Default Eshelman and Spoonriver

Spoonriver really wouldn't let Rick announce the summer nationals?

What? He's the best in the business!

I'm a little confused because, I heard Eshelman on the DoD video. Are you talking about on the PA at the track?

I agree Champion he is one of the best.

These "professional" announcers don't work for free. Perhaps Rick requires too much pay. I've heard figures in the past and wondered why they would pay someone that amount to sit there and talk; especially with a PA system where he can't be heard.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    These "professional" announcers don't work for free. Perhaps Rick requires too much pay. I've heard figures in the past and wondered why they would pay someone that amount to sit there and talk; especially with a PA system where he can't be heard.
    As always, excellent perspective jog........especially with the " on a pa you can't hear him on anyway"...........Rick sounds awesome on a telecast, but to your point.

When the race is going, Howard cosell could be announcing and most wouldn't even know it.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Rick will be doing some Nesmith shows when he is not at Swainsboro. He is one of the best in the Biz and no doubt he commands good $$$. I don't work cheap either.

Late Model Mark
    TST Announcer

Quote Originally Posted by Late_Model_Mark View Post
    Rick will be doing some Nesmith shows when he is not at Swainsboro. He is one of the best in the Biz and no doubt he commands good $$$. I don't work cheap either.
    Why the heck would Rick be at Swainsboro? That place is terrible. They run supers maybe twice a year at the most, and even then they're only 5K to win on a locked down one lane track. What would a guy like Rick be doing at a track like Swainsboro?

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    Why the heck would Rick be at Swainsboro? That place is terrible. They run supers maybe twice a year at the most, and even then they're only 5K to win on a locked down one lane track. What would a guy like Rick be doing at a track like Swainsboro?
    They showed him the money I would be my guess.

Two for the PRICE OF ONE!

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    They showed him the money I would be my guess.
    I'm not doubting Mark, but I have to see this with my own eyes. I'm about 30 minutes east of Swainsboro. We go there about once a month. We'd go more often if the product wasn't so bad. I can't see any reason for Rick to be there besides money. Hopefully his deal includes some consulting duties as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryM View Post
    I'm not doubting Mark, but I have to see this with my own eyes. I'm about 30 minutes east of Swainsboro. We go there about once a month. We'd go more often if the product wasn't so bad. I can't see any reason for Rick to be there besides money. Hopefully his deal includes some consulting duties as well.

Yeah I'm not saying it's true or it's not true but, if it is true they must have showed him the money and he accepted

He had a disagreement with their regular announcer, B.J something, can't find it on DoD now, there somewhere. They had an arguement, and he was kicked out of the tower. Said he has never had that happen before. Guessing, the other guy felt his toes were being stepped on, but dunno.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by THE SWAMI View Post
    Two for the PRICE OF ONE!
    Three cars under a blanket!!

chupp, After talking with the promoter, Eshelman came to the track, went to the tower and setup his stuff without talking to anyone from the track. He was told by Sam and the Promoter that he was suppose to assist the track announcer (which is top knotch and which is what the UMP contract says for these events) and Eshelman pickup his stuff and left. I don't believe UMP pays the purse or the track bills so in my small opinion it should be up to the track

Well now there is where I will disagree with you. An announcer is a VERY important member of a touring series. He can give background information on the drivers and the series that many fans WANT to know. They also know the drivers well and take care of their sponsors and what not. And last but not least they make sure that the sponsors and supporters of the series are taken care of. In our contracts we have it written in that the series announcer calls the series activity but the local announcer may join in and work TOGETHER with the series announcer.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbolt27 View Post
    chupp, After talking with the promoter, Eshelman came to the track, went to the tower and setup his stuff without talking to anyone from the track. He was told by Sam and the Promoter that he was suppose to assist the track announcer (which is top knotch and which is what the UMP contract says for these events) and Eshelman pickup his stuff and left. I don't believe UMP pays the purse or the track bills so in my small opinion it should be up to the track

BJ Stone is an arrogant Pr!ck at spoon!! we went there several years ago for a modified special and that guy is just a plain jerk....
    If you can't race it or take it to bed! It ain't worth having!

I noticed Eshelman roaming the pits and wondered why he wasn't announcing. Nothing against Mr.Stone as I couldn't pull it off with the help of a 12 pack but...Rick is heads above pretty much anyone when it comes to announcing. He's picked up quite a few new catch phrases this year that have had me rollin.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Nasty55 View Post
    BJ Stone is an arrogant Pr!ck at spoon!! we went there several years ago for a modified special and that guy is just a plain jerk....
    I never got that impression when I met him. Not sure what went wrong that night but, I will say I was surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    I noticed Eshelman roaming the pits and wondered why he wasn't announcing. Nothing against Mr.Stone as I couldn't pull it off with the help of a 12 pack but...Rick is heads above pretty much anyone when it comes to announcing. He's picked up quite a few new catch phrases this year that have had me rollin.
    I agree and one of the best for sure.