Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Summer nationals was pretty dusty at fairbury, when I go to a dirt track I do not plan on leaving as clean as I went, the worst I ever was was vcs back when the cra ran there ie late 80s

Quote Originally Posted by golddirt View Post
    Summer nationals was pretty dusty at fairbury, when I go to a dirt track I do not plan on leaving as clean as I went, the worst I ever was was vcs back when the cra ran there ie late 80s
    Sometimes It just happens, But most of the time there it is not....There will be some dust but Race after race is a track thats Broken... Fairbury 1 in 10 at worst has some dust ,.. If you can not see the track Its time too stop they race and rework the track....

Quote Originally Posted by kidrock View Post
    because they were going to fast to put rubber down lol
    Keep showing your smarts there kiddo!!

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    Just seen the video the track never took rubber wth
    There must not have been any moisture in that track at all to not even take rubber!

Question

This is the DLM section, is it not?

Quote Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
    smartest thing said on this whole post!!!!! lol

if you watch the race early on no dust then about half way it turns into dust bowl, he I know take off those dang wings nah that couldn't cause any trouble

Been going to the World every year since 1985, numerous Historical Big Ones, Kings Royals, Dreams, Fall Nationals as well as assorted other individual shows. The dust HAS gotten worse and it's not the lighting. Remember the hoopla over the live Kings Royal's on TNN? Earl put up all the new lights for TV and there was no dust seen. Yeah, there's going to be "fines" kicked up, but not being able to see cars is uncalled for and needs to be fixed.

Hate to say it but my Eldora days could be coming to an end. The seats we have are not bothered by the dust as we're under the roof and down the straights, but why deal with it and not see the cars? Have I ever seen bad track conditions there? Yes and that's expected to happen every now and then, but that shouldn't be the norm.

Will others buy my "prime" seats? Sure, but after 30 years of going and who knows how many dollars spent there, I expect more from the track and should never have to consider not going back. I just don't know what has changed and the biggest question is, why?

Saying, what do you expect it's a dirt track, is such a bogus excuse for this topic.

Anyways, good luck to all racers this coming week and stay cool where needed

Well they say when people stop going it will change .. Most of the people I know say I stopped going when they stop watering the track.. I know i dont go mush now cause I am sick... But If I could and the track is Dusty were you cant see all the time I find a new track.....Or just stop going.. I am Lucky i live close to FarmerCity and Fairbury so Some dust (Even then its not bad) now and then.. But not were you cant see....

--Video makes it look even dustier than it actually is/was.

--That looked like some really good racing.

--Some of you need to consider going to asphalt races (don't want any dirt on you) and/or drag races (only interested in speed).

thats very true

u just never know sometimes walk out of eldora no dust and sometimes u swear u got more dust on you than track has a lot of it which way the wind is blowing,and the line the cars are running.but if u walk down on the track and actually see it before they run it in,after threw the night u second guess yourself did i actually see that.

Fairbury smelled like a barnyard this last Saturday. Do they mix in manure for their secret recipe?

Someone posted somewhere else they weren't going anymore because of the excessive drinking and sea of empty beer cans everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    if you watch the race early on no dust then about half way it turns into dust bowl, he I know take off those dang wings nah that couldn't cause any trouble
    The USAC shows have had plenty of dust as well.

As far as the track taking rubber comment by another poster. Give it another 20 laps and it would have taken rubber and been one lane more than likely....

Fairbury has a large dairy half a mile to the south of the track.

Quote Originally Posted by turnleftandgasit View Post
    Fairbury has a large dairy half a mile to the south of the track.
    Maybe thats were it started about the Poop on the track That makes the track so good....

The track prep was already enough poop, let alone put poop on it!

Quote Originally Posted by Aces&Eights View Post
    Hell that don't matter no more. I see crate crap on super threads all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by fryefan View Post
    --Video makes it look even dustier than it actually is/was.

--That looked like some really good racing.

--Some of you need to consider going to asphalt races (don't want any dirt on you) and/or drag races (only interested in speed).
    Once again....gees.....dirt and dust flying don't bother us. I've loved it for 30 plus years. But if can't see the cars, cause they totally disappear, it's a gripe worth making. The video is basically identical from my top row seat between flag stand and turn one. So do you get that? Do you understand? Do you and you other folks really really really comprehend that? Really? ....Sweet Jesus will I have to explain that yet again later?!!! Ridiculous!
    Last edited by dirt crow; 07-20-2016 at 11:28 AM.