Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tony Stewart

Default Tony Stewart

Smoke is at it again .....

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Smoke is at it again .....
    Yep. We were there.

how do you know it wasn't just someone in the stands playing "hey, look at me!" I'm not defending anyone. just saying the world is full of stupid people.

Hes like anyone else that have the right to confront someone that is disrespecting them. Just goes to show that the south isnt the only place that rednecks come from. LOL

It's entirely reasonable to assume that Stewart's legal counsel in charge of his pending wrongful death law suit filed by the family of Kevin Ward Jr. are something less than ecstatic with his latest outburst.

It appears that Stewart is attempting to provide job security to said legal counsel.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Hes like anyone else that have the right to confront someone that is disrespecting them. Just goes to show that the south isnt the only place that rednecks come from. LOL
    your right he is a total redneck . and a total a$$ . when you are stupid enough to strike a fan
    weather hes your fan or not . shows his class same way hes done before . and i am not saying
    the first did it to him self . but when your the pro , you should contain your self and let the idiots
    conduct their own self . hes one real hot head , and the future will show it . only hope its not
    at the beloved eldora speedway where real rednecks will kick his a$$ if he does not have his
    body guards with him . puts him in the idiots class. just sayin.

But he doesnt hit the guy his "bodyguard" does. And yea with that lawsuit pending it would be a thought to control oneself but we dont know what all was said to provoke him to walk up there.

This guy was lucky. The last guy that tried to take on Tony ended up dead...

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    It's entirely reasonable to assume that Stewart's legal counsel in charge of his pending wrongful death law suit filed by the family of Kevin Ward Jr. are something less than ecstatic with his latest outburst.

It appears that Stewart is attempting to provide job security to said legal counsel.
    I think your right Tony's legal counsel can't be very happy with this latest outburst by Tony. Tony just doesn't have any self control of his emotions. I'm nit saying he's in the wrong on this deal but, in light of a pending law suit it doesn't look good.

The guy was being a total jerk, no question about that but when you're part of the show you NEVER go into the stands.

The heckler was a drunk off duty cop. His own police chief is investigating the antics and will decide whether to take action against the drunk.

And Stewie never hit or shoved the guy. It was a security guy that shoved him back into his seat. Tony had his hands on the guys shoulders while they were talking.

It's not like Tony went up into the stands for a fight.

It appeared Tony was having some fun with this guy as He was 1/2 a$$ smiling during the whole debacle.
    8/13/16

I totally agree hh. I think tony handled himself very well. Now people put yourself in Tony's position. How long would you listen to an (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word) badger you? I would have knock the a hole out!

How long depends on how thin skinned you are.

Tony has always been a thin skinned hot head. This is nothing new.

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    How long depends on how thin skinned you are.

Tony has always been a thin skinned hot head. This is nothing new.

You would think Tony would realize how many 0's he has in his bank account and just consider the source and move on

Quote Originally Posted by stockcar5 View Post
    This guy was lucky. The last guy that tried to take on Tony ended up dead...
    Guy in the stands didn't look stoned fresh off hitting the hooka pipe???
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Guy in the stands didn't look stoned fresh off hitting the hooka pipe???
    Good one BBQ lol...

I guess that just about sums it up ! Stewpot going into the stands is no different than when Latrell Sprewell of the NBA ran up into the bleachers and punched the fans that help pay his wages. Each sport has its thugs. NBA has Sprewell and Lamar Odomes, NFL has Pac Man Jones and Vantaze Burfict, racing has Tony Stewart and, and, and I believe that it is only him that is the black eye of the sport. THUGGERY at its finest. Stewart is seemingly never going to have any control of his mouth. Not even the anger management intervention that he was forced to take didn't heal his problems.
    Last edited by Raceready; 01-18-2016 at 01:12 AM.

I apologize up front for the length but after a couple of days to digest much of the incident that we witnessed Friday night at The Chili Bowl there are several points we wanted to touch upon.

By most reasonable people's standards the off duty cop is a complete jerk off and went well beyond the point that warranted being ejected from the building. However, in today's societal climate the rule seems to be that when a patron purchases a ticket to an event they have the right to say anything they choose to the people who are part of the event with the blessing of the 1st Amendment of the U.S. Constitution. This applies to most, if not all, events that involve adult, professional participants. I personally don't agree with that policy but, it is contingent upon the adult participants to refrain from reacting to the verbal abuse. Obviously this doesn't apply to events that involve children and adolescents.

Even at the college level, going back to my own days of attending college sporting events as a student, there were verbal abuse sections and those sections were deliberately positioned where they could have the greatest effect. Athletes at the major college level, especially basketball players, were counseled by assistants and other officials as to how not to react and not let the verbal abuse affect their game. It's worse at the professional level. It's a reality that cannot be escaped.

The bottom line is this, it is absolutely unacceptable behavior for someone involved with the event, other than security, to ever go into the spectator area to confront a patron/patrons. Given Stewart's tendency to purposely alienate various segments of racefan's he surely has to know that from time to time he's going to be a target. Sometimes it's best to act like ya' just don't care.