Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mike Marlar

Default Mike Marlar

I read on DoD that he debuted a longhorn at Brownstown last night. What happen with the capital car?
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Set a new track record qualifying...looked really good winning his heat and the Feature....Linville,Fisher and Hines were the top 4...

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    I read on DoD that he debuted a longhorn at Brownstown last night. What happen with the capital car?
    I don't understand talking up Capital and all that, already having a Longhorn and getting rid of it, and now going back. I like him, but wth.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

It's ok ...............
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

The chassis switching in DLM racing is just NUTS!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by chupp n bloomer fan View Post
    I don't understand talking up Capital and all that, already having a Longhorn and getting rid of it, and now going back. I like him, but wth.
    Thats what Im saying. He gets the 'new' off of it and he wants to switch...crazy lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

I think it takes so long to get some of these chassis that they order one and by the time they get it they are back to running good in the old stuff but it's already paid for so here ya go now you have a new chassis

It is just in to days world if you dont do good right off you change..To day you want it NOW and have forgot how to make something work.....I would bet most people if you said put your Phone down for a day they could not do it....New is 2 days now and its old ,so next week Who knows what will happen....

The cars wear out after 25-30 races. These cars aren't built for a season anymore. So instead of having to pay for a new chassis each time, you swap to the other builders to try and get a deal.

Marlar could make lawn mower fast!! He runs good in whatever!

I thought I heard getting rid of the Longhorn might not have been his call?
    Modern Day Wedge Racing
    Florence -3
    Atomic - 2
    Moler - 1

From what was said last night, his new car is out of the Randy Weaver stable. His other Longhorn was not. So I would imagine this one is a lot different than that others that he had. Even though Weaver is still on the sideline driving wise the cars coming out of his shop right now
    are fast.

Like it was said earlier, Maybe they had ordered the new longhorn and had to wait their turn so they got that capital for s&g to see what was different...Im pretty sure Mike has sat in about all of them(chassis) in his career. Didnt he tear up a car earlier this season?

The labontes and everyone that works for and with them should be proud of what they have been able to build in such a short period of time.

Cull out the haters and I can't think of too many legit people that haven't had great things to say about the piece itself since they got it dialed in.

Think what you want about Earl and the rest of those early longhorn guys , but they all deserve a ton of credit for being the early crash test dummies and keeping the program relevant enough to keep it from folding shop and just saying screw it.

Glad everybody stuck out and even happier they can even be in the hot chassis conversations they are in these days .......
    Where is the move over flag when you need it?????

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Like it was said earlier, Maybe they had ordered the new longhorn and had to wait their turn so they got that capital for s&g to see what was different...Im pretty sure Mike has sat in about all of them(chassis) in his career. Didnt he tear up a car earlier this season?
    He was all in on Capitol. Said how great it was to be teamed up with Clanton/Green

Are there teams that keep two different brands and rotate between them on a regular or semi-regular basis? I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I don't really keep an eye on that kind of thing.

Maybe he still likes the Capitol and will pull it out at tracks where he's had luck with it in the past, or at races where he can pit next to Clanton.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    Are there teams that keep two different brands and rotate between them on a regular or semi-regular basis? I can't think of any off the top of my head, but I don't really keep an eye on that kind of thing.

Maybe he still likes the Capitol and will pull it out at tracks where he's had luck with it in the past, or at races where he can pit next to Clanton.
    Chris Ferguson rotates between a Rocket XR1 and a Longhorn.

Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    It's ok ...............
    Quote Originally Posted by Barbecueboy View Post
    The labontes and everyone that works for and with them should be proud of what they have been able to build in such a short period of time.

Cull out the haters and I can't think of too many legit people that haven't had great things to say about the piece itself since they got it dialed in.

Think what you want about Earl and the rest of those early longhorn guys , but they all deserve a ton of credit for being the early crash test dummies and keeping the program relevant enough to keep it from folding shop and just saying screw it.

Glad everybody stuck out and even happier they can even be in the hot chassis conversations they are in these days .......
    No one is saying anything bad about dear ole Longhorn. I agree with everything you said but the hater part. I don't see anything to hate. They are running well, and have some good drivers in them.

For sure Earl deserves some credit for driving them boat anchors. And Rumley for getting them set straight.
    Up in the air who my next “favorite” driver is. Really losing hope on Bloomer getting anywhere back to “normal”.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterSbilt_Racer View Post
    I thought I heard getting rid of the Longhorn might not have been his call?
    Yeah, possibly was Delk's call, dunno. If as someone stated, this is a Weaver Longhorn, and the other was a regular Longhorn, maybe that played into it.

Quote Originally Posted by NormP View Post
    I think Babb has 4 different cars. Someone else may know for sure. I heard he had a xr1, another older rocket, the old Moyer/VC, and the BD/Club 29 car he's been running here lately, which is the car he won the topless in last year.

I haven't seen the Moyer/VC or the other rocket in quite awhile though.