Default ULTIMATE Colonial Clash Championship Doubleheader July 2nd & 3rd

The ULTIMATE Super Late Model Series will make the return trip to the Mid-Atlantic region this Independence Weekend for a doubleheader at 2 of the area's finest facilities. Saturday, July 2nd the Series makes its first ever visit to Winchester Speedway in Winchester, Virginia. And on Sunday, July 3rd they move to Potomac Speedway in Mechanicsville, Maryland. Both events pay $5000 to win and are part of the Colonial Clash Championship presented by DirtNation.

The Colonial Clash Championship boasts a $17,000 point fund which includes a $5000 payday for the champion. Dale Hollidge, by virtue of his win in the opening round at Georgetown Speedway, leads the standings headed into the doubleheader. The point fund is set to pay the top 15 drivers who maintain perfect attendance at all 4 events. The finale is set for August 6th at Virginia Motor Speedway in Jamaica, Virginia. The Aaron's USA 100 will pay $20,000 to win in the largest event of the season for the ULTIMATE Series.

Saturday, July 2nd - Red Nininger Memorial - Winchester Speedway - Winchester, VA - $5000 to win / 50 laps.
    Pit Gates open at 3 PM. Drivers meeting at 6.
    Also on the card are Crate Late Models, 4 Cylinders and Enduros.
    Winchester Speedway is located on Bufflick Road in Winchester, Virginia. www.winchestervaspeedway.com
    (301) 481-8855

Sunday, July 3rd - Ernie Jones Memorial - Potomac Speedway - Budds Creek, MD - $5000 to win / 50 laps.
    Pit Gates open at 3 PM. Drivers meeting at 6.
    Also on the card Crate Late Models, Hobby Stocks and U-Cars.
    FIREWORKS SHOW!
    Potomac Speedway is located at 27963 Budds Creek Road in Mechanicsville, MD
    www.potomacspeedway.com
    (301) 481-8855

Dale Hollidge leads the Colonial Clash Championship standings by virtue of his win in the opening round at Delaware's Georgetown Speedway.

Round #2 tomorrow.

Round #3 Sunday.

The Winchester race was a joke. Only 20 cars for $5,000 to win and no heat races. And mysteriously the other thread about this disappeared
    Last edited by Fast Wheels; 09-02-2016 at 01:23 PM.

????????wonder why
    Never bashing. ..was just reporting my thoughts and the reactions of those around me. .. Wow! My first deleted post! Starting to feel like one of the gang now!
    "Life is either a daring adventure or nothing."

"You rarely get positive results from people who do nothing but complain".

I felt the same way. I enjoyed the earlier race at Georgetown, I just thought Ultimate should have brought more than three cars yesterday especially with a $17,000 4 race mini point fun.

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I felt the same way. I enjoyed the earlier race at Georgetown, I just thought Ultimate should have brought more than three cars yesterday especially with a $17,000 4 race mini point fun.
    Three, who were the three. I thought the only Ultimate racers were Collins and Franklin? Wasn't this part of the overall Ultimate Series? Is there really an Ultimate series?

Yeah 20 cars was unbelievable, especially paying that well and being televised. The question I have more than the Ultimate Series itself is, where were the Hagerstown racers? Did they all take off for the weekend? The only one I saw mentioned anywhere was Stuhler and he was at Port Royal. Apparantly he never runs Winchester anymore. No Feathers, Deese, Fitzgerald, Omps, Tavenner, the list goes on and on.

I disagreed about the format, but thought the feature was pretty good. Other than Satterlee, side by side throughout the field, better than freight train racing.

Oh well, the racers have no one to blame but themselves. They all missed a golden opportunity.

Got to agree with you on the racing itself. A little rough at first, but the track was very racy. Probably the best I've seen in my last 3-4 visits there.

Glenn Elliott who is from Maryland and has been following the series all year was the 3rd Ultimate driver.

Covert fast time tonight. 18 supers 20 crates

3 good cars taken out taking the green. Glen Elliott flipped and landed on Rambo and the inside wall. Satterlees out bc of it, Rambos still limping around with a flattened front end

Done.
    Covert
    Hollidge
    Hills
    Moreland
    Arthur

Covert ran away from them. Some pretty hard racing BTW Hills & Arthur. Lots of wrinkled sheet metal & lots of bent suspension tonight