Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Let's take out all the negatively of Rick Thomas first, with that being said let's look at racing as a whole... if you have ever raced and found out the cost involved you would understand that anyone that races wants to race in a class that is affordable to them. I wish I had been like Rick and raced as long as he has and continued racing. But it's a numbers game, if you can race within your budget forever you as well as I would do it in a heartbeat. I have tried mods and late models and could not do it , so maybe a driver like Rick has figured out the cost and his budget and made the best of it like anyone should. It's not even close to moving up in a class to make ends meet the same. IMO, Rick has done what he has done within his budget and continues to do so with his means of living. Anyone can have a pocketful of money for a period of time . But it takes more than that to move up and continue your same lifestyle. Each of the classes are not cheap by any means . Just my 2 cents

Rick Thomas is just plain fun to watch. I have watched him race for many years and it is no secret why he is closing in on the record, he runs every lap like it is the last. He is a competitor that is worth the price of admission and still celebrates each win like it was his first! The sport needs more guys like Rick Thomas in every class.

Congrats man. Don't EVER listen to the douchebags of 4m. I know you they know everything but they're still a bunch of f^ck wads. Do what you want. If everyone listen to every naysayer there'd be no successful people. Good job and way to go. F 4m!!! F you all!

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    Congrats man. Don't EVER listen to the douchebags of 4m. I know you they know everything but they're still a bunch of f^ck wads. Do what you want. If everyone listen to every naysayer there'd be no successful people. Good job and way to go. F 4m!!! F you all!
    Don't you really mean just a couple guys at most because most of the comments on here were in favor of Rick or had nothing to do with Rick.

I know one thing when Rick came down to Lincoln Speedway he was going to be a threat to win each and every time. Guys knew they were going to have to step it up a notch.

I watched some dam good street stock races with Rick and sometimes Joel there. Yes sometimes Rick would win and sometimes someone else would win but, as competitors we was glad he was there.
    Last edited by kidrock; 05-25-2016 at 07:50 AM.

Yep race within your means