Default Saturdays Nascar race

I dont watch Nascar anymore but flipping thru the channels yesterday I stopped briefly when I saw cars racing. (Xfinity series) at Texas. The stands. Holy Ka Rap , we have more people in the stands at our little down home dirt track on Friday nites than Texas Speedway had in theirs yesterday. I mean it was EMPTY. I didnt realize its gotten that bad. I knew it was on the skids, but that was shocking. We left it on for a few laps, not to watch the cars, but to make sure were seeing what we thought we were seeing as far as empty stands.

It's hard to say anymore. People are probably less likely to travel to races in the fall as opposed to summer because the kids are back in school, etc, etc. Saturday is also college football, and Texas is a huge football state. Either way, unless it's the Daytona 500 or Indy 500 (and even those are questionable), not many tracks need all those stands on the back straightaway that you see sitting empty nowadays.

Pretty empty today also.

drive by Kentucky speedway any day of the week and the way they painted the seat makes them look full

And the stations are being told by NASCAR not to show any long spans from up above showing the whole facility................
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Xfinity races don't draw crowds any more except at places that don't have Cup races like Iowa.

All the old people they ran off use to go too the sat races.. Cause they did not work and had the time... had a friend who use to get weekend tickets for 10 and sometimes more NASCAR races.. they pissed him off so much he only gets Speed weeks tickets now and goes too a lot of the dirt races for speed weeks.. the twins and the big race are the only NASCAR races he goes too now... He calls Bill jr the dumbest rich kid he ever meet....

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    And the stations are being told by NASCAR not to show any long spans from up above showing the whole facility................
    Where did you find that at. I would like to read the article.