Default Golden Isles First Timer

So in February me and a few pals will be heading to Golden Isles for the first time. Went to Screven last year, loved it, but I have always wanted to go to GIS, so this year thats where we will be. We are going to be staying at the Econolodge, I dont know if thats close to anything but, thats where we will be.

1. What are some good restaurants?? Looking for a good place for some grub

2. Best places to have a few drinks? Happy hour, before the races, or late night after the races.

3. What type of entertainment might be good around town?

4. Anything else I need to know, be wary of, etc.

Thanks for all your help!

The track is roughly 10 miles from I-95 where I assume you are staying, absolutely nothing between there and the track. Zachry's Seafood right at the interstate is pretty good grub and usually live music outside on the weekends with outside bar open. Brunswick itself has the usual chain stuff and if you are looking for local flair you gotta head to St Simons Island, Head down by the Pier or Red Fern Village for grub and a variety of bars. If we get a rain out or you can catch an early dinner check out Bennies Red Barn for steaks one night, cool little local place that's been around for a while

couple years ago , went to mudcat charlies for lunch , thought it was good then
    been a few years so who knows now

http://www.goldenisles.com/listing/mudcat-charlies
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

Econolodge I believe is one exit north of the track exit. If you go North one more exit there is a bowling alley to the left and to the right are tons of restaurants and shopping needs (Walmart / Mall / Office Supplies). Jekyll Island is an awesome little place to visit. Some great restaurants there and very scenic. There is a little place just a few miles past the track on the right that has pretty good grub also. There is also a grocery store and a couple of restaurants just after getting off on the track exit.

I appreciate it guys! We will more than likely head to the island one day to check it out. We are all fired up about making it to a new track, as we try to do a couple of times a year. Gonna be a good time no matter what, I'm sure we will check out a couple of those spots and maybe head to the island for lunch one day. There is a waffle house attached to our hotel parking lot, so that should cover the rest of the food haha

Check out Willies Weenie Wagon for a great Pork Chop sandwich. Don't look like much but it's good. Also try Spanky's, good seafood and such. Also there is Old times Buffet, right off interstate at exit 38. Big Buffet with about everything.
    Enjoy