Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Nats

Default Summer Nats

Surprised Shannon Babb is not going for the title this year. I expected him to be at Cedar Lake and he was a no show. I thought the racing was pretty good and but I was also disappointed the car counts was low but I did expect it because the way things are going.

My take is, they need to do something major and make it more fun again. Drivers are not going to keep going to these if they don't. There was 45 USMTS mods there and they put on a great show and I think it was a better show because of it. I like seeing Darrell Nelson coming down from Duluth and racing with his Wissota spec motor and getting 8th the second night. He also races late models too but his motor was not big enough for the summer nats.

My point I am trying to make here, shorten the series and up the winnings. Do it like you used to do it. 25,000 to win a point standings is not a lot of money for 29 nights of races. Next year make the change (Dirtcar group) for real this time!

You see the tire rule??? lol

Shannon has not ran that well this year also as far as the point there is 2 point funds going on at the same time but carry on
    Last edited by old fan; 06-20-2016 at 05:37 AM.

Watched Wimot on DOD. The quality of the SN is suffering greatly. A few good racers is all.

location location location

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    You see the tire rule??? lol
    The only ones that seem to have a problem with it are the uneducated fans. Carry on.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    The only ones that seem to have a problem with it are the uneducated fans. Carry on.
    i havent heard anyone complain about it...its not like their making them run a totally different tire.

Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    i havent heard anyone complain about it...its not like their making them run a totally different tire.
    Uhhhh, Angie Pierce complained about it on FB.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    And 1) the Ohio tracks and 2) non tire cheaters!

Summer nationals is more about the local racers. That is what you had last night at Wilmot. I love it. You will have some big hitters come on this week. B Shepp,Erb,Babb will be back. Each week is a separate points battle but the tour will come down to Feger and Pierce and maybe Marler.

Marler running the whole deal?
    Race tracker-- RAIN and COLD "killing me smalls"

The tire deal is one thing and I know about that. If the dirtcar group don't get their heads out of their you know what they will get only 10 cars at some places. Believe me nobody wants to see 10 cars!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by rc24 View Post
    Marler running the whole deal?
    I think he isn't committed to all. Day by day kind of deal. Just a few guys will probably try them all.

Quote Originally Posted by zooker25 View Post
    Summer nationals is more about the local racers. That is what you had last night at Wilmot. I love it. You will have some big hitters come on this week. B Shepp,Erb,Babb will be back. Each week is a separate points battle but the tour will come down to Feger and Pierce and maybe Marler.
    I agree. Brian Shirley will be hitting a few shows as well.
    8/13/16

What was Is Gone.That is is Hope.. I think next year you see less tracks cause some can not get the cars they use too.. I see 3 to 4 less races or 2 or 3 new tracks....Maybe time too spreed it out more....

After last night's race I'd say the only 2 running full schedule are Pierce and Feger.

Well they can certainly get rid of the single file restarts if they want a few more cars. What a Joke!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bullring View Post
    After last night's race I'd say the only 2 running full schedule are Pierce and Feger.
    Looks like with the weekly points fund, it's not a big deal to run them all. I know it's not set in stone with Jason. Just depends on how things play out. I'm thinkin a guy could miss a race or 2 and still challenge for the points fund, maybe Babb or Unzicker. Stranger things have happened and we're only 5 races in.
    8/13/16

I think Unzicker was planning on the whole tour, but Dirt on Dirt said that he had problems with his hauler at Cedar Lake