Default shocks on a budget

The late model class i run has a 200 dollar claim on each shock. I like to run the best shock rhat is close to the price going over a little i s not a problem but dont what to to put 600 or 700 dollar shock and keep having people claim them. I currently runing belstein sz steel body with coil over kit on them and would like to run something better. What would be a good starting point on the valving

i'm constantly picking up afco m2's /silver for around $150 each. there are a ton of shock guys around who can get them to work about as good as anything out there.

Quote Originally Posted by collateralDamage View Post
    i'm constantly picking up afco m2's /silver for around $150 each. there are a ton of shock guys around who can get them to work about as good as anything out there.
    I would have a pile of M2 if I could find them that cheap
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

picked up 2 more this weekend. that's a total of 6 in the last 2 weeks - total spent $700.

You can find occasional deal of used shocks on Racing Junk. We picked up a complete set of non-adjustable Integra gas coilovers for $800 shipped. That's only $160/each. You can get them dyno'ed and probably get the oil changed in them for that $40/each to make them $200 shocks.
    Follow us!

the piston design in a bilstein is awesome, you can do a lot with what you have, i do agree that the coil over kit setup on an sz isnt very nice, you can buy asn bodies and revalve what you have to your liking, that would keep cost way down and you would have a very nice piece..... pm if you want to do that i own shock first tech and would be more than happy to help.
    JR

I'm with Gatorade on this one.Bilstein offer alot of bang for the buck and you can put other peoples pistons and valves in their bodies.I'm also thinking of going back to the SN steel body shocks on the l/r and r/f.With the high rebound and compression on those corners I'm thinking the steel bodies might be more consistent.Coleman offers a heat shrink coil over kit.

I know there product has not entered the DLM market as rapidly as the mod market but check out ridefox.com in there circle track products. Priced pretty point is pretty close to the Bilstein stuff