Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

There was talks of a switch at the end of last season. After buying another new car over the winter and getting the same results, I don't blame them for swtiching.

We can all sit here and say they won't get as much feedback from the longhorn guys, they may not need it.

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    its kinda like what my preacher said one time. "never say never, but you'll never read about me running away with another man". Since i was born and raised in the south, i'll never pick blackberries in jan.! Lol
    i never said anything about running away w another man but i see whats on your mind.

I didnt say i was going.

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    club 29 borrowing that longhorn from richards before they send it back to moyers.
    Pretty good SS.......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

After about mid-week at Eastbay, lets just say, there was discussions about a switch!

I hate it for Stuckey, but well funded teams like Dunn Benson expect to be in the front!

With that being said, why would anyone switch to 2nd best? I don't believe they will get much help from Rumley/Davenport!
    I hope they get as much help as madden,weaver,Roberts and the rest of them........should be plenty enough for Earl to show some marked improvement.

stuckey/lanigan will have to copy some ether car

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    The club 29/BD is a little more fledgling than longhorn. Give it time and it will run up front again. Every dog has its day. Next year it will be something else.
    By what....2 years?

First longhorn went from a thought and to the track in 2010........and even then only had a couple cars and were selling virtually none until 2013, say what you want but the chassis brands I mention as fledgling are just that compared to their much more established counterpart brands like rocket,MB,bloomers,ETC.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    I hope they get as much help as madden,weaver,Roberts and the rest of them........should be plenty enough for Earl to show some marked improvement.
    I'm sure there will be some improvement, but I don't see him competing for the championship. My motto is you cant beat them if you are using the same equipment. I believe he would have got more help from Rocket. They obviously have a better piece right now!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

I'm sure there will be some improvement, but I don't see him competing for the championship. My motto is you cant beat them if you are using the same equipment. I believe he would have got more help from Rocket. They obviously have a better piece right now!
    Its only March 8.........it's really not that obvious yet.

I may be wrong also, but I don think I've seen any space X podium sweeps this year...I believe there have been three of those said sweeps by the Bulls so far in 2016.

Again, I could be mistaken.

Its only March 8.........it's really not that obvious yet.

I may be wrong also, but I don think I've seen any space X podium sweeps this year...I believe there have been three of those said sweeps by the Bulls so far in 2016.

Again, I could be mistaken.
    yeah....but Im a stats guy. He got beat 8 out of 12 times, head to head. I don't think you will find where that happened last year. It would be nice to see Josh,JD, and Bloomer race each other for the Lucas trophy, but we know that aint happenin!

I think Rumley/Davenport rattled the wrong dogs cages! They forced them to work too hard, and now the Horns are behind a little!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

By what....2 years?

First longhorn went from a thought and to the track in 2010........and even then only had a couple cars and were selling virtually none until 2013, say what you want but the chassis brands I mention as fledgling are just that compared to their much more established counterpart brands like rocket,MB,bloomers,ETC.
    I agree with your point as it concerns rocket, bloomer, etc., but BD is still more fledgling than Longhorn. Every chassis brand hits on something and becomes the flavor of the month for a while. Then it moves on to someone else. That's why I cheer for drivers, not chassis brands.

I don't have anything against EPJ, but I don't think switching to Longhorn is going to make him an automatic contender any more than staying with the Stuckey stuff. He kind of reminds me of Chub Frank in that respect.

I believe he would have got more help from Rocket. They obviously have a better piece right now!
    IF you as much as what you think you know about Dunn-Benson operation, you would know that rocket is last on their of chassis to own. Also IF they were soooo much better, why didn't McIntosh clean house at the ultimate race over the weekend? This nothing to do with Ownby being in a longhorn either. Donald is a good young talent, from what you say here it should've been an easy victory for the him.

Are the rockets better than last year?.....yes. Let's check back in a couple months and see if they're winning everywhere they go and at every level like rocket used to be. Cuz right now they aren't setting the world on fire to me.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 03-09-2016 at 03:22 AM.

every dog has its day

Anybody can win in any kind of chassis if its set up right. Sometimes you cant rely on what the builder says, you just got to get seat time and figure it out on your own. Besides the 'house cars' who else has been winning this year? Yea Madden dominated at Cherokee but look at who he raced against ( no offense to those drivers)

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    club 29 borrowing that longhorn from richards before they send it back to moyers.
    That was a good one SS lol

yeah....but Im a stats guy. He got beat 8 out of 12 times, head to head. I don't think you will find where that happened last year. It would be nice to see Josh,JD, and Bloomer race each other for the Lucas trophy, but we know that aint happenin!

I think Rumley/Davenport rattled the wrong dogs cages! They forced them to work too hard, and now the Horns are behind a little!
    If anything, I would say the cars are just about equal ( I mean they are almost virtually the same piece now a days) and Josh may just be a little better driver ........or at least he was in Florida and Georgia.

We will see how the rest of the year stacks up......

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I agree with your point as it concerns rocket, bloomer, etc., but BD is still more fledgling than Longhorn. Every chassis brand hits on something and becomes the flavor of the month for a while. Then it moves on to someone else. That's why I cheer for drivers, not chassis brands.

I don't have anything against EPJ, but I don't think switching to Longhorn is going to make him an automatic contender any more than staying with the Stuckey stuff. He kind of reminds me of Chub Frank in that respect.
    Clearly see your point.......

I think Rumley smartly sold some tech and Bowyer's rattled cage meant rule changes. That is all.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

[QUOTE=zyoung25;1991948]IF you as much as what you think you know about Dunn-Benson operation, you would know that rocket is last on their of chassis to own.

Not even CLOSE to the truth....and that's straight from the horse's mouth!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Can't wait to get to a race he is at and PARTY. Good peeps to us.

Not even CLOSE to the truth....and that's straight from the horse's mouth!
    and you also said they were getting a rocket, shows how much truth you know.