Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I feel Bloomquist will keep enough cars out there to keep them on the map and when he retires he will really start building more chassis, that's just my thought on it.

I always thought shane was a very smart crew chief maybe he needed something to work with

Dale McDowell is always fast, regardless of what chassis/engine he runs. He's extraordinarily smooth and consistent behind the wheel. His brother might be the best crew chief in dirt late model racing.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    I've been wondering for the last year-plus why the Sweet-Bloomquist chassis hasn't taken off on the national scene. This may be the beginning if Dale and Jared continue running up front with Scott. The late model world needs parity on the chassis side. Everyone running to Longhorns, Disco cars, and now Victory isn't good for things.
    There's more parity than ever. And people aren't running to Disco cars anymore, they're running away from them.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

Quote Originally Posted by 70satomic View Post
    I always thought shane was a very smart crew chief maybe he needed something to work with
    Talk about a unbeatable team ,put Shane an Scott working together they'd put all other builders out of business

Lanigan hasn't shown anything since the Show-Me.

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Lanigan hasn't shown anything since the Show-Me.
    That's just fine. No problem with that on this end.

Guys on here were jumping on board after that win and nothing since

Quote Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
    If memory serves, Mcdowell got the Zero in the off season, but didn't debut it till this weekend. He also debuted a new engine package, a Clements. He'd been using ECR power the last several years since he and his brother work for RCR, no idea why the change... The car looked flawless, not a single misplaced tire the whole way. This is a lethal combination.
    He was running a Clements at Volusia back in Feb also. At least it had Clements valve covers on it and not ECR valve covers like the other engines I have seen him run the last few years.

Quote Originally Posted by drano View Post
    I feel Bloomquist will keep enough cars out there to keep them on the map and when he retires he will really start building more chassis, that's just my thought on it.
    This is how I feel too. Scott was at his best a few years ago when he had a few of his old cars out. Once they got to be the hot item was when he kinda seemed to struggle, to Bloomquist standards anyway. Being tied up building and fixing race cars, and then also trying to stay on top of this world isn't the easiest thing to do, and I think he found that out a few years back. I don't see Scott producing this car at the rate he did the old ones for that reason.

Interesting Twitter response from Chris Ferguson on the subject, stating cars aren't exactly for sale to anyone and both Scott and Sweet aren't in it to be selling a volume of cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Tireguy17 View Post
    I've been wondering for the last year-plus why the Sweet-Bloomquist chassis hasn't taken off on the national scene. This may be the beginning if Dale and Jared continue running up front with Scott. The late model world needs parity on the chassis side. Everyone running to Longhorns, Disco cars, and now Victory isn't good for things.
    I could NOT disagree with you more. Parity killed nascar, parity killed iroc. Variety is the spice of life and Spurs development. Keep your parity. I think people who lack creativity push for everyone to be the same, a Millenial trait.
    Last edited by Aces&Eights; 07-11-2016 at 10:59 AM.

It would be fun if nascar opened up the rear suspension rules

One reasons you dont see that many is that Scott doesnt want everybody to have one, it takes an act of the all mighty and alot of cash

He made money several years back on selling his chassis. At one point there was several guys driving a bloomer chassis. Eric Jacobson, Jimmy Owens, Brady Smith, John Blakenship. Just to name a few.
    Last edited by Dirt Racing #1; 07-11-2016 at 11:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
    I could NOT disagree with you more. Parity killed nascar, parity killed iroc. Variety is the spice of life and Spurs development. Keep your parity. I think people who lack creativity push for everyone to be the same, a Millenial trait.
    I don't think parity is the problem. The rules that were meant to create it is. When everything is mandated, it just gets boring. Parity when people are doing their own thing, is good, IMO.
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

I don't blame Scott for not selling to anyone. Good racers with good crew and a good car gets good feed back. Less than hat just eats time and energy, because your giving and not getting anything in return.

You see it all the time, where guys don't buy from someone because they don't get enough help. Could it be that some are bottomless pits of help wanted and have nothing to contribute. Scott cuts this off right at the bud.

Just thinking, I'm led to believe this deal between Dale and Scott was made last year at the Knoxville nationals. Both had to be feeling a little used up by Davenport by that time. I wonder if they would have made the deal today? Scott has been doing well, when he shows up on time and Dale hasn't been doing bad at all. Davenport found some rips in his cape. Well a little bad luck can change the complexion of a season. Come to think of it, a little good luck could make a world beater out of any one of 10 to 15 drivers.

I can see Bloomer selling a lot of the bloomer/sweet chassises once he retires. He will have more time. To be able help out.

When I made the comment that I was surprised there aren't more S-B cars out on the national scene, I didn't mean the number that it used to be with Wells, Owens, Eckert, Smith, Madden, etc. I just figured there would be more than Jared and Scott by now, and like people have suggested, maybe that's what Scott wants.