Thumbs up the Cedar Lake experience

It was amazing to see another hilltop bulldozed away for more camping. The east side camping now extends out like a fan from the big inside arena building. It's like a sudden town springing up in the Wisconsin countryside. There is also camping on the north side, northwest side, and even some on the south side by the pit fence.
    Also, maybe I don't get around much anymore, but the two huge high definition screens (scoreboards) are amazing. During time trials, one board puts up a picture and the name of the driver timing as he enters the track. On the left screen, the timing of the three cars on the track is instantaneous. On the right screen, all the timed drivers are ranked and it changes instantly. During racing the screens do instant replay of any accidents. As drivers win heat races they are interviewed in their car and it is broadcast in real time on the screen so you can plainly see the drivers faces and hear them talk.
    There were 86 late models on hand---49 of them USA Nationals drivers and the rest the NASCAR limited late models. Jimmy Mars drives in both, and maybe another guy but can't remember.
    Kudos to the Kaufman brothers. It is wonderful to see a track which is booming. I'm almost afraid when I think of the money they are pouring into an already excellent operation, but I guess that's what attracts fans. One other note, it was fun to see some fancy ice fishing houses being used as campers. Why not ? The accommodations in some of them are great.
    It's always a treat to have the Canadians come down. Cedar Lake also plays their national anthem. I saw one guy driving around on his four-wheeler with a little maple leaf flag on it. It's fun to see the happy bus loads of tubers coming back from the Apple River and unloading---all wet and happy. CBS Sports was on hand taping for a later broadcast--don't know broadcast date.

Still remember my first time there...my friend and I loved it

would love to go but thats a road trip in a half

I have been there once and would like to go every year. The drivers introduction for the feature is one of the coolest things i have ever seen at a race. Great track, nice people. If you get the chance to go i would definitely go.

We've been to Cedar Lake a half dozen times or more for the big dirt late model show's. It's great track and a very nice facility.

The only time I can remember that the racing wasn't good at CL was one year it rained out on Saturday night and they ran the show on Sunday afternoon. No passing, lot of smoking of the RR and many flat RR's. No one controls the weather and it was no fault of the management, just one of those unfortunate things that happen from time to time.

It is a amazing place. It shows a lot about this place with it being so far off the beaten path but everyone still comes. Second to none in my opinion, just to bad this year Bloomer, Satterlee, Owens, couldn't be here.

It was fascinating to have drivers from ALL OVER the United States--- from Arizona to Oregon, from Florida to New York--and all points in between. Truly IT IS the USA Nationals.

Thanks for sharing the experience

Nice to see Joey Coulter racing on the dirt at Cedar Lake after his stint with ARCA and with the NASCAR TRUCK series.
    ---back on dirt---YES ! ---I think he is going to college as well.

Just when I think I've seen cedar lakes best,they have races like this weekend. Man,from the qualifying races to the features,that place just amazes me. Josh Richards was questioning the track crews preparation before the feature,and guess what,best 100laps there in last 5 yrs at least. Thank you for yet another great weekend CLS. See you next year.

It was a great time. I do have one suggestion. Have a regular race on Friday too for 6 grand like the first. Have full program every night, get rid of the fans fun race!