Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rule changes must be considered carefully

http://insidedirtracing.com/turn-2-b...ly-considered/

If either or both of the two national Late Model series make any rule changes, they have a lot to consider before doing so.

If the Lucas series were to change the rules and WoO/UMP did not, it could be very detrimental to Lucas (and vice versa). I could see that happening, too. Davenport runs the Lucas series, those are the guys whining the loudest.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

If changing the rules was c;ear cut right thing to do, they would have done it at the PIR show. They dn't change them because they know, their, save money reason was weak at best. They don't have the guts to outlaw most of the things that really add up to big costs. They think they can afford to piss off one race team, but not all the established vendors.

If a rule goes threw, that excludes one teams technology, who would try to develop any new tech, costly or not? If you can't build a better mouse trap, why play the game? It will dumb down DLM racing as a whole. The real costs will be to get that expensive .010 second out of a overly restricted car, just like NASCAR. The racing would more than likly suffer also, with all cars the same cookie cutter cars, limiting any passing.

Why not just go back to truck arm suspension, no gas shocks, production blocks and heads, and one harder than Superman's knee cap tire.

It's hypoticritical that all of you clowns loved it when they took away bloomers shocks ... If bloomer was allowed to keep his shocks davensnort would have been racing for second with his left rear . If your going to let snort run the left rear then let bloomer run his shocks. There's 50 million combinations available with a standard 4 link suspensions and no need for anything beyond that

Quote Originally Posted by hucktyson View Post
    It's hypoticritical that all of you clowns loved it when they took away bloomers shocks ... If bloomer was allowed to keep his shocks davensnort would have been racing for second with his left rear . If your going to let snort run the left rear then let bloomer run his shocks. There's 50 million combinations available with a standard 4 link suspensions and no need for anything beyond that
    Your a clown!

Bloomers deal was an extremely expensive bolt-on, that the average guy couldn't build. No comparison at all. Aithough, I believe Rumley deal would have been a cheap way to gain on that inerter and make it less of an advantage.

And bloomer wouldn't still be dominating. All the cars would just cost that 18k more.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Your an a ss clown!
    There ya go.......fixed it for you.

And yes........he is.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

If we're not going to allow inerters why don't we just go back to off the shelf Monroe truck shocks and multi stack leaf rears with steel wheels ???? It's your same stupid argument . You guys fighting for advanced technology act like if the device stays legal your going to go lap davensnort with his own set up. The local guy has a much better chance of staying competitive if you limit things like they have discussed

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    Bloomers deal was an extremely expensive bolt-on, that the average guy couldn't build. No comparison at all. Aithough, I believe Rumley deal would have been a cheap way to gain on that inerter and make it less of an advantage.

And bloomer wouldn't still be dominating. All the cars would just cost that 18k more.
    There you go! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    There ya go.......fixed it for you.

And yes........he is.

Thank you too BBQ!

If we're not going to allow inerters why don't we just go back to off the shelf Monroe truck shocks and multi stack leaf rears with steel wheels ???? It's your same stupid argument . You guys fighting for advanced technology act like if the device stays legal your going to go lap davensnort with his own set up. The local guy has a much better chance of staying competitive if you limit things like they have discussed
    Rumleys device is not advanced technology. And inerters have very limited use in motorsports. We should avoid extremely expensive gadgets. We should not stifle creativity. I was looking forward to this season more than any ever. All the stuff people were trying was very interesting to me.

Your last line does not apply to me personally at all. I made gains this year simply making something that I knew would produce the same visual effects of the Rumley device. I hadn't even see pictures of it yet.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Well if you do that let scott have his 15-18k, they wouldnt stop there. Someone would do more tec stuff to it and run it up to 20k. The say Rumley started to add his gadget on it run it up more 22-25k. I think lucas and woo are doing so far not it turn in to nascrap. What local wkend racer can will be able buy that, top founded regional driver would have problems buying that. How much is the over head to maintain it or rebuild the system. But if lucas and woo really worry about cost of racing for wkend racers and regional drivers? I think they should talk all regional tours promotion go to limited motor, if you got a top engine builder it only run 15-20k and you can buy 2 of price of top end open motor. If you want run against nation tour or crown jewel, when they go to a track you know you can run with or beat them. You buy one top end open motor or build one. Or simple everyone go to a limited motor package that not going cost you 30-45k to buy one. But I don't ever won't see super late models go nascrap way.
    Last edited by Kwd1253; 12-21-2015 at 02:46 PM.

Its funny when the guys who are used to just buying speed get upset when it is all sold out!
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Bloomquist's use of an inerter was creative, not his fault its so expensive. He races for a living, supporting his family, and retirement, he has to look for the best fix and easiest to implement and win.

Rumley device is creative as well, does it need banned? i don't know, if, and its a big dam if, Lucas is concerned about costs of DLM racing they may be inclined too ban it. Although i don't think it would be that expensive to produce.

Lucas would could save the costs of the above combined by simply banning wide bore engines.

Just say no...

You can't ban spread bores now , just make them add 50lb ahead of the radiator ... Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    Bloomquist's use of an inerter was creative, not his fault its so expensive. He races for a living, supporting his family, and retirement, he has to look for the best fix and easiest to implement and win.

Rumley device is creative as well, does it need banned? i don't know, if, and its a big dam if, Lucas is concerned about costs of DLM racing they may be inclined too ban it. Although i don't think it would be that expensive to produce.

Lucas would could save the costs of the above combined by simply banning wide bore engines.
    Considering they're all running all spread bore stuff now, banning it would require everybody to completely scrap their engine program in favor of a new one. That would be the most expensive thing they could do.

Playing devils advocate here......if everybody had a rumley device there would be no advantage, Just more money spent. So in the end all you did was drive up the cost to compete. The same can be said for soft tires, expensive shocks, and widebore motors
    Last edited by FlatTire; 12-21-2015 at 06:27 PM.

Who thinks any of these rules sanctioning bodies or sponsors of are interested in making racing cheaper for the weekend racer?

These series's are owned by people who sell parts, and lots of them.

My take is that they will outlaw anything that they don't have the right to sell themselves.
    BUCKLE UP NOW, YA HEAR?

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    If changing the rules was c;ear cut right thing to do, they would have done it at the PIR show. They dn't change them because they know, their, save money reason was weak at best. They don't have the guts to outlaw most of the things that really add up to big costs. They think they can afford to piss off one race team, but not all the established vendors.
    Gotta agree. If something was gonna be done, it would of been set in stone at the trade show.

They need to just let this Rumley/Davenport thing play itself out. A year from now we'll be talkin about someone else's hot streak. Comparable to JD's? No way, but someone else will get a edge and get on a roll. It has historically played out that way and will continue into the future.
    8/13/16

The Lucas rules are official. The new suspension rules more or less restrict you to a straight 4 link and that's it. They have also added a provision that they can outlaw anything they want if you manage to come up with a new mousetrap within their very strict rules. It's garbage.

If WoO/UMP are smart, they leave their rules alone.