Thread: Screvin

Default Screvin

Made my first visit to this track tonight and loved it. Awesome racing. Can't wait to go back!

Yeah i went in February for the 1st and cant wait till next year to go back

Congratulations ferguson on the win last night. The next time you go to screven you will notice upgrades. It happens evertime I go there. Redd the promoter is always trying to make the place better. How do you like the admission price. Best value in racing

There's definitely a lot of work in progress. Looks like they're going to flip the track, with the backstretch eventually becoming the frontstretch. New bleachers coming for the kart track too (our nephews raced there last night). There's construction everywhere you look, around the entire facility. This is a promoter who cares. There are needed improvements and he's getting them done.

But -- bottom line -- I go for the slm racing. And what we saw last night was fantastic. That's a racey little joint, and the man sitting beside us said it's always that way. Can't wait to see what this place looks like from this point forward.

Agreed. This joint has always had great racing when I went. Too bad they don't have more events scheduled. I believe Redd's company has been so busy he's had to cut back some. Definitely a great promoter that shows he cares. This place used to run regular show every other week a few years back. One of the first tracks to do that here and the south and used to work well for them.

Thumbs up

I have never been disappointed with any trip I've made to Screven (Except for a rain-out or two.) Last night, the pork chop sammichs were great, and so was the racing. Way to go Chris Ferguson!!
    Because Dirt's for Racin'...

The admission was unexpected when i went. I pulled in through the gate and a man comes up and says "thatll be 40". Said i also wanted to go in the pits and he says, "still $40". Was well worth every penny. 1st track ive ever been to where you didnt have to pay extra for the pits and you also had the freedom to go wherever you wanted. Drag strip and the dirt go kart track were running earlier in the day. I had never seen anything like that. Down by Potomac we also have MIR the drag strip and the motocross at Budds Creek. All right beside each other but have to pay separately for each if more than 1 are running the same time

Of course I couldn't leave without taking this pic.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Definitely the best side by side multi groove racing within a couple hundred miles. I think he even made the track wider since the last time and Dixon was still putting the left front over the infield in 3 and 4. Track was a bit rougher than normal in 3 and 4 but what a battle. Always the best.
    Thanks again Redd
    p.s. Redd how about some ceiling fans for the concession stand area.

Sorry about the failed attempt to post a pic. Not sure what went wrong. It was a pic of the Leebo banner.