Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: Dqed from dream

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Why is it hard to believe? because it's been said ad nauseum how all of these guys cheat.....woo and Lucas would both be encompassed in " all"

And no, you don't need to name every driver they have caught........but when you say they have no problem catching guys all the time( your own words), I just figured you could come up with more than the controversial 5 ( which include bloomquist in case ya missed it) they just dqd, and the other two you mentioned.

Maybe they all cheated.......maybe the guys doing the collection and testing have an agenda too, especially when it comes to the dominant series drivers coming in and kicking their butts at the jewels on a pretty regular basis.

I don't have the absolute best answer, but the entire process needs overhauling and rethought out.

It just doesn't pass the sniff test for transparency.........I wish I was the only person that thought so.

Yeah, I am aware Bloomquist was caught. The reason I said he was a REPEAT offender. When you said I mentioned 7 guys, I was adding that Bloomquist had been caught before so the number of times they have caught people was higher than 7.

I don't have the best answer either. Part of me thinks that open tire is the best way to go and another part of me thinks it is not. I'm not sure what the correct answer is. However, the DLM world needs to figure out something. Lucas and WoO are going to have to get together and you and I will have to agree to disagree.

Maybe someone can answer this?
    When they take samples from these tires do they just pick a random spot on the tire to take it or do they take multiple samples from various spots on the tire?

ClampedUp, they take 3 to 4 different samples for the tire around the tire. They don't just take it from 1 spot. Take a grooving iron and cut a groove out that's about an 1" to 1.5"s long.

Yes Buckeye, Landers got dq'd for his stunt. And to top it off he got his arm caught in the steering wheel and it broke his wrist. Either yesterday or maybe tueday he was to have surgery for it. Kinda shocked that nothing has been said about that either.

How long has this chemical been around or been used in dirt racing? We're they using it back in the Boggs, Moran Freddy Smith days?

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    How long has this chemical been around or been used in dirt racing? We're they using it back in the Boggs, Moran Freddy Smith days?
    Probably not the same chemical, but there were people doping tires back then too.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

Quote Originally Posted by waaac77 View Post
    People have been juicing their tires since the first auto race on pneumatic tires. It's only been the last 15 years or so that anybody actually gave a s*it about it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Creosote was the choice chemical when it was easily acquired. Or ATF mixed with solvents. It has always been around. Dennis Lambert's product made it big in the mid 2000s. Best smelling stuff ever!

Numerous national championships were won with his product. Then he went to work for a well known team(s). There others too. Funny story is Dennis told a kart shop owner that he charged 4 times as much to the LM guys and they were waiting in line. He sold it by the drum instead of gallons to the kart racers.

There is no way to stop racers from pushing the envelope. Stretching or breaking the rules is part of it unfortunately. I do believe the tests are not 100% accurate because of foreign substances ran over while on track or chemicals added to track or water when watering track.

Years ago a popular story is that a sniffer was used on the late models at a big race I believe at Dixie. The sportsman class hot lapped before the late models and the cars passed the sniffer before hot laps. The sportsman class did not have a tire rule and most guys admitted to creosote on their tires. After hot laps the majority of the LMs failed the sniffer test after hot lapping after the sportsmen. Again this is a story that has been passed down around here for years.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Yeah, I am aware Bloomquist was caught. The reason I said he was a REPEAT offender. When you said I mentioned 7 guys, I was adding that Bloomquist had been caught before so the number of times they have caught people was higher than 7.

I don't have the best answer either. Part of me thinks that open tire is the best way to go and another part of me thinks it is not. I'm not sure what the correct answer is. However, the DLM world needs to figure out something. Lucas and WoO are going to have to get together and you and I will have to agree to disagree.
    Totally good with that..........everybody doesn't agree with everybody, glad we can have a respectful conversation about it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by bb14 View Post
    Funny story is Dennis told a kart shop owner that he charged 4 times as much to the LM guys and they were waiting in line. He sold it by the drum instead of gallons to the kart racers.
    I would think so. You ever notice the size difference between a go kart tire and a LM tire???

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Totally good with that..........everybody doesn't agree with everybody, glad we can have a respectful conversation about it.
    Agree, no need for people to get upset and call each other names when they disagree on something. Have a good day.

Sniffer is a waste of money. It will not detect the guys with the good stuff. The Dixie story sounds a little far fetched to me also. These big names are doing it and have been for a long time. Always trying to stay ahead of the testing. I just don't understand the people on here that can't believe it's going on and that drivers/crews would take the risk. It's racing and the price to play is very high and alot of them will take the chance over and over especially when the series will just warn you/slap your hand and not make it public knowledge. Then a few mess up and get caught away from home. I just can't remember Lucas Or Outlaws ever making it PUBLIC knowledge they caught one of their own. I could be wrong tho. JMO

Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye SLM View Post
    anyone looked at Lucas uses a lab OTHER than Blue Ridge labs, which leads to there not being issues on the lucas tour? look at who was tested Thursday and Friday night in both A features and who was thrown out from the tire tests. now look who left on that list: 2016 dream winner, 2015 dream winner, hof driver entering dream for last time, young gun and fan favorite, & woo regular. only leaves landers, but can't find whether or not he got dqd from his spinout at the end.
    So send the samples off to two different " independent " labs...........next time Mr Sam rolls over to gather some samples, the lucas or non woo car owner should carve out his own samples from the same spot and send them off to another independent lab.... for comparison....just to remove anybody from the woodpile that shouldn't be there.

And see what the results say.........they should say the exact same thing, right?

Does anybody know what blue ridge did prior to getting hired by the woo folks for their lab work?.......were they successful and in business for a long time or did their success just spawn off this cottage industry of testing race tires?

People can scream independent lab all they want too, but when you are getting paid a lot of money every week , then I think the " independency" towards the person or entity paying you and partially responsible for your success wains a little.

I'm not trusting of the whole process .......on both sides of the aisle.

so i really don't think shep and satterlee did anything to intentionally cheat realize i might be only one but know people who hung out w and know teams they say no way

Quote Originally Posted by victorylane View Post
    Sniffer is a waste of money. It will not detect the guys with the good stuff. The Dixie story sounds a little far fetched to me also. These big names are doing it and have been for a long time. Always trying to stay ahead of the testing. I just don't understand the people on here that can't believe it's going on and that drivers/crews would take the risk. It's racing and the price to play is very high and alot of them will take the chance over and over especially when the series will just warn you/slap your hand and not make it public knowledge. Then a few mess up and get caught away from home. I just can't remember Lucas Or Outlaws ever making it PUBLIC knowledge they caught one of their own. I could be wrong tho. JMO
    I don't believe your wrong at all..............but then again, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    so i really don't think shep and satterlee did anything to intentionally cheat realize i might be only one but know people who hung out w and know teams they say no way
    No how........

nobody outside of these teams knows what they are doing. Driver, Crew Chief and Tire guy are probably only ones who know what's really going on. I don't care how close somebody thinks they are to a certain team.

A team we run against at most all the regional races around here just got nailed. They appealed it. A second sample was sent and it came back hot also. NEVER thought they would ever try it. Just because you know someone very well and even be best friends with someone, still don't mean they won't cheat.

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    A team we run against at most all the regional races around here just got nailed. They appealed it. A second sample was sent and it came back hot also. NEVER thought they would ever try it. Just because you know someone very well and even be best friends with someone, still don't mean they won't cheat.
    Love and money will cause the most honest to be dishonest.......

Quote Originally Posted by slmcrewchief99 View Post
    ClampedUp, they take 3 to 4 different samples for the tire around the tire. They don't just take it from 1 spot. Take a grooving iron and cut a groove out that's about an 1" to 1.5"s long.
    After reading some various articles on the interweb it seems there are various levels of testing that can be done based on how much money they want to spend on the test.
    This info was obtained by a driver who gave an interview who was accused of doctoring his tires by use of a "sniffer" and by the sounds of it he used Blue Ridge Labs out of North Carolina to send his own samples for testing and the driver said he paid for the more expensive test as it was more conclusive than the lower cost test. His independent test came back 100% clean.
    He stated in the interview that he found a sheriffs deputy at the track and obtained an evidence bag from him and the deputy witnessed him removing a large chunk of the tire and sealed the bag in front of him so everything was done correctly.
    I have a feeling this latest deal from WRG/WoO/UMP is going to open up a legal firestorm with some of the teams involved that have the means to take the series to task.