Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    You are right. Davenport would have won those races with a monoleaf. Engineering is useless.
    There is a lot more money in engineering and chassis companies than building decks. You should try it.

While I agree with a lot of what you say I disagree with the way you came across with your replies. I only threw you a jab because of your reply.

There hasn't been any magic in quite some time. However, you must know your shocks, chassis, and probably most important your tires. You know that and we know that. No magic.

However new technology has made the cars faster and the 6 was the fastest car this year. All of the longhorns are fast.

Technology will make the cars faster next year and the next year. We all get it. Let's try to keep it positive. No one will learn how to win a race by reading this board. However there are some smart guys here for fun.

Keep it positive.

This reply was aimed at Huck

No decent tech discussion goes unpunished.

Billetbirdcage flat dominated the Midwest on hard tires for many years. The billet front end Shaw cars he was working on and with were outclassing the field and we're almost too nice to actually race. I would venture to say he makes good bank doing what he does now and any major team would love to have him on board to help, they either have not offered enough $$$ or he enjoys his current gig more.

True statements Zeroracing.
    What is this l/r device doing?Getting the car up but, not binding it.Allowing it to work like it is riding on the springs.Or changing the rear steer.

I've often thought about how stiff the LR gets on full hike up. Great for dynamic wedge...not so great for dampening. The spring isn't doing much and the tire is essentially providing the only "cushion" between the race track and the chassis. This is where I've wondered if a spring rod in place of the LR upper bar might be beneficial.

Davensnorts car bounces all over the place on the LR. I never said engineering isn't very important , I'm just saying I think part of his 2015 dominance is due to his willingness and ability to hammer the piss out of the cushion for a 100 straight laps. And field engineers around you must make 15 times what they do around here ... You don't see Bloomquist pounding cushions like that ...

And as far as no good tech going unpunished the only thing that happens here are guys claiming they are Rumley squared while never answering anything and talking around in circles.

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    And as far as no good tech going unpunished the only thing that happens here are guys claiming they are Rumley squared while never answering anything and talking around in circles.
    I'm assuming that most of this is directed at me

Think you misread/interpreted what I posted: You seem to think I have said something along these lines so show me anywhere in my posts where I said that:

1. That I personally have the Rumbley devise figured out and know everything about it
    2. That I know everything about their set up
    3. That having such a devise or other things (magic as you call it) will make an average team/driver compete consistently against the top tier teams.
    4. That I was mainly talking about the rumbley devise and nothing else

I said:
    1. There are several things people are trying, didn't say I know everything about all of them but what I do know some of them are very promising. I never said if or what I was doing and if it had anything to do with anything Rumbley is doing.
    2. Nobody else that I know of has been running the Rumbley devise at a major race that anyone has seen, reason I said Madden didn't have it cause it wasn't on his car during the finals and no one had ever seen it on his car at a race.
    3. That I spent a bunch of time on CAD: never said what I was working on or if it even pertained to anything anyone else is doing. I got motivated to work on some stuff, I never got around to and also to work on some stuff others are doing to help understand what it could help with or if it's applicable in another area.
    4. Changes are going: I believe when some of this stuff eventually comes out, it will be the new standard similar to the LR behind was back when (again never said it was my stuff, but you seem to have taken it that way).

You can think I'm a hack if you want, but nowhere did I claim to be some guru and know it all. JD and his team no doubt are an extremely good team, but to say they don't have some mechanical advantage (big or small) is burying your head in the sand. Everyone at times gets them from time to time, but no one has been able to be that dominate for that long. Even a slight one can add up but like I said many times you have to be in the same ball park. A mechanical advantage isn't going to make guy win races that couldn't keep up, but give that small advantage to one of the top teams that are all bunched together and now they are a tenth quicker. Sometimes that is all it takes.

The Top Teams feel JD has a pretty fair mechanical advantage (They have said it many times in interviews), thus the reason guys are trying stuff they normally would try. They are all hunting really hard to find something.

Davensnorts car bounces all over the place on the LR. I never said engineering isn't very important , I'm just saying I think part of his 2015 dominance is due to his willingness and ability to hammer the piss out of the cushion for a 100 straight laps. And field engineers around you must make 15 times what they do around here ... You don't see Bloomquist pounding cushions like that ...
    You're 100% right...as someone else said...Davenport could win a leaf-spring car if that's the case.
    Get a clue dude, Davenport is a good driver but he isn't that good.
    If you don't think that they had something figured out on the LR this past season, you're either ignorant or fibbing to yourself.
    And I never said they had a spring rod on the LR...my comment was part of what we call a DISCUSSION which you seem to know nothing about being a part of...
    Now I'll sit back and wait for the typical sophomoric response that we've all come to expect from you.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    You're 100% right...as someone else said...Davenport could win a leaf-spring car if that's the case.
    Get a clue dude, Davenport is a good driver but he isn't that good.
    If you don't think that they had something figured out on the LR this past season, you're either ignorant or fibbing to yourself.
    And I never said they had a spring rod on the LR...my comment was part of what we call a DISCUSSION which you seem to know nothing about being a part of...
    Now I'll sit back and wait for the typical sophomoric response that we've all come to expect from you.
    Even though the car is jacked up the cars attitude is not held by the RF shock. He also has a shock similar to 90/10.

To me one of the keys ofthe device controls the attitude of the car. The front shocks are free to do what they are supposed to do. The attitude is also important because it uses the air so well. They are very smart so you have to look at the little things like the rear end placement and it's differences etc etc.

You guys are dead on in stating that the other guys will catch on. Some are already catching up. But a tenth is a tenth and adds up.

I for one don't care for the one shock per rule deal. This sport was built on innovation. Change can be good when we are not talking politics. Like billet said this can be as big as the shock behind.

I would argue that technology has brought the fields closer together. The Rumley device looks to be just controlling the rotation of the cage and unlinking the relationship between the top and bottom links.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

In looking at pictures from Charlotte (prompted by this thread) I though it was obvious that Bloomquist had a dampner shock on the rearend. Just caught my attention as I am unaware of anyone running one anymore (at least around my parts).

Quote Originally Posted by TheJet-09 View Post
    In looking at pictures from Charlotte (prompted by this thread) I though it was obvious that Bloomquist had a dampner shock on the rearend. Just caught my attention as I am unaware of anyone running one anymore (at least around my parts).
    Something he added for that track condition, maybe???

Quote Originally Posted by Matt49 View Post
    Something he added for that track condition, maybe???
    He runs one all the time
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

He also had something green or green stripe on the LRF or that region.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    He runs one all the time
    Oh really? Tell me more.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosis View Post
    Oh really? Tell me more.
    Correction. I have seen one on his car several times. I don't see him race every week
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2

Davensnorts, and you wander ,I guess, why people screw with you so much on here, then again you must like it.....ive known of him since he started and never herd that.

I know Billet quit posting on here for years cause of a few bad apples. Hoping you guys don't let the dumb crap keep yall from commenting and trying to help out fellow racers.