Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

No where else to put hot pits would be my guess. Yeah I too always wondered if that was a safety concern. North/South the infield is loaded.

I think if it was just 2-3 crew guys and a fourwheeler full of tires it wouldn't be a problem. But you see entire families that have nothing to do with any of the teams walking across the track to go stand over there for no other reason than maybe they think it makes them look important or something? I bet if you took them out of the infield it would cut the number of people by two thirds.

Track prep was better than the dune buggy track at the Spring 50, that kinda track tears cars up ! Dry slick, if your off on set up, is just a slow grinder. I wish they would of watered before the heats, that would of nailed it, but i wont criticize Josh and Co, he runs one of the best programs across the Midwest.

Just say no...

They really seemed to be cautious with track prep. All in all great nite for racing, they sure were slow during the heat races. Feature's made up for the heats....... Just wish they (LM) would have got to work traffic, seemed just bout the time they get into traffic, yellow flag..... Congrat's to Devin Moran!!

I read to interesting things in the drivers survey on DOD ..... The North/South race made the top 8 favorite events of the drivers ......Florence was also picked #7 of track picked to race every week .....
    Retired - Snowbird ... Living the Dream

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    I read to interesting things in the drivers survey on DOD ..... The North/South race made the top 8 favorite events of the drivers ......Florence was also picked #7 of track picked to race every week .....
    I would expect the N/S100 to rank there on longevity and purse alone. Of course, there has been crying over the format recently...
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1
    Eldora - 2

I just looked over that Driver survey, interesting. I would of thought Tennessee or Ky would be up there on the top States list. Anyways, some of the results were interesting.

#7 weekly track, not bad.

#8 for the North / South, i would of thought that would be higher, but like MB said, some whining...

Just say no...

Whats the typical tire bill for a $5k to win 50 lap race ? Do the teams start off on new tires or wait till the feature race to bolt on new ? Can they run the tires again ? Do they sell them ? Just curious to know what the typical exspense is to go to a race at a chance to win 5 k ..... Does that change when they race for 1500 ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Hubbard View Post
    Whats the typical tire bill for a $5k to win 50 lap race ? Do the teams start off on new tires or wait till the feature race to bolt on new ? Can they run the tires again ? Do they sell them ? Just curious to know what the typical exspense is to go to a race at a chance to win 5 k ..... Does that change when they race for 1500 ?
    That all depends on your budget. Gently used tires can be sold or reused.

There are teams that will bolt 4 new tires on every time the car hits the track from hotlaps to feature. Others, with less resources, will change them when a compound change is needed or wear dictates.

I tried to keep track of how many tires a certain local used on Friday night of the Fall 50 last year. I think it was 12-14. Now, how much each tire costs a team depends on what kind of a Hoosier deal they have or who their friends are. Full retail is around $170 ea.
    Last edited by MasterSbilt_Racer; 03-31-2016 at 05:04 AM.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1
    Eldora - 2

Man ....That was an interesting nite .....LOL

ok. I'll ask. I guess they ran, and that is a surprise with the cold and the wind. so, besides that, what made it an interesting night?

It looked to me that there were more cars in the pits than ppl in the stands ....

The racing looked like a fly with it's wings pulled off.