Fri. – 09/30/16
    Legendary Hilltop Speedway
    “AMRA STARS Championship”
    $2,000.00

Sat. – 10/01/16
    Atomic Speedway
    “AMRA STARS Championship”
    $3,000.00

For more information on the AMRA STARS Alliance visit us online at www.starslm.com, email us at outlaw_vinyl_graphics@yahoo.com or call us at 304.771.5051. You can also follow the AMRA STARS on social media at www.facebook.com/starsspeedweek

I thought they were supposed to do a Speedweeks in June? That schedule is disappointing to say the least.

Didn't the STARS series pay a minimum of 5k per show back in the day? This looks like a weekly series at 3-4 tracks. Using the STARS name and paying 2-3K to win is a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by GEAR_HEAD View Post
    I thought they were supposed to do a Speedweeks in June? That schedule is disappointing to say the least.
    This isn't the buckeye speedweek schedule. It's been out for several months now.

http://buckeyelatemodeldirtweek.com/schedule/

"Plans were tentatively set for a June speed week that would allow for the series to work with other touring bodies to provide a schedule the saw no conflicts in the region."

http://starslm.com/?p=307
    The Stranger: Somebody left the door open and the wrong dogs came home.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    This isn't the buckeye speedweek schedule. It's been out for several months now.

http://buckeyelatemodeldirtweek.com/schedule/
    STARS originally said they were going to have 15 events in June. People were saving vacation days for those shows. Everything AMRA gets involved in turns into a joke.

THE SHORT TRACK AUTO RACING STARS SERIES SET TO RETURN JUNE 2016!

Three Weeks. Fifteen Nights. One Champion. "STARS Are Born On Speedweeks!"

(Middlebourne, WV) – EDGE Entertainment, Inc. is excited to announce it will officially reboot the original 'Short Track Auto Racing Stars' Super Late Model Series in June of 2016. The series has sat idle since 2004. EDGE Entertainment has shown success in the Eastern race scene with the Renegades of Dirt Modified Tour and looks forward to adding it's full efforts into the Super Late Model ranks next season.

The revived but new look 'Summer S.T.A.R.S. Series' seeks to showcase fifteen races in just three weeks during the month of June as part of a 'Speedweeks' that will award the series champion with a $15,000 to win point fund. Officials expect to travel within a 250 mile radius of it's base in Middlebourne, WV but in all directions S, N, E, & W throughout Ohio, Pennsylvania, West Virginia & possible neighboring states.

The series will officially be named the 'Summer S.T.A.R.S' and has been granted rights to utilize the name, logo, and history by the appropriate powers. “We thank Carl Short for allowing us the opportunity to continue the legacy of the STARS series. The STARS series has rich tradition and strong roots in the region. We hope to revitalize it to the level it was in the 80's & 90's and plan to give it 110% in doing so” stated promoter, Cody Watson.

“We wanted to soft release the return early and will begin gathering tracks, drivers, and more info in the coming months. Our goal is to have a website online within the next month with more definitive info for fans available early in the fall” added Watson. “Our early goal is to pay $3,000 minimum to win on week day shows with $5,000 minimum to win on weekends and have a very lucrative pay off throughout the full field. Best put, an Eastern storm is on the horizon” concluded Watson.

A race director and series officials will be selected this summer. Watson plans to oversee the promotional/marketing of the tour and the day to day operations. For more info contact the series by emailingcody@starslm.com.

PAST SERIES CHAMPIONS
    1984: John Mason; Millersburg, OH
    1985: Jack Boggs; Webbville, KY
    1986: Larry Moore; Dayton, OH
    1987: John Mason; Millersburg, OH
    1988: Jack Boggs; Webbville, KY
    1989: Mike Balzano; Parkersburg, WV
    1990: Mike Balzano; Parkersburg, WV
    1991: Donnie Moran; Dresden, OH
    1992: Donnie Moran; Dresden, OH
    1993: Davey Johnson; Imperial, PA
    1994: Davey Johnson; Imperial, PA
    1995: Donnie Moran; Dresden, OH
    1996: Steve Francis; Ashland, KY
    1997: Steve Francis; Ashland, KY
    1998: Steve Francis; Ashland, KY
    1999: Donnie Moran; Dresden, OH
    2000: Chub Frank; Sugar Grove, PA
    2001: Chub Frank; Sugar Grove, PA
    2002: Chub Frank; Sugar Grove, PA
    2003: Chub Frank; Sugar Grove, PA
    2004: Davey Johnson; Imperial, PA

https://youtu.be/AS3m_dLVwdY

I agree, a little disappointing.

Better than nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Drop Shock View Post
    Better than nothing
    It's an insult to the STARS name. Should have just called it the AMRA schedule, which is all it is. Don't tell people to look for a 15 races in June if you have no intention of doing it.

Insulting is right... 2,000 to win show and you're putting the STARS name on it? Awful

Well in my opinion, Tyler County, Atomic and Hilltop all put on some pretty good Late Model shows throughout the year and draw some good cars which should add some excitement to it. Of course I'd like to see more races and a few bigger dates, but I like the fact that the tour is regional and isn't going to send guys 250 miles the opposite way for a particular date. We were all dreaming when we heard that "stars" was coming back to expect Davey Johnson, Steve Francis (etc) to jump on this tour because honestly, big time late model racing has changed. The Ohio Valley area still features some pretty stout Late Model fields and it should be good to see an all star like tour of those guys plus who all might drop in. I'd like to see the purses grow and a couple more dates but I'll take it over nothing... and let's see what happens.

I must not remember seeing this before I thought you were referring to the buckeye speedweek deal.

The I'm interested to see is Jackson. That place is kinda like Ohios version of Macon. This is kind of a let down in a way, maybe the schedule isn't complete yet?

They are using the STARS name for that? Ultimate should of bought those letters instead of BoB

May 7th, Sat., shows to be a UFo race at Tyler County also?? So, is that date a co-sanctioned date, or STARS replacing UFo on that date or ???

The intention was there, the interest wasn't. Unfortunately just not the right time I guess...to much other stuff going on with nearly every track within four states set on what they were doing and not willing to add the STARS name to their racing programs. The hope is to get something started and build from there.
    EDGE ENTERTAINMENT
    (304)771-5051
    www.edgeconnect.co
    "232 Main St. Middlebourne, WV 26149

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw_vinylgraphics View Post
    The intention was there, the interest wasn't. Unfortunately just not the right time I guess...to much other stuff going on with nearly every track within four states set on what they were doing and not willing to add the STARS name to their racing programs. The hope is to get something started and build from there.
    Cody, we know you had great intentions for STARS, it's a shame other people didn't want to be involved. Either way, I know you'll do great things with it even if the series isn't as big as it should be this year. Good luck.

Default Stars

Quote Originally Posted by outlaw_vinylgraphics View Post

June and July was really packed with various regional & national shows.... August seems to be Much Less busy/crowded in 2016 anyways.... Maybe a different time frame for a couple week series in 2017?

We wanted to help by getting involved at Atomic Speedway and Jackson County Speedway by scheduling a few STARS shows. It may take a season or 2 to get tracks involved, somethings just do not happen overnight but at least Cody is trying.

The Buckeye Late Model Dirt Week is July 21-30 throughout Ohio.
    July 21- Legendary Hilltop Speedway
    July 22- Moler Raceway
    July 23- Wayne County Speedway
    July 24- Millstream Speedway
    July 27- Atomic Speedway
    July 28- Hilltop Speedway (Millersburg)
    July 29- Brushceek Motorsports Complex
    July 30- Atomic Speedway

We also will tryn expand to 10 full days in 2017.