Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

I was in Vegas Thursday, we raced as support for the WOO Sprints, It is absolutely astounding the number of people you see walking and starring at their phones.... It is amazing.. I too check mine every hour or so, but I don't stare at it constantly as I walk through the pits...Just amazing...

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Huh?! Litey, is that you?! Bbbbbwwwwwaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahaha!!

No answer huh....LOL Politically your OK, but when it comes to racing, if you can't cut and paste ya don't know beans....

Wishing the best for NASCAR.......the last two races been snoozers though.......hope it's not a sigh of the rest of the season.....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by mudslinger47 View Post
    No answer huh....LOL Politically your OK, but when it comes to racing, if you can't cut and paste ya don't know beans....
    It's litey jr. again. LOL!! The difficulty comes into play when it's impossible to decipher what the he!! you're talking about.

What is this cut and paste?

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Wishing the best for NASCAR.......the last two races been snoozers though.......hope it's not a sigh of the rest of the season.....
    Bbqb, I used to wish NASCAR could turn the corner and maybe learn from their mistakes. At some point we realized they keep doubling down on what isn't working and probably will never work to bring the fans and good racing back to big time stock car racing. Since they resist learning from their mistakes whatever happens to them now they brought on themselves and it appears they will never again be the very proud and respected sanction. At this point, fine by me.

However, I must admit that it is saddening to watch the gradual implosion of the last decade or so after having discovered and followed NASCAR & USAC stock car racing from the age of 8 years.

I watched USAC stock car racing do a relatively slow and painful descension to irrelevance because of mismanagement, apathy and money. I don't believe NASCAR will match the fate of USAC stock cars but they get less relevant every day.

Personally, I thought it was a pretty good race, remember, its paved... they don't get super exciting anyways...LOL

Personally, I thought it was a pretty good race, remember, its paved... they don't get super exciting anyways...LOL
    It was a good race. Listen neither does dirt racing sometimes I've seen plenty of cho cho train races. Heck the race at Clarksville Firday night was a pretty boring race.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    It was a good race. Listen neither does dirt racing sometimes I've seen plenty of cho cho train races. Heck the race at Clarksville Firday night was a pretty boring race.
    I saw about the best DLM race you could ask for in Bakersfield Ca last Sat nite... The guy that won it started on the poll... but it was a he!! of a race for him to stay there!!! We broke a lift arm and took out everything behind the driver.... except the fuel cell (lucky) J bar, four shocks, all the mounts, quick change rear end.... as they say, that's racing.... all the parts were right one year old...

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    It's litey jr. again. LOL!! The difficulty comes into play when it's impossible to decipher what the he!! you're talking about. What is this cut and paste? Bbqb, I used to wish NASCAR could turn the corner and maybe learn from their mistakes. At some point we realized they keep doubling down on what isn't working and probably will never work to bring the fans and good racing back to big time stock car racing. Since they resist learning from their mistakes whatever happens to them now they brought on themselves and it appears they will never again be the very proud and respected sanction. At this point, fine by me. However, I must admit that it is saddening to watch the gradual implosion of the last decade or so after having discovered and followed NASCAR & USAC stock car racing from the age of 8 years. I watched USAC stock car racing do a relatively slow and painful descension to irrelevance because of mismanagement, apathy and money. I don't believe NASCAR will match the fate of USAC stock cars but they get less relevant every day.
    This is why I enjoy to peruse your posts. You have been a railbird for so long and so you have seen the decline in the sport as we once knew it when it was in its prime of greatness. I would surmise that some that tend to disagree with your insight are perhaps a " Johnny come lately" fan that has nurtured thierself in the era where the decline had already set in and therefore they might think the current trend is the norm ?

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    This is why I enjoy to peruse your posts. You have been a railbird for so long and so you have seen the decline in the sport as we once knew it when it was in its prime of greatness. I would surmise that some that tend to disagree with your insight are perhaps a " Johnny come lately" fan that has nurtured thierself in the era where the decline had already set in and therefore they might think the current trend is the norm ?
    I don't know about anyone else, but I have been watching NASCAR since Wide World of Sports just showed snippets of the race... long enough for ya? I have never said the NASCAR is as strong or as popular as it once was, but then neither is the local race tracks... I remember never seeing less then a packed houe at my local track, but as times change and evolve so do amusements.... racing has to share its stage, so racing has to put on an event, not a race....if its going to compete for that fun time dollar... fuddy duddy's like CIRF are those who just can't stand change.... I find it odd that he isn't writing letters in to 4M, rather then using a computer... LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Raceready, my Dad didn't care a whit about stick and ball sports. His chosen career depended partially on his mechanical aptitude and ability to keep things going when they stopped working as they were intended. Thus his attraction to racing. Watching guys put together something that would be the fastest and last long enough to win the prize. Through his interest is where my interest in racing was conceived and, except for a short time while in high school and college (after having discovered beer and ladies), I nurtured that interest according to disposable income available.

For some years after college I was more than a railbird having crewed on a multiple time dirt late model championship operation. Given my profession the summer months were a very busy time so that was only for a half dozen years in the early to mid 1980's. Since then we've been nothing but a proud bleacher jockey! LOL!

After that stint of 6 years in the shop and pits, racing has been our passion beyond our business. Luckily my Wife was also from a racing family and takes an interest in racing to this day, albeit not to the extent I do.

As far as the johnny come lately perception, I would lean towards your summation. But, in our ol' buddy muddy's instance there seems to be no explanation for him getting so far out in left field.
    I don't know about anyone else, but I have been watching NASCAR since Wide World of Sports just showed snippets of the race... long enough for ya? I have never said the NASCAR is as strong or as popular as it once was, but then neither is the local race tracks... I remember never seeing less then a packed houe at my local track, but as times change and evolve so do amusements.... racing has to share its stage, so racing has to put on an event, not a race....if its going to compete for that fun time dollar... fuddy duddy's like CIRF are those who just can't stand change.... I find it odd that he isn't writing letters in to 4M, rather then using a computer... LOL
    Fuddy duddy?!! I am deeply hurt!! LOL!

Change is a wonderful thing. We've had to continually change our way of doing things and the way we do business from the very start in my chosen profession. I am no stranger to change and am willing to welcome it with open arms.

However, when change merely for the sake of change becomes more of a regression as opposed to a progression then change isn't good and should be reversed. Change for the sake of pacification of people who are not going to stick with you after the new wears off is also detrimental.

I dare say I've likely experienced more change and evolution since starting our career than most.
    Last edited by CIRF; 03-09-2016 at 10:44 AM.

I am glad Nascar has started that means short track racing is around the corner , a week and a half to be correct
    Last edited by old fan; 03-08-2016 at 09:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    I am glad Nascar has started that means sort track racing is around the corner , a week and a half to be correct
    Give them time and they will ruin all of that action as well. 20 minute breaks, gum wrapper cautions, green white restarts and all of that.. After all look what they did to Bristol which used to be sold out for the next year and tickets were so hard to come by that people would leave season tickets to the next of kin in their wills [as Green Bay Packers fans are still doing]. Now you can read various swap sheets and bargain rags that have ads with the holders hoping to unload them!
    Last edited by Raceready; 03-08-2016 at 09:02 PM.

I am not talking about nascrap

Sorry! You must be going to a dirt track to view some real no B.S. racing.

that would be correct hopefully some real bull ring racing 1/5 mile with inside walls