Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Late models indoor in St. Louis

I remember the last BIG LM indoor show at Pontiac Silverdome. The promoter ran off with the money. I guess it was BIG only in advertising and talk.

I wonder how long this thread will last.

But yeah Danny Lasoski supposedly didn't pay out that year they ran Kemper in Kansas City, but I don't think there was any money to run off with.

Until 4m pulls it for posting anything negative about it. They already pulled numerous negative post. Makes you wonder.

Is this the same guy that put on the carolina crown at Lancaster speedway in south Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by maddenfan View Post
    Is this the same guy that put on the carolina crown at Lancaster speedway in south Carolina
    Yep.... Still owes at least 11k.... That I KNOW of.

Quote Originally Posted by JinxNC View Post
    Yep.... Still owes at least 11k.... That I KNOW of.
    That dude looks awful young! Where does he get his money to put on these events?

The guy who ran the indoor races a few years back in Grand Rapids MI on the track that they put coke syrup down on took off with the money. One guy we know was out about 8 grand in winnings if I remember right

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I wonder how long this thread will last.

But yeah Danny Lasoski supposedly didn't pay out that year they ran Kemper in Kansas City, but I don't think there was any money to run off with.
    Danny Lasoski was not involved in the financial end of that deal. The promoter used his name to help draw a crowd.

What are we thinking for attendance? I think they said it holds 67,000. What does the world 100 get 15-20k? I'd think if the place is 1/5 full it would be surprising.

If this is true why would any of us pay our money to go???

We've been burned twice now on indoor shows that were horrible. The last one we were burned with was at Indy late last year and obviously a fiasco of Biblical proportions.

We will take no interest in this latest manifestation of indoor racing. Indoor racing has it's place and shows like Ft. Wayne, Du Quoin and The Chili Bowl are wildly successful and prove it can be done and provide top notch racing in the process. But for every Du Quoin and Chili Bowl there is a Silver Dome, Kemper Arena and Indy.

If it works in 2016 we'll be there in 2017.

I'll envision it as a I told u so moment when it's all done and they r all bitchin about it on 4m.

If youre not there in 2016, there WONT be a 2017
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

Stick to announcing. Not a promoters mouthpiece.

Quote Originally Posted by Umpdirt1 View Post
    ChrissNunn is entitled to his opinion as you are. Chriss is right!!! So just incase it fails, at least the people that are attending can say we attended. Your Debbie Downer posts will not be changing anybody's mind. We already get the picture your not going. But your NOT everybody. You live I guess somewhat close? But with your screen name your cutting down the very rules that they will be running. So in hind site you have managed to cut down ALL involved in this race including yourself. JMHO

Quote Originally Posted by Umpdirt1 View Post
    Stick to trolling.

You seem to forget there is a very reputable promoter also involved in this, I guarantee all money will be paid out and accordingly.
    Chris Nunn
    812-320-7435
    transitionaddress@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    We've been burned twice now on indoor shows that were horrible. The last one we were burned with was at Indy late last year and obviously a fiasco of Biblical proportions.We will take no interest in this latest manifestation of indoor racing. Indoor racing has it's place and shows like Ft. Wayne, Du Quoin and The Chili Bowl are wildly successful and prove it can be done and provide top notch racing in the process. But for every Du Quoin and Chili Bowl there is a Silver Dome, Kemper Arena and Indy.If it works in 2016 we'll be there in 2017.
    hey CIRF trust me when I say this this will not be an INDY Fiasco and will make Duqouin look like a go cart track , I have been there for super cross and monster jam nd it should be problem the only question I have is the consessions , would kinda geuss that INDY would be a like racing on a basketball court
    Last edited by old fan; 02-25-2016 at 06:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisNunn View Post
    Stick to trolling. You seem to forget there is a very reputable promoter also involved in this, I guarantee all money will be paid out and accordingly.
    Who are the promoters?

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    hey CIRF trust me when I say this this will not be an INDY Fiasco and will make Duqouin look like a go cart track , I have been there for super cross and monster jam nd it should be problem the only question I have is the consessions , would kinda geuss that INDY would be a like racing on a basketball court
    Like I said in the other post before it got deleted. Monster jam and sx will not compare to this at all, other than it being on dirt. The fumes is the only thing that has me worried. I've been to the EJD for sx and it got fumey everytime they had a full gate of bikes for practice or race. Monster trucks don't run along enough to create the fumes as bikes, and cars will produce much more fumes than bikes do. I attend indy every year for the sx, but there they can open the ends of the stadium and clear it out pretty quick. To my knowledge EJD doesn't have that.

Didn't they have to stop the indy deal because of fumes? I understand it's a smaller venue, and wasn't made for motorsporting events, someone didn't think part through very well.

I will be there by the looks of things, I'm not hating at all, its my only concern. The track will be fine, and they'll get cars no problem.

Kevin Gundaker is reportedly assisting with the event (Tri-City Speedway, not far away). I trust his reputation. As a fan, my concern still is the fumes. I've been to the Monster Trucks at Indy (Lucas Oil Stadium), an awesome event...no issues with fumes. Also at the old Rosemont Horizon (now the All-State Arena in Rosemont, IL) they have large fans/vents in the roof that clear the place out quick, along with the heat (you'll see your breath for a bit). But in my backyard at the NIU Convocation Center (too small for Monster Trucks by the way), they don't have an adequate ventilation system and it gets pretty fumy (is that even a word?). As a racer, my concern is pitting. Because I'm "not" one of the guys you'll see on the poster, am I going to have to pit at a parking garage down the street? Been there, done that as the little guy.