Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Bad boy indy invitational BLOWS

I know it isn't late model involved but I am a late model guy and I can honestly say I would rather pay $200 for a ticket to watch the freight train jackson 100 from a few years ago again then come to this again for FREE next year...

10-4 on that.

I agree. We were really looking forward to it and it was just terrible. We left before the B mains. When it takes over 5 hours to hot lap and run heats you have a big problem. And then add on terrible, one groove racing and it gets worse. It is too bad

Emmit Hahn is laughing his a-s-s off right now

The freakin cars are in lap traffic taking the green.

Worst race ive EVER seen. Track was a joke ! Way to (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) small and crash after crash. They could barely get on it ... Pathetic

Did they end up running the midget feature? If so who won?

1. Kyle Schutte
    2. Spencer Bayston
    3. Chase Briscoe
    4. Ricky Stenhouse Jr
    5. Shane Cottle

Bobby didn't make the show. Never seen his name in the a main rundown.

Bobby was right behind Clausen in the heat finishing order- I think fourth or fifth? None of them could race on that track! It was try to not get spun and just hold on. Clausen was built up to be really good in a sprint ? Not sure I spelled his name correct?

You guys better watch what you say ! The dirt racing pc police (Ben Shelton and Jeff) will come here or write an article about how you are killing racing by telling the truth !!!

The only group of people I've found that enjoyed (???) it is NASCAR twitter, who are used to complete cluster(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)s.

Biggest joke I've ever went to... How the F*ck could someone not try to adjust track throughout night? Bring some tractor tires out and make corner an actual round corner instead of hair pin. Reminded me of a go kart track at state fair where they have one single line of tires in middle of parking lot.

WildMan is correct.

I mentioned this in another thread. If you attended or watched the Indy debacle and are gun shy about going to the Du Quoin USAC midget indoor show, don't be. Du Quoin is a tried & true venue and the racing is second to none. We've attended all but one of the December races at Du Quoin and watched the one we didn't attend on PPV and the racing is as good as it gets.

I felt sorry for them poor guys working the infield!! They deserved twice the pay for that debacle. It was a good effort and a huge undertaking to make a track in 12 hrs, but I know I wouldn't do that again. Like someone else said if they could do it at Lucas stadium and make it just a bit bigger you would have a race.

Well hats off to guys that built the track less than 12 hrs. But promotor and who decided to do that, should of handed everyone their money back to them as they left. Just watched two clips 30 sec. Long and now I want that 1 minute of wasted lufe i just used. I felt like i was watching a hairpin drift course. No racing just follow the leader. Sorry for all you guys that paid to watch it.

People complain when people complain about racing. I saw bits of it and that is very laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by TALON75 View Post
    I felt sorry for them poor guys working the infield!! They deserved twice the pay for that debacle. It was a good effort and a huge undertaking to make a track in 12 hrs, but I know I wouldn't do that again. Like someone else said if they could do it at Lucas stadium and make it just a bit bigger you would have a race.
    TALON, I've read that the parent company of the motorcycles and Monster Jam have a provision in the contract with Lucas Oil Stadium that forbids any other motorsports event from being staged in Lucas Oil Stadium. Do not have first hand knowledge of those contract provisions but it makes sense.

Try Du Quoin, it's the real deal!

Can't imagine lucas would want clean up of dust after seeing mess they made last night... Inaugural and last indy invite

Found out today from a close friend that went to East Bay for the Topless 50 dirt late model race that the midgets in Indy weren't the only ones that suffered through a yellow-fest. He said it was a 23 car starting field with 12 cautions in the first 20 laps. He said he'd had enough and left at lap 21.

Unfortunately, they all can't be great shows.

At first I didnt know what this thread was and how bad could it be , reading all this bitching about a race..SO... I found clips of it on You Tube. Holy. Freaking. Cow!! What a total joke. That track makes Macon look like the DuQuion Mile. Thats not even big enough for kart racing much less a midget car. Whos idea was this to hold this race and even more stunning, have big enough balls to charge to watch it? Its almost like its a spoof or a joke. But its not. Stunning. Look it up on you tube and get ready to laugh your butt off.