Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter Davenport View Post
    The reason the car count at Tri-City went from 30 cars to 9 is lack of tech from the track or UMP. I'm not bashing either one, but that is the facts! When one car dominates the field week in and week out without tech in a spec type class, the others will find another class to run.....And a Crate will not be competitive against Supers at FALS, maybe make the show, but it will not be competitive.Glad to see the Crate car counts growing in Central & Northern Illinois, it's helping save places like Macon & Lincoln.
    Crates showed up 2 weeks ago at fals guess what a couple beatimes some of the fals regulars. Not the back running cars either. We are talking Jay Morris and Steve Thorstein normally top 5 cars week in and week out at fals.

It would be interesting to see what the cost of a competitive crate late would cost today? From motor, bolt on's, chassis new or used, tires, shocks and ect.
    Last edited by kidrock; 05-30-2016 at 02:49 PM.

great article

Anyone know if there going to make up this race?

I Don't understand why crates aren't more popular. They're a whole lot less expensive and not too much slower than the super lates.

When the tracks in our area are slicked up, crates are sometimes faster than the supers are... or at least dead even. The only time there is a huge difference is when the tracks are really hooked up. Crates seem to be getting more popular in the East TN area with the steelhead (limited) car numbers going down.

Quote Originally Posted by smooth32 View Post
    I Don't understand why crates aren't more popular. They're a whole lot less expensive and not too much slower than the super lates.
    Their times at Fairbury this last Saturday was equal to the Mods at Fairbury which I believe was about one second slower then the supers.

Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    When the tracks in our area are slicked up, crates are sometimes faster than the supers are... or at least dead even. The only time there is a huge difference is when the tracks are really hooked up. Crates seem to be getting more popular in the East TN area with the steelhead (limited) car numbers going down.
    I know of only 2 tracks in our area where a crate would have a chance at fairbury they could be competitive

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    I know of only 2 tracks in our area where a crate would have a chance at fairbury they could be competitive
    lity, I'm not sure what you mean by competitive but, if were talking from 10th on back proabaly but, if were talking about contending for the win no way not in Fairbury where the track stay's pretty tacky all night.

what size is fairbury a 1/4 mile correct there has been drivers in southern ILL win with a crate against supers on a 1/4 mile or smaller track one those tracks is Highland which is a lot like fairbury in being tacky oddly enough at tracks like Tri city or I55 it can be tacky or dryslick and the crate doesn't hav e a chance it would be the size and shape of the track not track conditions
    Last edited by old fan; 06-01-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    lity, I'm not sure what you mean by competitive but, if were talking from 10th on back proabaly but, if were talking about contending for the win no way not in Fairbury where the track stay's pretty tacky all night.
    I agree there are sportsmans with over 650hp there that at times need more motor!

is it motor or is it set up

is it motor or is it set up
    I don't think anyone can dispute that a set up can help you but, a true crate motor and we're not talking about some of these crate motors that are not really a true crate motor that came from GM but, have been altered will not be able to compete against guys like Weaver, Bull, Spatola, Wenger, Feger, Unzicker not a track like Fairbury that stays tacky
    All night. I just don't see it.

trust me I 've seen it the cr has to set up a lot looser

trust me I 've seen it the cr has to set up a lot looser
    Ok where was it and who was it and against who? and where talking about a 602 or 604 crate and where talking about being competitive for the win
    Last edited by kidrock; 06-01-2016 at 10:32 PM.

Crates sound like a good idea, but the money saved on engines is cut from the pay out, so the bottom line changes very little. What I would worry about, is too many small classes. Six of these and 10 of those does not make a good show.

kidrock read post 31, exactly Bubster

kidrock read post 31, exactly Bubster
    Ok who was it?

bobby dauderman