Thread: 2day shows

Default 2day shows

I agree with most all the posts (in the Illini thread) about the 2day show formats. I really like the idea of having a smaller show on night 1 then the bigger show on night 2. The one 2 day show I really don't understand is the qualifying only on first night. It appears that the Jackson 100 @ Brownstown is still going to use this format but running complete crate show. The one positive about this is that people that hate qualifying can skip it and still not miss a race.
    Scott Kleindorfer

I'm a bit of an odd duck I reckon, but to me qualifying is one of the most exciting parts of the weekend (single car that is, group qualifying I couldn't care less about). I like the single car because you get a chance to focus on just one car for a full two laps, watch the driver, see how the car reacts, hear the engine hit. I don't know, I just enjoy it.

I prefer any 2+ day shows to have features each night, but I'll still go even if they don't.

I like the two day shows that qualify and run heats first night then have consi(s) and A main the next. Ecspecially if they have a bunch of support classes

Quote Originally Posted by mskdorf View Post
    It appears that the Jackson 100 @ Brownstown is still going to use this format but running complete crate show. The one positive about this is that people that hate qualifying can skip it and still not miss a race.
    They'll never get my money with this format.

I like it when they actually run the first day instead of pushing it back

As a driver and car owner, If it's a two day show I prefer two complete shows. Two sets of pit passes, two heat cycles on parts, two days of wear and work, I like having two pay days.

I will never again go for qualifying and heats on Friday and then B-Mains and feature on Saturday. This is a rip off considering the cost to get in doesn't change much for the two days. Now if they only qualify on Friday I'm in for Saturday only. Let's the track run other classes on Friday and make a few extra bucks and then turn the track over for heat racing on Saturday. Brownstown needs less laps on it to produce better racing for the fans. Therefore I don't mind the Jackson format.
    Last edited by In The Gas; 04-04-2016 at 06:09 PM.

I have said it before I will say it again I hate qualfying if your that good you could race your way to the front in 10 lap heats. I also don't agree (sure I will get heat for saying this) with re draw why bust your @$$ to win and bang your equipment up just to draw backwards?

Here's the thing a lot of the drivers want 1 day full show to be honest that is the way I prefer it to

Gman, I will never understand the WOO redraw. I can MAYBE see heat winners only but not the top 2 from each heat??? I kind of miss the dash for the heat winners, its makes more sense than a redraw. Also don't like them calling a race a "100" when they split the hundred laps between the 2 nights. If they don't run the Icebreaker this weekend, I hope they don't split the Jackson into smaller pieces in September.
    Scott Kleindorfer

Quote Originally Posted by zach51 View Post
    I'm a bit of an odd duck I reckon, but to me qualifying is one of the most exciting parts of the weekend (single car that is, group qualifying I couldn't care less about). I like the single car because you get a chance to focus on just one car for a full two laps, watch the driver, see how the car reacts, hear the engine hit. I don't know, I just enjoy it.

I prefer any 2+ day shows to have features each night, but I'll still go even if they don't.
    Personally, I would almost rather watch paint dry than watch time trials. With that being said, I don't consider you to be an odd duck ("different stokes for different folks").

Thankfully for me, most of the series around my area (MARS, MLRA, Deery Brothers) use passing point systems or draw/redraw formats. The cream still rises to the top, but they actually have to pass cars to EARN their stripes.

The Lucas "dash" for the four fast qualifiers is a joke. Drivers don't bust their butt (or their equipt.) in a 4-car race. Pretty much the same for heat races, lined up by qualifying speed. Minimal passing.

It appears that the Jackson 100 @ Brownstown is still going to use this format but running complete crate show. The one positive about this is that people that hate qualifying can skip it and still not miss a race.
    Looks like they changed it to a one day show for Saturday.

Two day shows where it isn't a complete program on both nights, stink. I'll go to three day shows like Knoxville, it each day is a complete program. The pay out at both nights is a plus for the racer. Two nights and one pay out took something from the racer. The ability to make a paycheck that first night.

Lucas site still shows Sept 23rd and 24th for Jackson. Quals only on Friday. Icebreaker was always 1 day.
    Scott Kleindorfer

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Two day shows where it isn't a complete program on both nights, stink. I'll go to three day shows like Knoxville, it each day is a complete program. The pay out at both nights is a plus for the racer. Two nights and one pay out took something from the racer. The ability to make a paycheck that first night.
    Knoxville is a format that racers must dig, because the Firecracker and Eldora's biggies went to very similar formats.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Bubstr View Post
    Exactly. When the Illini and PDC went to 2 complete shows, it started attracting more guys like Marlar, JD and a few others that probably wouldn't haul that far for a single payday.

I know the fans must like it. Their seems to be a lot more out of State plates as well.
    8/13/16

Lucas site still shows Sept 23rd and 24th for Jackson. Quals only on Friday. Icebreaker was always 1 day.
    The Jackson 100 could could be a one day event, just as the Icebreaker is. Just charge an extra five admission for the Jackson. The way they have been doing it for years now by running Friday night, always ruins the track surface for Saturday night.

I hate paying 30 bucks for 1/2 of a show then spend 40 to watch the other half the next night

I agree with that Mr Wetter. I think this new promoter, Jim Price, is doing a better job than Keithley did on track prep.
    Scott Kleindorfer