Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Nascar-Gimmicks

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    The racing was good on Saturday. I enjoyed it. As far as the messed up formats, I just laughed. This is only for fan entertainment, anyway. I was entertained. At least Nascar came out and admitted they messed up. I will take this show over the past several all star events any day.
    The best of the all-star races were known as The Winston. A driver had to have won a points race within a designated time period prior to The Winstion to be eligible. No preliminary race that allowed for someone like Larson, who hasn't won a points race yet, to be included and no fan voting. They drew for starting positions, lined em' and raced. Then they went to 3 segments and it's been downhill ever since.

They've done the same thing with what used to be The Busch Clash which started out as a race exclusively for the previous season's pole winners. When arnhead went a season without getting a pole they made all past winners of The Busch Clash eligible and, like The Winston, it's steadily gone downhill ever since.

Anyone see a pattern?

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    Yes I did not worth it, you do know at Dover they still had almost 4 million viewers right so, quite a few people are still intreseted in Nascar. Yes not near the number it once was but, we can't we say the same about indy cars.
    Yes sir, you sure as he!! can regarding the Indy Car race this coming Sunday! Be sure and take a good look at the grandstands and infield Sunday. Number 1 you won't see an empty seat (unlike at Cup races), and number 2 you might see me and my wife among the 300,000 that will be in attendance! LOL!

And it's a safe bet that the TV ratings will be substantially higher than the Dover Cup race.

Quote Originally Posted by CIRF View Post
    Yes sir, you sure as he!! can regarding the Indy Car race this coming Sunday! Be sure and take a good look at the grandstands and infield Sunday. Number 1 you won't see an empty seat (unlike at Cup races), and number 2 you might see me and my wife among the 300,000 that will be in attendance! LOL!

And it's a safe bet that the TV ratings will be substantially higher than the Dover Cup race.

what about the rest of the year?

All-Star TV ratings 1.7% down 19% from last year lowest TV rating of the season so far.

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    All-Star TV ratings 1.7% down 19% from last year lowest TV rating of the season so far.
    Not good thats for sure but, really this race has become pretty boring to watch the last few years.
    make the racing better and some fans will come back. Lets face it Nascar will never be what it once was but, Indy cars went down this road and still hasnt recovered. At least it looks the Indy 500 is starting to rebound and why because the race the last 3 years has been better plus it's the 100th year
    Last edited by kidrock; 05-24-2016 at 03:16 PM.

what about the rest of the year?
    Since Indy Car quit racing at chitcagoland I don't attend any other Indy Car race besides Indianapolis. We only make an appoint to watch Phoenix, Texas, Pocono and especially Iowa. We're about 4 hours from Iowa Speedway and we've seriously contemplated going there for the Indy Car weekend but I have the potential to be occupied with business given the race weekend is July 9th & 10th. The Indy Cars draw a good crowd at Iowa. Not saying it's sold out but it's pretty much full. I have a buddy who has a daughter that loves the Indy Cars and he takes his family out to Iowa every year and he claims it's a great weekend. Hope to find out for myself one of these years.

The road courses hold no interest for us whatsoever.

It's undeniable, at least to anyone with half a brain, that Indianapolis is the crown jewel of all North American racing and pretty much the envy of the racing world regarding crowd size and exposure.
    Last edited by CIRF; 05-24-2016 at 05:14 PM.

Since Indy Car quit racing at chitcagoland I don't attend any other Indy Car race besides Indianapolis. We only make an appoint to watch Phoenix, Texas, Pocono and especially Iowa. We're about 4 hours from Iowa Speedway and we've seriously contemplated going there for the Indy Car weekend but I have the potential to be occupied with business given the race weekend is July 9th & 10th. The Indy Cars draw a good crowd at Iowa. Not saying it's sold out but it's pretty much full. I have a buddy who has a daughter that loves the Indy Cars and he takes his family out to Iowa every year and he claims it's a great weekend. Hope to find out for myself one of these years.

The road courses hold no interest for us whatsoever.

It's undeniable, at least to anyone with half a brain, that Indianapolis is the crown jewel of all North American racing and pretty much the envy of the racing world regarding crowd size and exposure.
    I agree about the Indy 500 and for me it's the start of the race.

I dont like their street course racing in the least bit but, their ovals can be very exciting.

Not good thats for sure but, really this race has become pretty boring to watch the last few years.make the racing better and some fans will come back. Lets face it Nascar will never be what it once was but, Indy cars went down this road and still hasnt recovered. At least it looks the Indy 500 is starting to rebound and why because the race the last 3 years has been better plus it's the 100th year
    what do they expect racing on sat night I am at a short track on Saturday night

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    what do they expect racing on sat night i am at a short track on saturday night

thank you lity, heard they are handing out cookies might want to get one lol

sorry no cookies for me gotta get dirt in my hair on a sat night

sorry no cookies for me gotta get dirt in my hair on a sat night
    no really the were handing out cookies.

We've got a two night DLM show this weekend... guess where I'll be...

no really the were handing out cookies.
    really don't care a couple brats a couple cold ones and dirt on my shirt is what I need

Yes sir, you sure as he!! can regarding the Indy Car race this coming Sunday! Be sure and take a good look at the grandstands and infield Sunday. Number 1 you won't see an empty seat (unlike at Cup races), and number 2 you might see me and my wife among the 300,000 that will be in attendance! LOL! And it's a safe bet that the TV ratings will be substantially higher than the Dover Cup race.
    Here we are at a point where the greatest spectacle in racing is sold out and needing more seats while the Gimmick series is taking buku bleacher sections out and selling them. The rest of the seats that the taxi cab boys have left are being painted a myriad of different colors to look from a camera far away that there is more people at the track than is really there. Track employees are given tickets for free to give all of their friends and family to sit in some of them. IDEA !!! Send those empty seats to Indianapolis, THEY CAN FILL THEM !!!!! No trickery racing involved ! No yellow flags in the race for a dime laying on the track so that the field can be realigned until who they want in front gets there.

who cares short tracks are the only way

Quote Originally Posted by Raceready View Post
    Here we are at a point where the greatest spectacle in racing is sold out and needing more seats while the Gimmick series is taking buku bleacher sections out and selling them. The rest of the seats that the taxi cab boys have left are being painted a myriad of different colors to look from a camera far away that there is more people at the track than is really there. Track employees are given tickets for free to give all of their friends and family to sit in some of them. IDEA !!! Send those empty seats to Indianapolis, THEY CAN FILL THEM !!!!! No trickery racing involved ! No yellow flags in the race for a dime laying on the track so that the field can be realigned until who they want in front gets there.
    Yes the indy 500 is once again revelant and that's a good thing. I would think if Indy needs more seats they could go to the their other races on the schedule and get seats from there because, there are plenty of empty seats. Indy car racing is by no means in any better shape then Nascar as a matter of fact there in worst shape. Tv rating are even lower then Nascar so, that's not saying much. One race eailer in the year only had like 300,000 viewers. where Nascar on the same weekend had almost 3 million. now Remember no gimmicks in indy cars and still cant draw a decent amount of fans other then the indy 500. indy car is on the rise but, still behind NASCAR .

Sorry but, I filled in the the stuff you left out.

https://beyondtheflag.com/2016/04/27...orsports-park/
    http://autoweek.com/article/indycar/...g-find-viewershttps://beyondtheflag.com/2016/04/06...al-four-night/
    https://beyondtheflag.com/2016/03/18...gs-still-rise/
    Last edited by kidrock; 05-25-2016 at 09:31 PM.

CART does not exist

CART does not exist

ok I fixed it for you