Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

What was the name of the car Bloomquist had with the aero tubing, older Warrior car he built in thier shop i thought. Rumored that he won a over a million with it, over the course of like 10 years. Sounds like a bit much, but probably a pretty good penny thou.

Just say no...

And I wasn't talking about the Warrior, btw.

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    What was the name of the car Bloomquist had with the aero tubing, older Warrior car he built in thier shop i thought. Rumored that he won a over a million with it, over the course of like 10 years. Sounds like a bit much, but probably a pretty good penny thou.
    Airplane.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kromulous View Post
    The 1995 Barry Wright Bloomquist drove won $515,000 in one year...
    https://twitter.com/dsksleepy
    I think the Warrior with the Ob-Round tubing was called, "Black Magic", but I'm not 100% on that.

Same as this one?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by MI Dirt Fan View Post
    Same as this one?
    Yes that's the Wright car, but I think Lance Wright posted on Twitter it was actually $515,000 in stead of a million. I think the confusion came because the series yearly purse was $1.1 million that year.

Money maker was the name of the (BW)car he won over $1,000,000 with.. Airplane was a great car also (warrior) and made over a million in its life too. It was over 7 yr old before he stopped racing it and was the 2000 Hav-a-tamp championship car.

And there wasn't really anything special about the tubing,it was a cap over the tubing and was only on the exposed bars around (not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)(not a nice word)pit. Not some exotic tubing like everyone thought.

The first one (or two) was built at Warrior so he build his jig. I remember back in the 90s when he went with Warrior that one of Goddards crew told me that it was just like a Matersbilt but some of the braces were changed around...I remember an interview with Scott talking about how he would do that to all the chassis back in the day
    Last edited by dirtdobber45; 07-23-2016 at 04:01 PM.
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    The first one (or two) was built at Warrior so he build his jig. I remember back in the 90s when he went with Warrior that one of Goddards crew told me that it was just like a Matersbilt but some of the braces were changed around...I remember an interview with Scott talking about how he would do that to all the chassis back in the day
    If you went to the Warrior shop back then, Bloomers "Black Magic" cars were built on a different jig.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    If you went to the Warrior shop back then, Bloomers "Black Magic" cars were built on a different jig.
    I believe your right
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    I believe your right
    Epj was driving Warriors at the time for Marvin Harris, so I saw my fair share at their shop.
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    You are correct. Scott took his jig home after the breakup.. followed by Bruce some time later. Not Really Warrior cars,just used there shop to build his cars.