Thread: cross weight

Red face cross weight

I have basically a homemade modified its a metric 4 bar car I'm looking for a good starting point for weight percentages. my setup so far is lf-650,rf-550,lr-175,rr-225 springs. as for my shocks lf-5/3, rf-3/5, lr-7-2,rr-3/5 axel dampener 9/1. Car has to weight 2400 the track is 1/2 mile long straights tight corners sport mod class which is the class I'm starting got up to 90mph this past season. this is my first modified what left,rear,cross percentage should I be shooting for and how mush bite is needed.Springs and shocks are what where recommended to me have zero seat time in car. Thanks guys

front springs are too soft for a Metric.
    Does it have the Nova lower control arms on it, or is it the stock metric lowers?
    I think there should be lifeguards in the genepool.

what springs would you run on the front? I believe the lowers are factory. I might change them...

900 RF, 800 lf

we used to run 900 rf and 800 lf on a big half mile with a chevelle stud z linked rr and clamped up lr with spring in front and the thing was a rocket ship.

350 lf 900 rf in some situations
    Find me on Facebook: Impetus Dirt Racing Technologies

As far as your cross goes, I keep mine between 46.5 and 49.0. And I start around 40# bite, usually end up around 65#

Thanks for the help guys