Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy
    Not saying you don't have this or do this already, but he also has an incredibly tenacious support staff around him that are a big help on and off the track I'm sure.

Chris is an extremely marketable guy, very level headed and can drive the crap out of a race car......that's a rare combination these days.

Sponsors notice that.
    Yeah, my support staff basically includes myself, my dad and my mom lol. But that's ok... I know and understand that kind of stuff comes with time and I'm still relatively new to late model racing.

It's good to see a guy like Chris doing what he does to give hope to guys like me that would like to get there someday.

Also you would be surprised that when you start winning and running up front on the woolms and Lucas how much cheaper parts and pieces becomes available to you. This includes cars.

I hear that wrecked Longhorn ,that was sold or given to Chris's uncle Doug Sanders ,ended up being repaired @ Barry Wrights shop & Longhorn was not to happy about that.

Funny thing Jimmy Owens seems to be running better now lol.

Probably be a 3rd copy now. The BWXR2

Quote Originally Posted by PushinTheLimit View Post
    Yeah, my support staff basically includes myself, my dad and my mom lol. But that's ok... I know and understand that kind of stuff comes with time and I'm still relatively new to late model racing.

It's good to see a guy like Chris doing what he does to give hope to guys like me that would like to get there someday.
    Chris was you ten years ago......keep diggin.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by toyracer View Post
    I hear that wrecked Longhorn ,that was sold or given to Chris's uncle Doug Sanders ,ended up being repaired @ Barry Wrights shop & Longhorn was not to happy about that.

Funny thing Jimmy Owens seems to be running better now lol.

Probably be a 3rd copy now. The BWXR2
    Imitation is the best form of flattery....
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Imitation is the best form of flattery....
    And sometimes a faster way to success! lol
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Why was nobody complaining so much when Club 29 copied Rocket? Or when Rayburn, Barry Wright, etc, etc were copied in the past? Hell I'm pretty sure the Orange front rocket is widely considered to be Bloomquist Copy/Very Similar. Yet nobody complained about that. I guess whatever Longhorn found was the most important thing ever and all of these other things that were copied in the past don't matter. They may have copied some stuff, but one thing is for sure, they certainly improved on it and at some point Longhorn will copy that improvement and so on and so on.

Adam, of Adam and Eve fame, built the first tube frame late model. Everything since has been a copy, in the purest sense of the word. Tweeks, modifications, etc. do not constitute any sort of new design or redesign of what was first put on a dirt track by Bad Apple Racing.

Quote Originally Posted by W2Racing09 View Post
    Why was nobody complaining so much when Club 29 copied Rocket?
    Only thing copied off of rocket on these cars are the center section. I don't know where you were......everyone was complaining, and they were all wrong. I hope this part is sarcasm.

The rest I can't anwser for.

From what I've heard everything on a club car was the same as rocket except the RF. Apparently lanigan's RF had 2-3 more inches of travel in it than the rocket.

Everything goes in phases. Remember when carrying the left front wheel was the "in" thing?

Agreed. IMO there isn't enough of an edge for one chassis or another to prevent a good driver from winning. How a car is setup and tire choices make more of a difference. I'm not saying that one chassis brand or another can't come up with something that gives them a bit of an edge for a short period of time, but based on the stats I have compiled the driver and crew choices are the biggest influence on results.

A lil of subject but...why didnt he run last nite when hes leading the Ultimate series points?

Chris dad works and only have so much time off and he's taking off of work for eldora next week.

As far as which chassis is best the argument could and will go on forever.The best way I ever heard it put in perspective was with a group of travel ball players arguing over which bat was best,and the coach wisely said ''most of the time it's not the arrow getting the job done,it's the indian''.With racing sometimes there is more than 1 indian such as the crew chief.McDowell still runs very good in a Warrior and they are never mentioned by anyone anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by nuff said View Post
    As far as which chassis is best the argument could and will go on forever.The best way I ever heard it put in perspective was with a group of travel ball players arguing over which bat was best,and the coach wisely said ''most of the time it's not the arrow getting the job done,it's the indian''.With racing sometimes there is more than 1 indian such as the crew chief.McDowell still runs very good in a Warrior and they are never mentioned by anyone anymore.
    If had to guess though, I'd say McDowell isn't running your standard Warrior. Just as Bloomer wasn't when he was in one.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.