Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just a thoughtb

Then your boy wouldnt be racing as they couldnt afford it. The cost of racing is already killing the sport and that would just kill it faster. This isnt 1982 and 99.9% of the drivers today cant even weld little lone be that innovative. I cant think of a single team that would be able to afford that.
    Quote Originally Posted by pierceFAN View Post
    Why not let the super late models do whatever they want... No rules... Put the rules on the crates and mods...that's for the common folk...let the rich boys run what you brung like in the old days..no rules just the fastest and most inovative won

Quote Originally Posted by oldfart50 View Post
    Then your boy wouldnt be racing as they couldnt afford it. The cost of racing is already killing the sport and that would just kill it faster. This isnt 1982 and 99.9% of the drivers today cant even weld little lone be that innovative. I cant think of a single team that would be able to afford that.
    The house cars (Richards, Pierce, etc...) would have a leg up on everybody else in a truly open scenario, because they are already building their own stuff, and not buying a roller and having to change a bunch of stuff on it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

It's not a whole lot different that what goes on now..what's the huge cost increase??? Chassis will be the same... You can only have so much horsepower so building some extravagant high dollar horsepower motor would be wasted power...what's left?? Tires?? Shocks?? What is it that you all say is gonna cost so much? Just curious...keep in mind...this is just a topic for discussion. Something I've wondered several years ago