Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Body cost

Quote Originally Posted by stock car driver View Post
    Like I said must not be many capable people around you. There are no less than 20 different places around me to have a body done. All of which will look the same as Grt Harris or whoever built them originally.

I build my own and refuse to do anyone else's because there isn't hardly any profit in it.
    Only 2 in a 150 mile radius!

A few do their own, that are decent! The rest look like they found it instead of bought it! lol
    Lions don't worry about the opinions of sheep.

You hit the nail right on the head .Someone who has never built a body and decking do not have a clue how much time and work it is.Same with paint and body work people are always asking me to paint their cars trucks etc I politely tell them no they ask why so I start rattling off cost of materials they go into shock most of the time I tell people to take to Macco.

At my local track there isn't much reason to spend time on perfection as someone will rip it off for you on the first turn of the first race anyway.

Amen to that brother every year my dad tells my son he is wasting his time putting on a new body on for the very reason you said of course he does it anyway.Usually what you said happens some idiot tears off one of the sides the first race.