Thread: C/O springs

Default C/O springs

What's the life span of coil over springs? How often should they be changed?

They claim life time.

If they retain free length, and test to what they are rated at, then they are still good in my opinion.

Ive seen some 10/15 yrs old still check right.

From what I understand its not the compression properties that change its the recoil that can fall off . I don't have the money to buy springs a few times a year, but this is only what I hear, I've heard of guys testing this and verifying this it was discussed earlier this year on the forum

Free height! And rate variance.

I'm gonna give you this piece of simple knowledge and someone will argue it but when it comes to suspension springs these are the 2 points that matter.

Free height first why? If a spring is starting to loose length it's time to pitch it. When a spring looses its length your car is also changing its dynamic and static setup. It's the same as someone randomly taking turns out of the corner that's loosing length. This will make the setup inconsistent and create a problem that's hard to find a correction for.

Rate variance. We need springs that rate as close to the same through every inch of suspension travel. Why , because we need to be able to control changes in order to have predictable and repeatable setups.

Why nothing else matters. Because we are controlling compression and rebound speeds with our shocks.