Default Rome or duck river

Thinking of going to one of these races. I've been to duck river but never to rome. Distance doesn't matter just looking for a good race. Any ideas of car counts for either race.

Rome is many people's favorite track. A fast full half mile, lots of seating and trackside parking. Dixie and Rome are great because the support divisions are large and good. No one else races on Sunday, so the car count is good at Rome. RC had 42 supers at Boyds Fri., and will probably have more than that at Rome. Rome's fireworks are usually good too.

Duck's got better racing, but you'll get out of Rome earlier and it'll have a quality field.

Definitely Rome. It will be a great atmosphere and a packed house.

Boyd's had 46 Rome will probably get mid thirties. Rome is just better, and I generally like Duck River. I'm sure they'll have a good field at the Duck, but it would be an easy decision if I were making it.

Both have very good racing....I tend to like Rome a little better.

Duck River.....I've been to alot of tracks and by far the best races I've seen is at Duck River....went to the WOO race there this year and it was done by 10.....and remember car counts are good but only 24 can start...and at Duck River the winner could come from mid pack..it's that racie...
    Last edited by #56Gentryfan; 05-28-2016 at 05:22 PM.

Getting ready to head to rome tonight. Hopefully a good field of cars and some great racing. I try to get to a new track every year.

Quote Originally Posted by jr1216 View Post
    Getting ready to head to rome tonight. Hopefully a good field of cars and some great racing. I try to get to a new track every year.
    Definitely gonna have a good field. Hope you have a good time!

All tracks going run long sometime,12:30a an i'm still here at Rome can't be helped sometimes.

Dixie 30 cars $4m to win. Rome 27 cars $6m to win. Neither track is attracting car counts like they used to.

Quote Originally Posted by STRONGERTHANDIRT View Post
    Dixie 30 cars $4m to win. Rome 27 cars $6m to win. Neither track is attracting car counts like they used to.
    I didn't get to go but I bet the fans were at Rome last night even though the late model count was down. I heard support classes had good car counts

Quote Originally Posted by #56Gentryfan View Post
    Duck River.....I've been to alot of tracks and by far the best races I've seen is at Duck River....went to the WOO race there this year and it was done by 10.....and remember car counts are good but only 24 can start...and at Duck River the winner could come from mid pack..it's that racie...
    You have a point only 24 can start .....but at what time will they FINALLY START? No actual racing till nearly 11:00 pm.
    How can anyone actually say go to a track that insist on qualifying event class.....and not run a single heat race. Just features is that what you call racing??????
    Guess I'll just save my time ans money and go to a facility that uses common sense. Sorry but there isn't a good excuse to keep the fans waiting for over 3 hours before the first race is run.

Rome announced "biggest crowd ever" - they must be doing something right, altho I'd say it wasn't the best racing I've ever seen.