Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GRT racecars

Quote Originally Posted by MBR Performance View Post
    Tim Dohm won the world of outlaws show at Tyler County in his Swartz. I believe Ryan Markham is in one also and winning. As for Rocket who other than Josh is making news nationally? No one
    Thanx I had forgotten Tim ...be honest the only rocket I like is the one Jimmy O is in
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

It would be nice to see a GRT and a Swartz on a nationally level like to see a TNT also
    If I havent offended you please be patient Ill get to you as soon as I can...... and yes Im a Bloomquist fan...deal w it!!! WWG1WGA!!!

Wink

Tim Dohm won the world of outlaws show at Tyler County in his Swartz. I believe Ryan Markham is in one also and winning. As for Rocket who other than Josh is making news nationally? No one
    Who is making news nationally in a Swartz?

No one.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoshBayko

Guerrilla Racing Junkies!

I hate to point out the obvious but a highly funded well driven house car with who knows what under the bodywork is a poor indicator of potential performance of an off the shelf standard car from the builder. In the case of the smaller builders what you see is what you get or very close, the bigger guys have more $$ to try more things.

I think a bigger indicator of which chassis one should buy is the following:
    1. Is it safe?
    2. Does it have the potential?
    3. Are they going to help me get it figured out?

The house car of a big builder has 3 nailed all the time regardless, from having engineers help out to just plain being smart with the cars. Getting number 3 from a big builder can be difficult often because they are busy working on building a large number of cars or they are trying to figure out whats next on their own car.

The other issue is how much you spend with a manufacture can sometimes dictate what level help you get, this is a common complaint with Rocket. I have spent $ 50 with Audie before and he spent hours on the phone helping me, after that I spent who knows what on a new car, same support and willing to spend time. For a smaller team that is huge, having the help to get answers on building the car, troubleshooting, etc... With the small number of cars GRT is building for late models and trying to build a business up I would think they would be helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Can anybody recall seeing a GRT car win a DLM race this year?
    Not in big numbers obviously, but pictures of winners pop up on their facebook every so often.

Tim Dohm is more of a regional racer than a touring seiries regular. With that being said you need to look more on a regional and local level to see which chassis is winning more races because thats where most of the cars are. There are only 25 to 30 guys who run nationally and only a hand full of them win races on a regular basis. So Does one chassis builder win a bunch on races nationally? Look to your regional and local showsto see which chassis builders really dominate. I think you will find that rockets do pretty well all over the country as where other manufactures do well in their particular region. Are they good copiers or are they good business people and inovators themselves. I think a little of all three. Regardless it all boils down to how many cars that you sell year in an year out and if I where a beating man I would bet nobody has outsold them for quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh Bayko View Post
    Who is making news nationally in a Swartz? No one.
    do they have to make news nationally good grief

Grt has won on the local level this year

I pretty sure Rocket has plenty of drivers winning. Sheppard has done well on the Lucas series all season. As for Josh being the only driver making news nationally who else in a Rocket is campaigning that is in the league to do so? Who is making national news in a Longhorn other than Davenport? Nobody. Who is making national news in Capital other than Clanton? Nobody. Who has made national news in a Black Diamond other than Erb? Nobody. Who has made national news in a Club 29? Nobody. Who has made news nationally in a Swartz other than Dohm one race? Nobody. Who has made national news in a Barry Wright other than Owens one race? Nobody. Who is making national news in a Pierce other than Bobby? Nobody. Who is making national in a Bloomquist other than Bloomquist? McDowell yeah he has won one Lucas race But so has Sheppard. and Bloomquist isn't really in the volume chassis business anyways. So what's your point? Name a chassis company that has 2 drivers with 3 or more national wins Lucas or WOO this year.... Max Blair has won over 25 races in his region and a 10K to win this year in a Rocket. Dale Holidage has won like 13 races in his region this year with a Rocket. And I didn't know Ryan Markham was running a national series.. what national series race did Ryan win that I missed? How many local races did Ryan win this year in the Swartz and how many in his Rocket?
    Last edited by onlyfacts; 08-19-2016 at 09:19 AM.

If I was buying a new car today, I doubt very seriously that I would even look at anything but a Swartz. Or a Swartz by Boggs. Seems like they win about every race around my area anyway. And like was stated before, You can't beat the tech support that you get from Audie. Whether you spend $20 dollars or $20,000 dollars.

In my opinion, the POST OF THE YEAR....well done facts!

I pretty sure Rocket has plenty of drivers winning. Sheppard has done well on the Lucas series all season. As for Josh being the only driver making news nationally who else in a Rocket is campaigning that is in the league to do so? Who is making national news in a Longhorn other than Davenport? Nobody. Who is making national news in Capital other than Clanton? Nobody. Who has made national news in a Black Diamond other than Erb? Nobody. Who has made national news in a Club 29? Nobody. Who has made news nationally in a Swartz other than Dohm one race? Nobody. Who has made national news in a Barry Wright other than Owens one race? Nobody. Who is making national news in a Pierce other than Bobby? Nobody. Who is making national in a Bloomquist other than Bloomquist? McDowell yeah he has won one Lucas race But so has Sheppard. and Bloomquist isn't really in the volume chassis business anyways. So what's your point? Name a chassis company that has 2 drivers with 3 or more national wins Lucas or WOO this year.... Max Blair has won over 25 races in his region and a 10K to win this year in a Rocket. Dale Holidage has won like 13 races in his region this year with a Rocket. And I didn't know Ryan Markham was running a national series.. what national series race did Ryan win that I missed? How many local race did Ryan win this year in the Swartz and how many in his Rocket?

Grt is one big name away from getting back up front. Give Bloomquist a month in a GRT and he will have the thing up front. Racing is a monkey see monkey do sport. Hejl Bloomquist sold Cornett, custom, and now Andy Durham more engines then they can make. A good driver and a man that understands how a car work can put a lot of money in a lot of people's pockets.

It would be fun if Bloomquist or Davenport won in a GRT one night to see how many they sell the next day.

What chassi e did erb win the dream hmmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by Centeroff View Post
    Grt is one big name away from getting back up front. Give Bloomquist a month in a GRT and he will have the thing up front. Racing is a monkey see monkey do sport. Hejl Bloomquist sold Cornett, custom, and now Andy Durham more engines then they can make. A good driver and a man that understands how a car work can put a lot of money in a lot of people's pockets.

Thats why bloomer hired a camera guy to snap pics of jds car last yr . But hes smart enough to figure it out by looking at a dominate chassis and make his car close to it.
    THE REAL SLIDING SIDEWAYS!

Quote Originally Posted by SLIDING SIDEWAYS View Post
    Thats why bloomer hired a camera guy to snap pics of jds car last yr . But hes smart enough to figure it out by looking at a dominate chassis and make his car close to it.
    Isn't this a form of copying?

Quote Originally Posted by onlyfacts View Post
    Isn't this a form of copying?
    Bloomer could outrun half of them with a canoe and 1 paddle! lol
    Turn LEFT, Vote RIGHT!

Quote Originally Posted by a25rjr View Post
    Bloomer could outrun half of them with a canoe and 1 paddle! lol
    With one arm in a cast...

I guess I'll go ahead and say it sense no one else wants to. Good luck with getting any kind of help from GRT I love their cars but getting any kind of help over the phone takes an act of God

Doug drown has won in his new Swartz as well.