Thread: LongHorn Rules

Default LongHorn Rules

Superman give another GA a## kicking.

10.3 sec win

No points racing tonight!

Did he happen to mention that he hoped everybody enjoyed that azz kickin???? lol

Two sweet-bloomquist chassises made the feature. Both in top 4. Not to shabby at all.

Well, after 30 plus years as a die hard Sprint Car and Big Block Modified fan I have recently turned into a Dirt Late Model fan. I saw my first WoO LM race earlier at Delaware International Speedway and have been hooked ever since. I am now trying to get up to speed with the history of Crown Jewel events, drivers, chassis manufactuers etc. and of course 4M. I do know that Bloomquist bult quite a few cars, but it now seems only Scott, Landers and Eric Wells currently run Sweet-Bloomquist cars on the national stage. Does he still sell cars or has everyone jumped on the Longhorn, Capital, Club 29 bandwagon? After reading many posts on 4m, it seems like DLM drivers and teams tend to jump on the "hot" setup and switch chassis more often than in the Sprint Car world.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Well, after 30 plus years as a die hard Sprint Car and Big Block Modified fan I have recently turned into a Dirt Late Model fan. I saw my first WoO LM race earlier at Delaware International Speedway and have been hooked ever since. I am now trying to get up to speed with the history of Crown Jewel events, drivers, chassis manufactuers etc. and of course 4M. I do know that Bloomquist bult quite a few cars, but it now seems only Scott, Landers and Eric Wells currently run Sweet-Bloomquist cars on the national stage. Does he still sell cars or has everyone jumped on the Longhorn, Capital, Club 29 bandwagon? After reading many posts on 4m, it seems like DLM drivers and teams tend to jump on the "hot" setup and switch chassis more often than in the Sprint Car world.
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the only National drivers running Sweet Bloomquist cars are Landers and Bloomer himself. Eric Wells is running a Bloomquist car, but it is an older chassis and not a Sweet Bloomquist.

I think it is pretty common for the top DLM guys to switch frequently. Drivers like Rick Eckert (Bloomquist, Rocket, MBH, and now Longhorn in the space of 2 full seasons) and Davey Johnson (not going to try to count that) are great examples of that. There are those who stick with stuff too. Its a decent mix. I think the chassis wars are a lot more prominent in DLM racing than in Sprint racing. A lot of people (favorite drivers aside) will root for people of a specific chassis brand. Its not often here in Central PA that I see someone wearing a XXX chassis shirt, or any sprint chassis for that matter. However at a DLM show you can count dozens of people wearing Rocket, MBH, Lazer, etc. gear.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    I could be wrong but I'm pretty sure the only National drivers running Sweet Bloomquist cars are Landers and Bloomer himself. Eric Wells is running a Bloomquist car, but it is an older chassis and not a Sweet Bloomquist.

I think it is pretty common for the top DLM guys to switch frequently. Drivers like Rick Eckert (Bloomquist, Rocket, MBH, and now Longhorn in the space of 2 full seasons) and Davey Johnson (not going to try to count that) are great examples of that. There are those who stick with stuff too. Its a decent mix. I think the chassis wars are a lot more prominent in DLM racing than in Sprint racing. A lot of people (favorite drivers aside) will root for people of a specific chassis brand. Its not often here in Central PA that I see someone wearing a XXX chassis shirt, or any sprint chassis for that matter. However at a DLM show you can count dozens of people wearing Rocket, MBH, Lazer, etc. gear.

Thanks,
    Jeff.
    You are right about Wells running the older Team Zero Bloomquist cars.

But you're missing Davey Johnson running the Sweet/Bloomquist cars. He's been running one for Tim Logan since May.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Thanks guys. Jeff, I am an Eastern Pa guy who has spent a lot of years at Williams Grove, Lincoln, Port Royal ,Bridgeport etc. Over the years I have seen DLM races at those tracks and at Hagerstown, but they never did anything for me until last month. Then the light went off of my head after seeing the WoO race. Since then I subscribed to Dirt Late Model Magazine, Dirt on Dirt, started looking at 4M and can't get enough of this stuff. My wife thinks I am nuts. This coming from a women who grew up in Shinston, WV...... Drove past Rocket Chassis for years every time we went visit the in laws.

Thanks guys. Jeff, I am an Eastern Pa guy who has spent a lot of years at Williams Grove, Lincoln, Port Royal ,Bridgeport etc. Over the years I have seen DLM races at those tracks and at Hagerstown, but they never did anything for me until last month. Then the light went off of my head after seeing the WoO race. Since then I subscribed to Dirt Late Model Magazine, Dirt on Dirt, started looking at 4M and can't get enough of this stuff. My wife thinks I am nuts. This coming from a women who grew up in Shinston, WV...... Drove past Rocket Chassis for years every time we went visit the in laws.
    Welcome to the nuthouse........take a long vacation for speedweeks in feb and head down to Florida and Georgia........you will get your fix for Dlm racing in a big way, mixed in with some big block mods.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Hey, hey, hey be Careful! Any negativity aimed at the Rocket clan, and your stay at this remarkable club, will be a short one! lol.....I speak from experience!

Anyway,....Welcome to the Club!
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.