Default Traction Control

I live in east central Indiana. Raced at places like Brownstown. Twin cities, Eldora, Union county speedway, Montpelier, Lawrenceburg...on and on...See some of the same Drivers win or be up front no matter where they go. Are they just that good or ??

You gotta be good to run up front. UMP could care less about traction control that's why it's never looked for. I am in your area and there are those who do have traction control, and it is noticable. Traction control won't take ya to the front. It takes a good driver/ chassis setup to do that.
    Last edited by Anonymous24; 12-22-2015 at 09:39 PM.
    Find me on Facebook: Impetus Dirt Racing Technologies

Ive heard about this also ..... I dont understand why its not looked at either .... Either its cheating or its legal ? which is it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Ive heard about this also ..... I dont understand why its not looked at either .... Either its cheating or its legal ? which is it ?
    Its cheating, but its to hard to police so its legal, but if your sail panel is not right, your gona have to fix it because thats all UMP checks, lol. and, yes those guys that run up front are that good. You dont see someone with lots of money just buy the best of everything and go whoop everyone's a$$. The guys that run up front been doing it for a long time and know how to set up and drive a mod.
    Last edited by QQQQ; 12-23-2015 at 06:57 AM.

Tire prep is a form of traction control as well. Yet I don't think it's being chased after by UMP either.

I watched a youtube video on traction control ..... It didnt rreally say how it was hooked up or how it was installed ? Im assuming it measures something slip under throttle off the corner ? So is this something easy to hide ? I would perfer to think racers dont cheat ....But it would seem the really fast guys at the track would be happy to show anyone there just (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) fast and be ok with being checked ....

traction control manufacturers often do not reveal their systems to those who do not purchase it. it helps keep the cat in the bag so others do not know what to look for to find other competitors that use it

Ive heard several teams at our local track have been approched to buy one ..... Thats why they want the fast guys checked .... Altho what Ive heard is all hear say .... But who really knows who is & who isnt .... I think the well know name teams can cheat more easily since they bring in the fans . I would think they are wanted at the local track ....

they dont check for it at all anyone can get away with it

Traction control is very difficult to use on dirt and very difficult to make very effective without the use of external sensors.
    If you don't worry about it and work on your car, you will be ahead.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -2
    Atomic - 2