Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: a 3rd term

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    http://gerardlameiro.com/americas-fu...ing-emp-attack

If you are going to rip the guy off, at least post a link to his website, Terry. And you do realize the author also has ties to companies that would profit handsomely off technology to defend against such an attack?

Additionally, in his opening he lays the bait to suck folks right in with all the eerie, ominous *adopts low, echoing, sinister voice* "is this the gravest threat to bunnies, kittens and your innocent child since the dropping of an atomic bomb on Hiroshima?" (of course, this has to be stated over a graphic of a playground with bunnies and children playing on swings with a huge nuclear detonation erupting overhead in the back ground, then children screaming and being skeletalized as the detonation engulfs them) then proceeds to lay out multiple unrelated factoids that don't really answer any of the questions he poses but do lead you to your own conclusion that "Why yes, Dr. Moneymaker, an EMP that your chosen line of work would profit handsomely from defending our nation from is EXACTLY the GRAVEST and MOST LIKELY threat to our nation, (bunnies and children included)..."

I do think you have the right to believe whatever you want to believe, Terry. It's your life, time, money and right to believe whatever you want. But as for me and my house, we shall continue to serve the Lord. And that includes being ever vigilant and scrutinizing every claim that comes along trying to scare us or persuade us to believe things.

I am all about truth. And when someone starts telling stories, I seek the truth behind the story, and what motivates them to be selling me this story. And its always people trying to make money with these stories that I seem to find.

And we all know, the love of money is the root of all evil. Which is why I don't put any faith in anyone in the media to be my trusted council. They all love money, and will sell folks anything. Just like our politicians these days.

Fear and smear sells, and it seems like these days, most of America is buying.
    So the whole world is a Snake Oil Salesman and we have nothing to worry about? I see.

Fear and smear sells. Truth gets mocked.

I am absolutely certain you had no idea where that EMP piece you posted came from, no idea on the origin, but you are certain it's true because it fits into your preconceived idea that the world is a dangerous dangerous place and OBAMA is to blame for not taking action.

It was just another way to smear Obama. Nothing more.

I don't agree with all Obama has said and done either. Particularly on abortion and same sex marriage. But I am not going to look at him and say every last thing he has ever done is wrong or evil.

My preacher actually said on Sunday morning during his sermon that while he doesn't agree with what our elected leaders say and do, he would not call any of them evil. Just didn't agree with what they believed.

Of course, in the flame throwing, grenade lobbing world of our modern day media, he would probably be run out of town for being a reasonable human being looking at things with a level head.
    Last edited by t.nie; 10-14-2015 at 03:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dlm25jr View Post
    Iranians are the descendants of Ishmael, bastard son of Abraham. The Bible says, 'he shall be against every man(nation), and every man (nation) against him". That is why there is no peace in the Middle East. It was prophesied thousands of years ago for all you naysayers that don't believe in the inerrant word of God (Bible).
    Will you clarify something here please? How is Ishmael considered a 'bastard' when Sarai gave Hagar to Abraham as a wife?

"So after Abram had been living in Canaan ten years, Sarai his wife took her Egyptian slave Hagar and gave her to her husband to be his wife. " Genesis 16:3

I am curious as factual errors, omissions, and misstatements can cause one to disregard other associated opinions expressed.
    Last edited by anthonycacace; 10-14-2015 at 05:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by t.nie View Post
    Fear and smear sells. Truth gets mocked.

I am absolutely certain you had no idea where that EMP piece you posted came from, no idea on the origin, but you are certain it's true because it fits into your preconceived idea that the world is a dangerous dangerous place and OBAMA is to blame for not taking action.

It was just another way to smear Obama. Nothing more.

I don't agree with all Obama has said and done either. Particularly on abortion and same sex marriage. But I am not going to look at him and say every last thing he has ever done is wrong or evil.

My preacher actually said on Sunday morning during his sermon that while he doesn't agree with what our elected leaders say and do, he would not call any of them evil. Just didn't agree with what they believed.

Of course, in the flame throwing, grenade lobbing world of our modern day media, he would probably be run out of town for being a reasonable human being looking at things with a level head.
    Truth gets mocked? Hence your posts!