Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default southern ohio speedway

I seen they had a pretty bad wreck in the late model division. Driver Charlie Floyd somehow overturned his car and, and it trapped him in the car, then it caught fire. There is a video but I'm not going to post the link, cuz it looks awful, I watched about 10 secs of it and seen all i needed to see. Charlie was careflighted, and the races were cancelled for the evening. I wasn't there but I seen the news via facebook.

Hopefully all that were involved will be okay.
    Last edited by zyoung25; 04-15-2016 at 11:41 PM.

Prayers to all involved!

Same way couldn't sit and watch the video it was horrifying. Prayers for the family and everyone involved.

Im his GF's cousin. last i heard he was conscious and breathing on his own with 80% burns. very sad

prayers to the Floyd family.
    jackie boggs....the last true outlaw
    anyone but lanigan
    Swartz - we don't build race cars fast, we build fast race cars

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    Im his GF's cousin. last i heard he was conscious and breathing on his own with 80% burns. very sad
    Very sad, sorry to hear. 80% is dam bad. Hopefully he can recover and have some normalcy.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by SFrancisFan15 View Post
    Same way couldn't sit and watch the video it was horrifying. Prayers for the family and everyone involved.
    After what PRP said, I will not watch it. Definitely just horrible.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Thouts and prayers to Charlie and family

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    After what PRP said, I will not watch it. Definitely just horrible.

thank you. Its very ironic the fact that last year or the year before Charlie stated on Facebook he wouldn't be running SOS anymore due to their response time after another car burned there. I can't remember who it was that it happened to. Last i heard directly its not looking good

Quote Originally Posted by 71PRPFan View Post
    thank you. Its very ironic the fact that last year or the year before Charlie stated on Facebook he wouldn't be running SOS anymore due to their response time after another car burned there. I can't remember who it was that it happened to. Last i heard directly its not looking good
    Welcome. Really terrible man, burning in a dam race car and not being able to get out, awful.

Any updates on Charlie's condition????
    Smith & Wesson.....the orginal point and click interface.

he's still hanging on at Cabell Huntington. no word on actual condition other than he's still alive

Hopefully the video was taken down out of respect for Charlie, his family, and his fans...

Prayers to charlie and his family.

Prayers to everyone involved. With that being said, I hope if one positive comes out of this, it is that teams and series take a more serious look at a facility, and their ability to handle a situation like that. The car laid there burning for quite a while, with track personnel pretty much unable to get anywhere near the car as I did not see even one individual in full fire gear. Just allot of people running back and forth in what looked like nothing more than desperation and panic. It had to be a horrible ordeal for them as well. Maybe the video doesn't tell the whole story...but it laid there burning for quite a while before it got anywhere near under control.

Quote Originally Posted by heinen81 View Post
    Prayers to everyone involved. With that being said, I hope if one positive comes out of this, it is that teams and series take a more serious look at a facility, and their ability to handle a situation like that. The car laid there burning for quite a while, with track personnel pretty much unable to get anywhere near the car as I did not see even one individual in full fire gear. Just allot of people running back and forth in what looked like nothing more than desperation and panic. It had to be a horrible ordeal for them as well. Maybe the video doesn't tell the whole story...but it laid there burning for quite a while before it got anywhere near under control.

every track needs to ensure safety first. i agree they weren't prepared. but it was better than having no one. I wasn't there myself but the video tells the tale

Praying for this young man and family.

My heart aches for this driver and his family and friends.This track did have a fire department present. Some tracks don't even have that. Most tracks rely on local volunteer fire departments. It's hard to know who is ready for a gasoline inferno until it actually happens. Things like this make you never want to attend this sport again.

thats about all you can say. they had one there but, they have got to be prepared..

guys its not looking good. I'm sorry