Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Jameson won't last 40 laps. I would keep an eye on McDowell, he's smooth!

bobby pierce enough said

Quote Originally Posted by huskerdirt View Post
    All you guys really gotta look at is average finish between the two heat races.ONeal 1.0Bloomer 1.5Jameson 2.0BShepp 2.0Owens 2.0Moyer 2.5 Davenport 2.5McDowell 3.0Landers 3.0Chilton 3.0Marler 3.0Francis 3.0Brown 3.5Moran 3.5Erb JR 3.5Pierce 4.0 holds tiebreaker based on fastest lap.McCreadie 4.0Miller 4.0-----From McDowell to Francis is a 5 way tie.... Exact number of passing points. McDowell holds tiebreakers based on fastest lap.Jameson, BShepp, Owens are separated by 5.28 points. Jameson was the only 1 of the 3 to gain spots in both rounds. That's why is his points were a tick higher. His mid pack starting average worked in his favor.I know the average finish isn't completely a 100 percent perfect equation. But it does eliminate a lot of the headache in figuring the numbers. A guy with a lower average finish isn't gonna start better than one with a higher average.
    Thanks,huskerdirt. That is what I was looking for! It may not be perfect,but I get it,very good analogy.THANKS!!! I won't be so critical of this format in the future.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier_Dirt View Post
    Jameson won't last 40 laps. I would keep an eye on McDowell, he's smooth!
    I agree with you on both points. jameson is his own worst enemy. McDowell just quietly works his way to the front and becomes a threat.

In years past they have done a what they called a scramble, even and odd, to set the official field for the 16 locked in. Not sure if they're doing it this year or not though.

McDowell is my pick to win the money tonight. O'neal looked the best that I seen though.

seems like several guys are going to be there IMO... going to be a very good N/S

No scramble...top 16 are locked in. I've never been to a passing points event, and I must say I kind of really like it. I mean, as a fan how can you not when they give you double heat races. To me, 12 is better than 6. Just race and get your points. If you're starting on the pole in a heat, keep your position. Anyway, I came in not expecting to like this, and now I'm a fan. Just my opinion. I realize others don't agree. I feel like I got my money's worth last night, though. Give me 6 extra heats over time trials any day of the week.

Bloomer has the best car by far, as usual. I really do not see anyone passing him. Sort of like the other night. Same ole, same ole most likely. If he has misfortune tire etc., then the race should be wide open. But, I wouldn't count on that. He has been cruising all weekend. No pressure from anyone as of yet. O'Neal has looked good, but will still have to settle for second at best, most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by zyoung25 View Post
    In years past they have done a what they called a scramble, even and odd, to set the official field for the 16 locked in. Not sure if they're doing it this year or not though.

McDowell is my pick to win the money tonight. O'neal looked the best that I seen though.
    I guess you haven't seen Bloomie? LOL

Looking at the line ups for the Bmains on DoD i see John Gill starting in the 2nd and 3rd Bs. Assuming thats a typo?

Boys this is a 100 lapper and the track is gonna keep changing. With the tire rule Lucas has, if that track keeps packing down and taking rubber the rf tires are really gonna go away. Imo starting position doesn't matter and it's gonna be anybody's race. After Scott won the 75 lapper he said in the post race interview that he could feel his rf going a little. My prediction is the winner is gonna come off the bottom and maybe a late charge from midpack or farther?

I hope it is an exciting race, but I wouldn't put much stock in anything Bloomer says about a race he just won. That car was breezing. Oneal was driving the wheels of his car, but he couldn't really challenge him at any point. It was one of the less stressful wins I have seen in years. Just saying
    I am going to have to see a lot more than what i saw Thursday or in the heats last night. No one has anything close at this point.

Scott wasn't the fastest car last night. B Shep was catching him in the second heat. The track really greased over last night. If it's like that tonight? It's anybody's race. I'm hoping the track doesn't grease up tonight. The track was much better Thursday

Quote Originally Posted by old fan View Post
    bobby pierce enough said
    Not gonna happen old fag!

er fan

Quote Originally Posted by TS FAN View Post
    Bloomer has the best car by far, as usual. I really do not see anyone passing him. Sort of like the other night. Same ole, same ole most likely. If he has misfortune tire etc., then the race should be wide open. But, I wouldn't count on that. He has been cruising all weekend. No pressure from anyone as of yet. O'Neal has looked good, but will still have to settle for second at best, most likely.
    Well, Scott can have the fastest hot rod in the house, get stuck on the sh1tter, and not make it to staging in time. He may be the best, but he's never a lock.
    8/13/16