That's an interesting article. IMO any video of a race uploaded live from a phone is gonna be crap. No fan that wants to watch the event is going to think that is adequate coverage. I think it does the promoters/track owners more good than harm, since as the article said it might get the handful of people that see it excited about it and maybe they'll join their friend at the track the next time.

That said, if the promoters/track owners want to screw themselves out of free promotion and ask you not to do live video, the fans should respect their request. That's just common courtesy.

Track here does live video feed every week of the event for free

As for as free promotion wouldn't highlights do the same thing besides some nights you may not want to show the whole night

That article is a lot less effective coming from a company that makes money off of live broadcasts. I can't shake the feeling that the intent of this article is to stop people from using periscope to lower Speed51's profit margin. I've seen a lot of people live broadcasting lately, and I've yet to see a track make a statement condemning the action.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

this might shed some light also http://tax.nv.gov/FAQs/Live_Entertai...FAQ%E2%80%99s/ how many times have you been to any event and they said no cameras or recording devices heck it has happened at schools also