Thread: Rfactor tracks

Default Rfactor tracks

Can someone help me get some dirt ovals downloaded. I have rfactor and dlm sim 2.4 loaded but no tracks. All the youtube vids show going to dirtlatemodelsim.com but their website is completely blank. DLM on a road course just isn't right. Also anyone what is best steering wheel to use? Thanks in advance for help

http://www.dirtworksdesigns.com/ They have a good selection. They have Latemodels, Big Block modifieds, Imca Modifieds,Street Stocks, Dwarf cars and are about to release Sprints!

www.bcmodding.com has Dirt Motorsports 2016 late models which is by far the best late model mod. He has links for some tracks as well.
    www.sprintcarsonline.com has a good assortment of tracks and the boz sprint car mods which are phenomenal as well.
    Good luck. These mods are incredible. If you are a fan of the sport you need to try these!
    Last edited by Lumpster1J; 01-17-2016 at 07:37 PM.

Thanks for the help been loading of sprint cars online

If Boz is still around, they had nice tracks.

As far as wheels, the Logitech G27 I think it is, is pretty nice looking. Haven't bought it because I don't play much if at all anymore.

Have the Momo wheel, which it's old, but it was very good and dependable.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

I picked up a used G27 with a pro stand for $220... certainly looks like I have many laps ahead of me before I'm any good lol

Have fun with it man! Been running dirt sims since SLM Heat back in the day. This new Dirt Motorsport Late Model 16 is sure sweet!

I now have the dirt Motorsport 16 mod, can anyone tell me why every time I go to join an online race it gives me an error code. It shows me at the actual track in the car but won't let me drive. Seems to happen to several of the other players trying to join as well. Hoping someone has run into this problem

If you are on facebook might ask to join this group lots of good information there. https://www.facebook.com/groups/DirtSimRacing/

Quote Originally Posted by WisWildManFan View Post
    I now have the dirt Motorsport 16 mod, can anyone tell me why every time I go to join an online race it gives me an error code. It shows me at the actual track in the car but won't let me drive. Seems to happen to several of the other players trying to join as well. Hoping someone has run into this problem
    What is the error code? It usually means there is a file mismatch between you and whomever is hosting the race. RFM mismatch is a big one with rfactor. Alot of guys muck around with their vehicle file to cheat, so if their files dont match yours, it wont let you race. Gets kind of complicated online.

Unfortunately that is one of the weaker points of rfactor is trying to find online racing. A league is your best bet for sure. I gave up because I travel too much to commit to a league.

The DM16 late model AI works well on most of the BRL sprint tracks and the old DWD tracks. For some reason I cant get the DM16 AI to work on the DWD 2015 tracks( which are awesome by the way). If you have the RFE weather plug in, the track conditions change and the groove will move around a bit. Adds a bit of realism.
    The best AI for offline racing is the DWD 2015 Big Block Mods. You get 3 and 4 wide racing on the 2015 DWD tracks and you can turn yellow flags on with out the AI completely flaking out when the yellow comes out( which most dirt mods do). I have a blast offline racing, but most prefer online I guess.
    Run a Big Block Mod season offline. It is set up to run the 2015 tracks when you start the season and it will keep track of your points. Its good fun. The AI is a little inconsistent being that they are super fast at some tracks and slower at others, but just mess with it until you find what works for your speed. Enjoy!
    Last edited by Lumpster1J; 01-24-2016 at 09:50 PM.

For those of you looking for information on why things dont work, look at the facebook page Slingin' Dirt, usually theres alot of good info and feel free to ask questions
    2015 Tracks So Far (Big Races)-Florence- 5 (Ralph Latham)Ponderosa- 1Eldora- 3 (Dream)Fairbury- 1

Thanks for all the info Catfish. Yea the error is usually a mismatch code. I will have to try racing the AI on one of the tracks you mentioned. I have been trying on lasalle and FC and all the AI does is flip all around the track. I did download the big block mods so I will have to try those for offline racing.

The error is because you havent installed the latest update for the DM16---its update 1.5 on bcmodding.com

If you go to the online, sort by the mod, and look for dm16 1.5 there are several servers for them.

Also if you have TeamSpeak, find Z-Racing, and they have a bunch of tracks on there.