Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Boycott WRG/WOO

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    It seems to me that a good lawyer could argue that once the tire left the factory, it was out of Hoosiers control, and the sample from the factory should be invalid, as they have no way off proving nothing happened to the tires between the factory and being sold to the racer. Without a sample at time of sale, you have a chain of command issue. I base this off years of taking urine tests for my CDL license. I also am not saying they are innocent, just that anything could have happened to that tire before the driver got it.
    Responsibility of the equipment used should fall back on the driver though. Ignorance is not an excuse. If a drivers buys an illegal motor from a builder that they think is legal, the driver is still illegal. The responsibility falls back to the driver to know who you are purchasing equipment from and their reputation IMO.

And everyone, When they sign the entry form, agrees to the rules and procedures. No different than when you get screwed by a wrong judgement call. Racer dont have much recourse.
    What I do as a fan, is not give them any more of my money for a while. Dont make much difference, but I feel better about it.
    I would bet money that they were all treated tires. Some drivers might not have known, some did. But drivers sign the entry form.
    Eldora 8
    Knoxville IA 3
    Lancaster county NC 1
    Cherokee NC 1
    Richmond KY 1
    Midway 1
    Lotsa streaming

Quote Originally Posted by wfo2007 View Post
    Lol, ok. That would have been to obvious. I just think there is more to it than you even know, believe it or not. Tire testing will be done totally different from now on.
    AGREE w this

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    It seems to me that a good lawyer could argue that once the tire left the factory, it was out of Hoosiers control, and the sample from the factory should be invalid, as they have no way off proving nothing happened to the tires between the factory and being sold to the racer. Without a sample at time of sale, you have a chain of command issue. I base this off years of taking urine tests for my CDL license. I also am not saying they are innocent, just that anything could have happened to that tire before the driver got it.
    I've heard somebody say that before........good point.

And yes, a good attorney could make that argument easily.

Question is, have the drivers agreed not to sue because of a stipulation in the entry forms they all sign or because it's not worth biting the hand that's feeding them.
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    Yes. I do think they'd risk it. If you have something that is sworn to be undetectable, he!! yeah you'll try it. Do I think maybe some of the 5 might still be innocent, yeah, but not the biggest two.
    Ok, so you want to believe that Owens and Bloomquist are guilty but you want to give a free pass to Satterlee. Ok, lets give the pass to Greg and blame his crew chief who prepares his cars at his location, not Greg's home. And as a result of that, lets go back and start thinking about all the races Rick Eckert won with that crew chief and then how all the sudden Eckert fell off the map. Not even Bloomquist race cars for Eckert could match the races he won with ease with the exact same crew chief that just got busted. Sure, I will give the pass to Greg and now I am going to question something much, much bigger....

I hope the 5 drivers fan base does not go to world 100 no way woo drivers are all legit, i agree with the first post.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    I agree, the World 100 got a lot less interesting to me. I go every year, this year it will feel different.
    Completely forgot they would be banned from competing at the World 100 too. Ouch. Like I said, it's unfortunate (and wrong IMO) the tracks and race fans have to pay the price as well. I disagree with suspensions of any kind with the exception of certain types of conduct that puts others in serious danger or causes injury.

Hopefully if they go 2nd level appeal, the Director will take that into consideration and they make an ammendment going forward but I doubt it since the rules were already set.
    Last edited by GregA12; 06-29-2016 at 05:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cgrace View Post
    AGREE w this
    Careful........some basement dwellers have already claimed that they haven't seen any changes coming or need for any.........feelings could get hurt.

Somebody's going to boycott? Great; that leaves me a bit more "butt" room in the stands and with them being absent, I won't have to read on 4M in the days following an event how so and so wasn't doctoring tires when the tests proved that they did!

Quote Originally Posted by UMPDream View Post
    Ok, so you want to believe that Owens and Bloomquist are guilty but you want to give a free pass to Satterlee. Ok, lets give the pass to Greg and blame his crew chief who prepares his cars at his location, not Greg's home. And as a result of that, lets go back and start thinking about all the races Rick Eckert won with that crew chief and then how all the sudden Eckert fell off the map. Not even Bloomquist race cars for Eckert could match the races he won with ease with the exact same crew chief that just got busted. Sure, I will give the pass to Greg and now I am going to question something much, much bigger....
    Oh , h ell no ..........I am the only one allowed to find fault in the processes.

I'm the only one to question it and the only one barking about it.

All because one of my favorite drivers got popped ......its the only reasons I'm even bitching.

All of the above statements have been stated by others and verified by the 4 m monarchs in charge of these things.

So back off buster, I'm the only one allowed to feel this way.........how dare you.

Quote Originally Posted by jog49 View Post
    Somebody's going to boycott? Great; that leaves me a bit more "butt" room in the stands and with them being absent, I won't have to read on 4M in the days following an event how so and so wasn't doctoring tires when the tests proved that they did!
    No, but you'll still get to watch a race in its entirety, see the checkered wave,congratulate the guy that crossed first in victory lane, maybe even get to get your picture taken with him and enjoy in the celebration.

And still have to wait two weeks to find out who the winner is.........yep,sounds like a great way to keep everybody interested in dirt track racing.

No changes needed whatsoever.

This is an OUTRAGE !!!!!!#LucasLivesMatter#WoOPrivilege This is not to be takin all that serious.....although I would laugh if Richards goes to I 80 and gets DQed

Quote Originally Posted by KAOS View Post
    This is an OUTRAGE !!!!!!#LucasLivesMatter#WoOPrivilege This is not to be takin all that serious.....although I would laugh if Richards goes to I 80 and gets DQed
    Would be about as believable..........

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Oh , h ell no ..........I am the only one allowed to find fault in the processes.

I'm the only one to question it and the only one barking about it.

All because one of my favorite drivers got popped ......its the only reasons I'm even bitching.

All of the above statements have been stated by others and verified by the 4 m monarchs in charge of these things.

So back off buster, I'm the only one allowed to feel this way.........how dare you.

Do you have a recipe for bbq crow?
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Maybe the can set those fancy tshirt trailers up in the camp ground at eldora
    2018 races: 11
    Atomic (2), 201(5), Eldora(1), Florence (3)

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Do you have a recipe for bbq crow?
    Yes........I use simple green as a marinade to prepare them and then roast them on the rotisserie...wrap with plastic wrap to keep them moist until ready to serve.....pretty tasty actually.

Boycott??? LMAO!!! I've got 9 WRG events on my schedule for the month of July and will be in attendance at all of them. Actually, I hoping that with Bloomer missing, I'll be able to walk right up into the backstretch grandstands at Fairbury on the 29th of July and find a seat.(never happen)

I have to laugh at the folks that think the World 100 can not be a success without Scott and Jimmy. So, does that mean when they retire, the World 100 will fold up and no one will go anymore? I want what you folks are smokin, It must be good.
    8/13/16

Quote Originally Posted by Highside Hustler25 View Post
    Boycott??? LMAO!!! I've got 9 WRG events on my schedule for the month of July and will be in attendance at all of them. Actually, I hoping that with Bloomer missing, I'll be able to walk right up into the backstretch grandstands at Fairbury on the 29th of July and find a seat.(never happen)

I have to laugh at the folks that think the World 100 can not be a success without Scott and Jimmy. So, does that mean when they retire, the World 100 will fold up and no one will go anymore? I want what you folks are smokin, It must be good.
    I'm sorry, I typically don't say anything specific to anyone in general but although Jason is a good racer, I'm sorry, he (or you) are not a Scott or Jimmy. As a matter of fact, I'm sure somewhere in your mind, you desire to beat Scott and Jimmy at Eldora (I do). I dont think anyone on the forum boards will think that Eldora wont be a success but if you think it will be the same without Scott and Jimmy, you are mistaken yourself. The fact that Scott carries a love/hate him among the fans is equivalent to an Earnhardt at Daytona. Has that ever been the same? I guarantee you when the day comes that Bloomquist is not racing, the sport as we know it will NOT be the same. Does he have outside the car issues, Yes. But in the car, No One can match it.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    Yes........I use simple green as a marinade to prepare them and then roast them on the rotisserie...wrap with plastic wrap to keep them moist until ready to serve.....pretty tasty actually.

Nice do you have plenty in stock or do u make it as you need it?
    Also is it for resale or your personal formula?
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by UMPDream View Post
    I'm sorry, I typically don't say anything specific to anyone in general but although Jason is a good racer, I'm sorry, he (or you) are not a Scott or Jimmy. As a matter of fact, I'm sure somewhere in your mind, you desire to beat Scott and Jimmy at Eldora (I do). I dont think anyone on the forum boards will think that Eldora wont be a success but if you think it will be the same without Scott and Jimmy, you are mistaken yourself. The fact that Scott carries a love/hate him among the fans is equivalent to an Earnhardt at Daytona. Has that ever been the same? I guarantee you when the day comes that Bloomquist is not racing, the sport as we know it will NOT be the same. Does he have outside the car issues, Yes. But in the car, No One can match it.
    I agree with a lot of what your saying. I'm not a Bloomquist fan, but I can say He is probably the best to ever wheel a late model. With that said, I still feel the show will go on without him some day.
    When guys like Purvis, Boggs, Moran, and Birky left the sport, did it dry up? Billy Moyer(who's probably as good as Scott) will retire at the end of the year. Will all the Moyer fans stop going to races? I just don't see it happening but that's my opinion. And yes. I also have a @$$hole
    8/13/16