaSalle when Olson showed up but he had so problems and couldn't get the car running. I had no idea hartzell ran other tracks. Good for him. Would like to see sycamore get rid of super late models and go all 4 bars. Be interested to see car count from week to week. 17 to 18 cars in that division from week to week would be a home run!!!!