Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Ok, I hardly ever reply on here but , if you're bi%#/^%#in about a race in late November, I find it hard to feel sorry for you. Just my 2 cents.

I went last Saturday night to the Gobbler. I had not been to the track in 6 years. I read about the previous nights long show but that did not even for a minute deter me. I wanted to see a race at another track to close out 2015 for me. One thing, it sure seemed like a long haul up there. Myself and the Coca Cola man rolled into the track at 5:45p.m. and hot laps were underway. We parked out back, walked up to a fast moving ticket line, got in easy and grabbed a seat near turn 1. There was one unusual thing right off the bat, no announcing. I went up to the tower to see who was announcing and to touch base with those folks I had not seen in some time. It was nice to see Rick Eschelman and Chris Tilley. They were working on the pa system, every time Ric would turn it on the thing, it sparked and cut out, ouch! It came back on later during the event.

Back to the seats for SLM hot laps. After that I thought the races were well run and events were lined up and ready to go. Early features were run then the Super Late cars ran a clean race, lot's of green flag laps as we all know Madden smoked 'em but had to work traffic a lot. At around 9:15p.m. it was done and we hit the road for the long drive home. Drove right out. I enjoyed myself as I was free to just spectate, consume some frosties and not do the driving.

Bottom line I had fun, got to see some late season racing at a different track, and the whole deal was enjoyable. Also I wanted to get back to Cleveland as you never know what the future may bring to that track. One thing I noticed is that those dogs in t-1 were gone.

Late Model Mark
    Talladega Short Track Announcer

Too many support classes that no one gives 2 sh!ts about these days. Promoters think dragging shows out brings in more concession sales but it only pi$ses people off and they don't come back. In the good ole days there weren't 27 support classes and racing was fine. Now there's too many classes and not enough to pay out for everyone and they go all night. You don't need support classes. Look at Knoxville. I go to the Knoxville nationals to see super late models not warriors or b mods or street stocks. Just lates. Promoters: give the fans(customers) what they want and not what you think they want and racing will be a lot healthier. I have nor the time nor the desire to be a promoter but I can't believe some of the choices they make. People are going to the track see Owens, Madden, etc.... not Pete Gustafson go for his 3rd hornet feature win in a row racing a dodge neon with no windows

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    Too many support classes that no one gives 2 sh!ts about these days. Promoters think dragging shows out brings in more concession sales but it only pi$ses people off and they don't come back. In the good ole days there weren't 27 support classes and racing was fine. Now there's too many classes and not enough to pay out for everyone and they go all night. You don't need support classes. Look at Knoxville. I go to the Knoxville nationals to see super late models not warriors or b mods or street stocks. Just lates. Promoters: give the fans(customers) what they want and not what you think they want and racing will be a lot healthier. I have nor the time nor the desire to be a promoter but I can't believe some of the choices they make. People are going to the track see Owens, Madden, etc.... not Pete Gustafson go for his 3rd hornet feature win in a row racing a dodge neon with no windows
    Lol, good post
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Wow! I`ve always wanted to go to this race. Well, not always, just the 27 years they`ve been running it. Thanks for letting me know what to expect. Maybe next year I`ll finally be able to make it.

Well myself I enjoy all classes of racing. Sorry but if they just late models create, limited, supers and 2 hours later they done, I feel ripped off paying $35 for pit pass. But I guess I'm just not hardcore late model fan since I like watching all classes and don't b@tch because I look what all classes they are running smh.... if you only want watch 3 classes then maybe should look at what all classes they going be running. 6+ classes it's always going run to mid night, its logic if you have that.