Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rumley Rockets

Macintosh clarified it was a new rocket but not the new style car

Good deal thanks for clearing that up

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Well, here's some Inception type stuff. Who's to say that the Rumley designed Longhorn doesn't have influences from Rocket in the first place? I mean, that's what the Rumleys were running before they got into the Longhorns.
    Excellent point actually.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I guess I am going to open up a can of worms. But being a fairly new DLM fan and a reader of 4m for only the last 6 months, why all the hate toward Rocket chassis and Josh Richards? It seems the majority on this board love to bash their success. I had the opportunity visit the shop a few months ago while visiting my in laws in WV just as a fan. Stopped in, told them I was in the area and everyone could not have been nicer. Got to meet Josh and he seemed like a fine young man to me, very down to earth and personable to boot.
    With most people,Josh isn't the issue.......

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    With most people,Josh isn't the issue.......
    this is true. In the future, when Josh is king of the castle at Rocket, I think a lot of the hate that gets thrown that way will probably die down.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Kwoods25 View Post
    He might have been not sure on that one. But Satterlee was running last years stuff
    Satterlee sold all of his other cars. He only has 1 car right now and it is the new XR1 Rocket, at least according to his father.

Jdawg is correct he has the xr1

Mcintosh does have a new xr1, they have practiced with it but dont think there breaking it out til there next race. They other rocket he is running was one they picked up after they got junked at Eldora , but its not a xr1.
    Nothin Like Dirt In Your Beer.......

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I guess I am going to open up a can of worms. But being a fairly new DLM fan and a reader of 4m for only the last 6 months, why all the hate toward Rocket chassis and Josh Richards? It seems the majority on this board love to bash their success. I had the opportunity visit the shop a few months ago while visiting my in laws in WV just as a fan. Stopped in, told them I was in the area and everyone could not have been nicer. Got to meet Josh and he seemed like a fine young man to me, very down to earth and personable to boot.
    Just like people hate the New England Patroits.Josh is like Brady and Mark is the Belichick of dirt racing.Always serious and intense He is there to win and keep his Brand on top. People hate the Patroits for the same reasons. Every time I talk to either one they are polite and friendly. In the heat of competition sometimes people are judged incorrectly. Cam Newton is always a nice guy but yesterday after the Super Bowl his interview was not good. Racing is a serious business to people like the Richards fans are in it for entertainment or a hobby. When you take your job serious compared to people that don't take their job serious there is usually a different aditude. Kevin Rumley takes the job serious have you seen him in the pit area or read any of his Twitter a lot like Belichick.
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 02-08-2016 at 03:19 PM.

In my "prior life" I was a huge sprint car fan. A driver that I used to root against all the time was Fred Rahmer. Could not stand the guy..... won too much, way to aggressive on the track etc. So I take my family camping in Ocean City, MD during the middle of the week in the middle of July. We get a late start and it was pitch dark by the time we get to the campground. As I am backing my trailer into the spot, a guy across the way helps me back in. After getting all set up, my son says "Dad, I think that was Fred Rahmer who helped you". Well sure enough, the next morning I realize it was indeed Fast Freddie. He had taken his family in his motorhome for a little mini midweek vacation. Talked with him for almost two hours, almost nothing about racing, just life, his family etc.. When he left later that day he told me to look him up in the pits the following week at Grandview Speedway. He not only remembered me but took me in his hauler and gave me and my entire family ( 5 of us ) free racing t shirts.... Needless to say I have been a fan ever since. Now ten years later every time I see him at the races, he always says hi and we talk for a few minutes.......Funny how a chance meeting changed my prospective of a driver I despised.

It all started with C.J. Rayburn let's not forget that.

BTE I know exactly how you feel. I wasnt a fan of Rahmer for the same reasons. Met him at Dennys after 2nd night of the world finals and he was as nice as could be, even stopped us passing by the next day at the track just to say hey

That being said ive disliked Richards for a few years now. Just for the fact that out of the 4 races i attended where he either won or finished 2nd, he drove over or through half the field and took out anyone who passed him (cleanly) for the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by jlacey View Post
    That being said ive disliked Richards for a few years now. Just for the fact that out of the 4 races i attended where he either won or finished 2nd, he drove over or through half the field and took out anyone who passed him (cleanly) for the lead.
    So you were at Screven and friendship last year?

Both very nice tracks.

Was at Friendship but only saw a highlight video from Screven. It all started with him back in either 2012 or 13 at Winchester when he pulled the same move that he did on Roberts at Screven

Friendship was nice aside from the dust. Trying to hit Screven for the 1st time this weekend before i head to Volusia

Was anyone a fan of Dale Earnhardt hear? I loved watching Dale cause he did WHATEVER it took to win. He didnt care if he wrecked you, Beat on you, or run you off the track. Dale didn't want finish 2nd and neither does Richards. That's why I am a fan he Drives harder than anyone else. I know he pushes the issue sometimes but that's what I like. The WANT to win.

As tight as friendship is other than turn 1-2 you about have to move people out of your way there

Friendship was nice aside from the dust. Trying to hit Screven for the 1st time this weekend before i head to Volusia
    You will enjoy the racing at screven.......

Quote Originally Posted by Kwoods25 View Post
    As tight as friendship is other than turn 1-2 you about have to move people out of your way there
    Most people don't do it down the straightaway though......especially by hooking you in the rear at the highest speed section on the track coming down the back straightaway.