Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Lucas Oil Racing TV or Dirt On Dirt (Which one is better folks?)

Well since everyone has seen both now, which one is better and why?

I personally think it's BS that lucas pulls their coverage right after the late models are done. As a racing fan I thought they were covering the full night of racing at the track. So many disclaimers all over about the weather, coverage,ect that wasn't posted when I bought the years worth.

Nice to see running order, transfers,ect.

I have to go with dirt on dirt still because of the roaming reporters, better coverage around the pits, live interviews,ect. It makes you feel like your there more.

Whats everyone opinion?

Lucas Oil Racing TV

Money wise, Lucas Oil TV. This weekend alone, only 7 bucks to watch three live events.

I agree you cant beat the price. My question is how long will the $7 price last?

I think they compliment each other.

For me they are both great and the prices are good for both. I don't like one any better then the other.
    Just glad to have both.

While 7 bucks a month was great for races during speedweeks. DoD will have about 30 times the dirt late model coverage between now and the next set of races you see on Lucas Oil TV.

And I know it will be hard for some grasp but you are basically watching a TV version unedited and it just happens to be on the Internet. They certainly have better equipment than DoD. I think most are forgetting that important aspect of it.

Like fryefan said they compliment each other.

60 bucks is hard to beat for a year. But both are good.

I assume the question was just about the PPV coverage. Lucas has better production and is so much cheaper it's ridiculous. DoD tries harder and has a more grassroots feel to their coverage. It's a well financed corporation vs a Mom and Pop.

If you take the price out of the equation, I'd go with DoD. Everything DoD does makes me feel like I'm watching something a fellow fan was producing. I'm glad we have both doing live PPV shows. I'm going to continue to support both with all that money I stopped spending on NASCAR when they turned their back on me and the rest of the fans that built their sport.

I should take this opportunity to say one thing I didn't miss during the Lucas coverage was the non-stop Twitter babble that has become a trademark of the DoD coverage. Yeah...they mentioned it on the Lucas cast, but about 1 time for every 10 times you hear it on the DoD PPV. That's one area DoD could really improve on. If I cared about who was saying things on Twitter I'd be reading Twitter. I am paying to watch and listen to race coverage not listen to people read their Twitter feed and give shoutouts.

I like both

Lucas Oil TV DOD to much $$

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    I like both
    This , I like being able to watch all the series a day later on DoD , Summernationals , WoO , Ultimate , SaS , Ray Cook's Southern Nationals , Carolina Clash , etc. etc. Not to mention the articles and photo galleries.

I think there is room for both , with Lucas Oil Racing TV covering just Lucas , in terms of quality they have set the bar very high .

how long will dod be doing ppv with lucas? is this part of a old contract that hasn't expired or will dod end up with woo and unsanctioned races only?

I guess the simple way of putting it is in a couple months when I'm at either FALS, Frmr Cty, Peoria, Lincoln, or wherever on a Fri or Sat night, it would be difficult to tune into Lucas TV while I'm at the track.
    I will be able to come home and watch it at my discretion on DoD. Now, if I sat home every weekend, it might be a different story.
    No knock on Lucas Oil TV. It is great for our sport. Just not for me at this particular time.
    8/13/16

most of those shows will be archived on Lucas , I got both , and when a rain out is in my area I have something to fall back on the world finals was better quality though, lucas dirt I nice it has shows archived of most every thing on mavtv which I can't get because of DISH
    Last edited by old fan; 02-07-2016 at 07:44 AM.

If all the shows are archived it still makes no difference. They are archived on DoD as well.
    I'm not sitting home on a weekend night to watch racing on a screen when I can see one in person. No comparison.
    8/13/16

Who said you are but you can watch both during the week and shows like Dirty30 and Mt classic car is not bad to watch during the week I would never sit home on weekend of racing but when there is rainout in your area which it will happen its not bad having an option

Quote Originally Posted by Spanky44 View Post
    I personally think it's BS that lucas pulls their coverage right after the late models are done. As a racing fan I thought they were covering the full night of racing at the track.
    If I am not mistaken, their purpose is to cover anything sanctioned by Lucas Oil. The mods were not. Still, if you are going to show the preliminaries, might as well show the main event for them. If not, then don't show the prelims. Just spend that time doing interviews and other stuff to fill time between Lucas races.

Both are must have for racing fans.