Default How Many Cars do the top Late Model Drivers typically have?

I have always wondered how many cars guys like Bloomquist, Moyer, Davenport etc. have in their stable of race ready cars? Do drivers typically use different cars for different type of tracks, or are they adjustable enough that guys mostly run the same car alot?

Quote Originally Posted by BloomerHarvickFan View Post
    I have always wondered how many cars guys like Bloomquist, Moyer, Davenport etc. have in their stable of race ready cars? Do drivers typically use different cars for different type of tracks, or are they adjustable enough that guys mostly run the same car alot?
    I'm sure it varies quite a bit. For instance, someone like Brandon Overton probably has just a couple cars. I think I remember hearing that Fergy for a long time just had one car, but now has both an XR1 and a Longhorn. I've seen pictures of Bloomquist and Morgan Bagley's shop both having 4+ cars. But definitely Richards has the most that I've seen, I think there is a picture out there with six cars (not sure if all were race ready though).

I guess the answer is, on average... A LOT.

Thanks,
    Jeff.

Ever see that picture of Kenny Compton's race shop? He had like 6-7 cars in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsboro23 View Post
    Ever see that picture of Kenny Compton's race shop? He had like 6-7 cars in there.
    Thats a lot of $ to just be sitting. He doesnt run much any more or atleast i dont see him at tracks i used to see him at.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Thats a lot of $ to just be sitting. He doesnt run much any more or atleast i dont see him at tracks i used to see him at.
    I think his son is racing a mod. Kenny is helping him out a lot.

I stopped by Lanigan's shop after the Florance rain out and he had 2 cars for him and 1 car for Jamison not sure what he has at Boyers. Also went to Moyers shop about 3 years ago and he had 3 and Jr had 3 cars. Wendal Wallace when I went there same year I went to Moyers Wendall had one race ready and one that was junk from when he raced at I80 and he tore up a car there

I was at warrior race cars in June and they had 1 race ready house car and 1 old car just bare chassis

I assume most of the National guys have at least three. Two with them on the road and at least a spare frame, if not a rolling chassis, back at the shop, that could be put together in a day or two if disaster struck and they junked a car.

I heard recently that Shannon Babb has 5 cars in his shop.
    Opinions are my own. Twitter.com/ShinySideUp18

Kenny sr spared no expense when it came to racing. Jr is very lucky to have had the opportunity to drive for a man with passion for racing like his old man. Always kept top notch equipment and they took care of what they had. Sr knew how to run a race team and had the cash to do it. I always thought he would have hired a big name driver and went and won some big races.

Look up Eric wells shop sometime,seen pic couple years ago and he had at least 5.

Think Bloomer said he has two favorites race ready,but I'm sure he has others partly ready.

A lot of Drivers have favorites.

Most don't understand, or believe, but if you have 2x identical cars, and they both scale the same etc. Those 2 cars will 9 out of 10 times not handle the same. Why? generally not sure.

Built a lot of race cars thru the years, but some are fast right out of the gate, and some seemed possessed.

I think Feger's has that "Hustler" chassis, think he said that car had like 300 plus shows on it. Still wins, Bloomqust has had many favorites over the years. So when they find one that works they will stay with them along time.

Just say no...