Default Skyline Speedway

Skyline racing in 2016?

Hope so. Never like to see a track closed. I would imagine they'll open up a little bit later as they did in 2015, or possibly just open for a few larger races as they were originally planning to do in 2015.

I have only been once, and doubt I would ever go back. Went for a weekly show 2 years ago. Hardly any passing throughout heat races for every class. Took them nearly an hour to clean up just one crate late that flipped, granted their was some fuel on the track. We left before any of the consi races started because it was that boring. As of today, this is the only race track I have ever left before a feature even took the track. Sounds like there were several train races there last year too. This could just have been one bad night, and I certainly hope they remain open, but I was not impressed.

I went to the harvest 50 2 years ago, wasn't a bad show. They just seemed to drag everything out that night. I liked the track, smooth slick surface, provided for some good racing. Only thing I didn't like about it was, late model was over at around 230, which put me home at around 5am, and the food wasn't that great either. Had plans of going back again just never made it up that way this year.

I think it was under different management from 14 to 15.

Freddie Carpenter ran the place last year, but I heard no one is going to run the place this year.

Skyline has always been a decent place to race/watch it seems like. Last few years been kind of rough though... not a lot of passing, small crowds and different management each season. Hate to see any track close but I believe by the end of 2015, the place was just operating on fumes. Credit to Freddie Carpenter for stepping up to keep it open though.