Thread: Question

Default Question

I hope most of you on here don't think this is too dumb of a question. I went to see the WoO race on Thursday night at Delaware International Speedway. Afterward I walked through the pits as I don't get to see them race often. What struck me was most of the cars in the pits had the back end of the cars covered. What exactly are they trying to keep a secret....shocks, type of rear-end, etc.??? Coming from the sprint car and big block modified world, these "World Trade Secrets" appeared odd to me. You can walk right up to the winning car at tonight's Knoxville Nationals and inspect "every inch" of the winning car, there is nothing to hide????

Quote Originally Posted by BTExpress View Post
    I hope most of you on here don't think this is too dumb of a question. I went to see the WoO race on Thursday night at Delaware International Speedway. Afterward I walked through the pits as I don't get to see them race often. What struck me was most of the cars in the pits had the back end of the cars covered. What exactly are they trying to keep a secret....shocks, type of rear-end, etc.??? Coming from the sprint car and big block modified world, these "World Trade Secrets" appeared odd to me. You can walk right up to the winning car at tonight's Knoxville Nationals and inspect "every inch" of the winning car, there is nothing to hide????
    Big block mods have adopted the rear covers in recent years, too.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

What's funny is how a lot of the back markers that are not competitive at all cover their stuff up as well. It's a big joke I think. It was all suppose to come to a end last year. Rules. Who needs em.
    8/13/16

mind games
    victim

Not sure about back covers but I thought Lucas put out a rule against tarping the back half of the car including the wheel wells. Of course they also mandated the top 10 pit beside each other about the same time. Part of the "what are Rumley and Davenport doing" mania of last year. Don't think either are enforced as intended.

Maby they don't want people to see what don't work !

don't think woo adopted that rule , setups rom one late model to next can be quite different

Its starting to get kinda silly, waiting to see these guys start bringing portable sheds with them so they can hide everything. Nothing like walking the pits and trying to take some pics of your favorites just to get more tarp than car

jlacey....that's when it hit me. I wanted to take a few pictures and then I realized I could barely see the car... even got some stares from a few crew guys when I leaned over the hood to see what engines some of them were running....heck I wasn't a threat, I have no idea what I am looking at....just a FAN from the stands.

If they are hiding something, it works.

Is they are not hiding something, it still works!

LOL!

They're generally hiding their setup....bar angles, shock angles, jbar angle, rearend location, and chassis construction to a small degree.

If you ever get to work on one, youll find you notice little things about the other cars.

And sometimes its just......mind games!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

jlacey....that's when it hit me. I wanted to take a few pictures and then I realized I could barely see the car... even got some stares from a few crew guys when I leaned over the hood to see what engines some of them were running....heck I wasn't a threat, I have no idea what I am looking at....just a FAN from the stands.
    They thinking your 007 spying for another team lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    They're generally hiding their setup....bar angles, shock angles, jbar angle, rearend location, and chassis construction to a small degree.If you ever get to work on one, youll find you notice little things about the other cars.And sometimes its just......mind games!
    Yea what he said ^^^^^^ lol some come up with some crazy stuff lol
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by dirtdobber45 View Post
    Yea what he said ^^^^^^ lol some come up with some crazy stuff lol
    haha....one time, my other crew buddies, dared me to bounce on the back of Bloomers car to see how stiff it was. Dummy me did it victory lane and almost knocked the trophy to the ground. I got one nasty look from Scott that nite! I never did that again! lol

Of course that was a long time ago!
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

A few years back, when Bloomer and Mars had their misunderstanding @ Lernerville, I wore a Jimmy Mars T shirt and hung around Bloomers pit much of the night. Got a lot of strange looks from Scott and Tommy Hicks that night.
    8/13/16