Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Clanton, Eckert, and Richards aren't pushovers, and they have more experience at the tracks on the WoO schedule.
    Put Bloomquist, Owens, and Oneal against those 3 guys and Lucas wins 9 out of 10 times.

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    Put Bloomquist, Owens, and Oneal against those 3 guys and Lucas wins 9 out of 10 times.
    Hardly. Owens won 2 races last year. O'Neal won 1 race last year. The perceived strength of the Lucas series rests mostly on Bloomer and Davenport.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Am I missing something? The year before Jd had his glory. Wasn't it about Bloomquist, Owens, Lanigan ect. Running some sort of shock package that other drivers were complaining about. So they did away with what they had in the first place. And know Rumley came up with just about the same thing and let it slide.
    You couldn't be more wrong. Rumley beat them with steel, rod ends, and pieces of rubber. No exotic shocks or other cost prohibitive items were involved.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

I am all for keeping exotic pieces of expensive technology out. I am not for taking away a guys right to build a better beam axle suspension to win some races.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by plunks7 View Post
    Am I missing something? The year before Jd had his glory. Wasn't it about Bloomquist, Owens, Lanigan ect. Running some sort of shock package that other drivers were complaining about. So they did away with what they had in the first place. And know Rumley came up with just about the same thing and let it slide.

Rumleys trick was somthing most teams could afford. Bloomers shock deal was very pricy.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Rumleys trick was somthing most teams could afford. Bloomers shock deal was very pricy.
    Every team.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Really because last year Clanton took 4 out of 5 at Volusia during Speedweeks.
    "You cannot legislate the poor into freedom by legislating the industrious out of it. You don't multiply wealth by dividing it. Government cannot give anything to anybody that it doesn't first take from somebody else." - Adrian Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by NY DIRT View Post
    If Davenport signs up to run the full Lucas tour, He gets $700 for each event plus an extra $300 per event for being last seasons defending champion. That sounds like a thousand dollars just to unload the car. The WOO does not pay anything close to that just to unload you race car. Unless Davenport is not competitive at Brunswick, I look for him to make another run for the Lucas title because big time late model racing is a business not a hobby and the money is in the Lucas series.
    Doesn't WOO pay their champion 25% more, $100,000 versus $75,000. Based on a 50 race schedule Lucas champ would have to get $500 more show up money per race than WOO to make up the difference.

Default Rumleys Device

If it was so easy and cheap, why didn't everyone have it? You all act like he went to Summit or Jegs and bought it off the shelf. It was testing, I'm guessing computer modeling, data acq, trial and error etc. was the end result expensive, no, but to get there was. Bloomer and whoever else was running them shocks, yeah they were a lot, but anyone who had the cash could get them and run them. Not need an engineering degree to get it right.

It's funny the hypocrisy on here. Bloomer or Rocket came out with this and you'd be off with their heads asap. But poor Kevin comes out with it and it was a conspiracy by Bloomer and Lucas to get it outlawed. Most of the people they talked to, chassis builders, regional, and national teams, said we gotta nip this in the butt. And Kevin wanted more defined rules, so here they are.

You wanna outlaw one thing because you don't like the guy, and allow another because you perceive him as a good ole boy. Well, it's rules, not a favoritism contest, so you outlaw one trick, mine as well get the next. And down this slope we go. And if WoO, which I don't see them doing it, doesn't follow Lucas, I think it'll hurt late models in general till they unify the rules.

And as I've said countless times. The dude is smart, JD is a wheelman, but he's too smart for dirt late models honestly. They are going to paint him in a box, right or wrong.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    I do hope that Davenport and the Rumleys tell the Lucas Oil/Bloomquist series where to stick it and run the WoO Series. It would sound better, in my opinion, to be able to say one is both the WoO champion and the Lucas Oil
    champion.....from a career achievement standpoint.
    How is it the Bloomquist series? Hadn't won the championship in a few years, two years ago they voted to not give him hardship points and Lucas didn't overrule it. And pretty much everyone they talked to according to Lucas, wanted something done. And Lucas made a business decision. Not going to be many cars left if you let Kevin just come up with gadget after gadget. Right or wrong, they had to do something. Because it's not like Kevin's brain is going to stop working on that device. And I don't think they can outthink him anyway, so we shall see.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I remember when one local track considered outlawing Reese bars and 1/2 leafs with a coilover since it was 'exotic' and the cost was prohibitive... but a full aluminum engine was legal.
    Member of the Luxemburg Speedway Hall of Fame
    Class of 2019

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    If it was so easy and cheap, why didn't everyone have it? You all act like he went to Summit or Jegs and bought it off the shelf. It was testing, I'm guessing computer modeling, data acq, trial and error etc. was the end result expensive, no, but to get there was. Bloomer and whoever else was running them shocks, yeah they were a lot, but anyone who had the cash could get them and run them. Not need an engineering degree to get it right.

It's funny the hypocrisy on here. Bloomer or Rocket came out with this and you'd be off with their heads asap. But poor Kevin comes out with it and it was a conspiracy by Bloomer and Lucas to get it outlawed. Most of the people they talked to, chassis builders, regional, and national teams, said we gotta nip this in the butt. And Kevin wanted more defined rules, so here they are.

You wanna outlaw one thing because you don't like the guy, and allow another because you perceive him as a good ole boy. Well, it's rules, not a favoritism contest, so you outlaw one trick, mine as well get the next. And down this slope we go. And if WoO, which I don't see them doing it, doesn't follow Lucas, I think it'll hurt late models in general till they unify the rules.

And as I've said countless times. The dude is smart, JD is a wheelman, but he's too smart for dirt late models honestly. They are going to paint him in a box, right or wrong.
    You sure make a lot of assumptions about our motivations, Kevin's skills, and what it took to get where the 6 is.

And so do the rules makers. So here Lucas is.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Hardly. Owens won 2 races last year. O'Neal won 1 race last year. The perceived strength of the Lucas series rests mostly on Bloomer and Davenport.
    Did you ever think the reason they didn't win many races is because they were racing against Bloomer and Davenport? The only way Davenport loses a WOO race is his car breaks.

Did you ever think the reason they didn't win many races is because they were racing against Bloomer and Davenport? The only way Davenport loses a WOO race is his car breaks.
    Davenport didn't win every WoO race he was in last season, and he didn't break in any of the ones he didn't win. You can pound your chest until you're blue in the face, but you're still going to sound like an idiot.

By the way, you know which Lucas regular generally runs the best against the WoO when he runs against them? Brandon Sheppard.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedblue55 View Post
    Doesn't WOO pay their champion 25% more, $100,000 versus $75,000. Based on a 50 race schedule Lucas champ would have to get $500 more show up money per race than WOO to make up the difference.
    Lucas purse money is higher then WOO. For instance a $10,000 to win Lucas race pays $800 for last position. A WOO $10,000 to win pays $700 for last. Lucas pays more bonus money then WOO. For instance Davenport collected an extra $10,000 for winning the TV race challenge which was just one of the many bonuses he collected last season

Hey, I am a WOO fan. I would love it if Davenport switched over and McCreadie stayed with the WOO. but dollars and sense says that there is more money and much more TV exposure running the Lucas series for Davenport...

Correct me if im wrong

doesnt woo pay show up money for there regulars somthing like top 10 or 15. I remember tim fuller was getn $ just before he droped out a few yrs back.

If you think the strength lucas oil has over the outlaws is just perceived it might be time for you to start watching a new sport.

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    If you think the strength lucas oil has over the outlaws is just perceived it might be time for you to start watching a new sport.
    That's rich coming from you.
    Last edited by Josh Bayko; 01-07-2016 at 07:46 PM.

Maybe for vacation you can come visit late model country... posse!

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    Maybe for vacation you can come visit late model country... posse!
    You clearly know nothing about the lay of the land as far as racing goes in Pennsylvania.