Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Favorite Drivers

Who is your favorite driver(s) and why do you root for them? Thinking about it, I guess I root for three drivers on the national scene. Josh Richards (my in laws live close to the Rocket shop, and I had a chance to meet him there). TMac (loved him from his dirt modified days and his Dad, Barefoot Bob, was one of my favorites growing up) and Rick Eckert (he is the closest national driver who lives near me.....need a PA driver to root for).

I have a tendency to root for the guys who came from big block modifieds because I grew up watching big blocks. It's kinda sad that McCreadie is really the only one left on the national scene.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Josh, that is my background as well. Did you see Tim Fuller won at Volusia the other night in the big block modifieds?

Mike Marlar. Live pretty close to him, great bunch of people on his team including Mike himself, and a hell of a driver.

Also pull for Randy Weaver as he's a local guy as well as Madden simply because not many folks around this area seem to like him, and I love watching them get mad when he wins in East Tennessee.

Michael Chilton and Dustin Linville are a couple more I pull for when I get up into Kentucky. Had the chance to talk to Chilton on a few occasions and he's a good ole boy.
    Last edited by LMPunk; 02-20-2016 at 10:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    Josh, that is my background as well. Did you see Tim Fuller won at Volusia the other night in the big block modifieds?
    Yep. It's good to see. His return to mods last year was less than stellar. It's good to see him back to being competitive. I'd much prefer to see him back in a late model though.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

On a national level its Scott Bloomquist. One of, if not the best ever. Plus he always keeps things interesting. On a regional level, gotta go with Dustin Linville. If anyone has ever meet or talked to him at the track, you know why. A down to earth guy, who takes time for his fans.

Nationally - Davenport, I liked him way before his dominance last year. Loved how he always ran so hard.

Around my area I tend to root for Derek Doll, Jared and Jacob Hawkins.

Bloomquist--Feger--- Chris Simpson

Local ) Tyler Bruening--Jason Rauen-- Nic Marloff

I have to say Davenport, i have been a fan of his for several years . Brandon Overton & Casey Roberts are my other favorites & locally Jimmy Sharpe. Gotta support all these Ga Drivers

Ive liked Jimmy O since he drove street stock also Bloomquist as much negativity he gets hes an ok guy and of course cant leave out Ronnie Johnson man can drive anything and win lol plus Buck Simmons (r.i.p) Locally they dnt have slm unless its a series (which is sad ) but back in the day it was Scott Sexton(r.i.p) he kicked a$$
    Last edited by dirtdobber45; 02-20-2016 at 12:20 PM.

T-MAC from dirt mods in central ny. His dad BAREFOOT along w LOU LAZARRO were my favorites so il always b a mccreadie fan.

SUPERMAN started watching him down here in the carolinas and really liked his style. I have friends that are close to him also. But most of all hes just that

DAM GOOD!

There are a few others I like but those are the main 2.

BTE GOOD THREAD HERE AND INTERESTING TO SEE WHO LIKES WHO.

Easy answer Shannon Babb!!!

Shannon Babb, Brandon Sheppard, Brian Shirley, Jason Feger, Bobby Pierce, Frank Hackenast, Dennis Erb

I'm gonna go out on a limb but my guess kid rock is from Illinois!

Quote Originally Posted by SBR18 View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb but my guess kid rock is from Illinois!
    And that sir would be a good guess lol

Could you imagine if all those guys showed up at your weekly show. What a show that would be and the place would be packed

they did years ago

Billy moyer,shannon babb, and my 3rd he had to get out of DLMR Randy (king kong) korte

EPJ.....I was an original crew member in the early years. He always takes time for his fans!
    Bloomer.....Used to hate him for winning everything. Simply the best ever and I love his one-liners and excuses!
    Richards.....didn't care for him in his early years, wrecking everyone. It all changed when I crew chiefed a Rocket and spent several days with him and his dad at BRP a couple years ago. Their willingness to help was immeasurable. The lies that are told about them are NOT true! Josh is a great wheelman and spokesman for their business.

You couldn't be more correct about the Rocket group. When we ran their chassis Mark was probably the best help I ever received to this day. The guy gets a bad wrap and I don't know why.